PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried?

emma907
June 30th, 2012, 06:47 AM
So, im sitting waiting for a consultation to get my hair coloured back to my natural colour (first salon trip since 2009) and there is this girl in the chair getting her hair roots bleached - lets say the quality of her hair seems pretty bad-.

Anyway, I cant help but overhear (im sat about a metre away):

Girl to colourist: "yeah, I've been trying to grow my hair to my shoulders for ages, but it wont grow, and my split ends are so bad and I can't not straighten it as its so frizzy"

I think to myself, and you STILL bleach?!:doh:

I felt very bad for her hair, I wanted to pipe in and say something and hand her my wee pot of coconut oil i keep in my bad but alas, it was not my place...

Then it seems the coloursit that is going to do my hair, is the one doing that to the girl!

Not a comforting Thought?! should I be worried?

PolarCathy
June 30th, 2012, 07:13 AM
So, im sitting waiting for a consultation to get my hair coloured back to my natural colour (first salon trip since 2009) and there is this girl in the chair getting her hair roots bleached - lets say the quality of her hair seems pretty bad-.

Anyway, I cant help but overhear (im sat about a metre away):

Girl to colourist: "yeah, I've been trying to grow my hair to my shoulders for ages, but it wont grow, and my split ends are so bad and I can't not straighten it as its so frizzy"

I think to myself, and you STILL bleach?!:doh:

I felt very bad for her hair, I wanted to pipe in and say something and hand her my wee pot of coconut oil i keep in my bad but alas, it was not my place...

Then it seems the coloursit that is going to do my hair, is the one doing that to the girl!

Not a comforting Thought?! should I be worried?

I don't go to stylists often... but how often can a stylist/colourist/hairdresser/whoever say (to the customer who is paying for the service, that is) something like "hey your hair is in such an awful shape, I'm not going to bleach it for you"? Girl goes there, her choice, hairdresser does it. I don't think she has a choice here.

EtherealDoll
June 30th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Should you be worried going to that colourist? No, I don't think so. You shouldn't judge the colourist based on only one girl's hair. The fact that the girl's hair is so damaged isn't the colourist's fault, she should learn how to take care of bleached hair, the most the colourist can do to help her is to advice her what products to use or maybe some hair treatment that they offer in the salon. If the girl wants to bleach her hair no matter what is the hair's condition, well, the colourist is just doing his/her job.

spidermom
June 30th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Bleaching and straightening, bad combination.
I think I'd be a bit concerned,though, not having seen any other examples of this colorist's work.