PDA

View Full Version : My first French braid!

Dovetail
June 30th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Yay I'm so excited! Our waitress is going to help us clean rooms today at the inn, she's trying to grow her hair out, and she has super short wispy layers. She asked me if I could just braid the end, but thought "oh we'll, then you'd have it still all in your face" so I tried a French braid, I told her well I can always take it out...

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/LostDove/1195b868.jpg

I thought it looked pretty good though!

hafattack
June 30th, 2012, 06:14 AM
looks great!! :D braids are fun.. I have yet to master a normal french braid on myself though

EtherealDoll
June 30th, 2012, 06:30 AM
It looks cute :flower: I never managed to braid short hair, it always fell out from the braid

caadam
June 30th, 2012, 06:38 AM
WOOOOOH! :cheese:

I can't even do a French braid! lol

neko_kawaii
June 30th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Congratulations! Aside from practice, I found that when braiding other peoples' hair I get worried I'll pull their hair and end up with a looser braid than I would have done on myself. "Tell me if I'm pulling too much," is a great way to relax that concern and results in a tighter braid.

Ticky
June 30th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Looks good :)

goldloli
June 30th, 2012, 09:00 AM
well done!!

I adore french braid pigtails but always too scared to try incase i mess them up.

jacqueline101
June 30th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Looks fabulous.

Gumball
June 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Yay I'm so excited! Our waitress is going to help us clean rooms today at the inn, she's trying to grow her hair out, and she has super short wispy layers. She asked me if I could just braid the end, but thought "oh we'll, then you'd have it still all in your face" so I tried a French braid, I told her well I can always take it out...

I thought it looked pretty good though!

Your braiding effort turned out great! I think that's about how my first time french braiding someone else's hair looked, too.

Congratulations! Aside from practice, I found that when braiding other peoples' hair I get worried I'll pull their hair and end up with a looser braid than I would have done on myself. "Tell me if I'm pulling too much," is a great way to relax that concern and results in a tighter braid.

That is definitely true. I have a relatively tender head, which predisposes me to worry about that. Letting the other person know definitely soothes the concern. Also it helps because then they can understand the difference between braiding tightly (which can hurt due to pulling) versus braiding snugly (which doesn't hurt, but is pretty solid).

AngelDoll
June 30th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Yay, you did it! I wish I could French braid my hair.

Lostsoule77
June 30th, 2012, 10:40 AM
That looks really good for the first time! :)

Dovetail
June 30th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Thank you so much everyone! Especially for the tips! It was pretty lose mostly because her hair was like..dandelion puffs :) super soft though! But that is a very good idea to say that to whom ever I'm braiding on, because it is something I worry about even with an English braid. I tend to like my brai very tight at the nape but I know some people just don't.

I'm very pleased that it held up through her full waitressing shift plus the housekeeping too! And I didn't even put anything on it (though I'm sure she uses product at home which probably helped)