PDA

View Full Version : Aloe Vera question.

IvanaGil
June 30th, 2012, 01:55 AM
I went thread hopping and need some clarification. I want to start using AV but I don't want the artificial gel or juice. I already have an AV plant in my house, so can I use the gel straight from the leaves? I'm new to AV so I apologize if this question is somewhat dumb :o

PolarCathy
June 30th, 2012, 02:08 AM
I went thread hopping and need some clarification. I want to start using AV but I don't want the artificial gel or juice. I already have an AV plant in my house, so can I use the gel straight from the leaves? I'm new to AV so I apologize if this question is somewhat dumb :o

Yes but you have to use it up in a few days and store it in the fridge. If you buy a stabilized gel (you can get like 99.8% AVG) that's more predictable and it can be stored for a long time (1 year maybe).

IvanaGil
June 30th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Thank you. That's very helpful :)

GrowingGlory
June 30th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Lily of the Desert makes some great aloe products. There is preservative-free aloe gel or aloe juice and aloe gelly made for topical use. It's easier to use than fresh aloe and results are more predictable. Unless your aloe plant is large, daily use would leave it bald.

IvanaGil
June 30th, 2012, 06:57 AM
I would just use some to add in my conditioner, not for daily use.

GrowingGlory
June 30th, 2012, 07:25 AM
You might want to check out their Aloe80 line of hair and body care products.

Lady Neeva
June 30th, 2012, 09:33 AM
The only pure aloe vera I've seen these days stored in a bottle, is Lakewood. http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/product_detail/id-73/

EndlessSunshine
June 30th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Aloe is so goooood, If I could I would buy like six plants and just use them for my beauty routine. I buy the gel because my gardening skills are not awesome. lol

ratgirldjh
June 30th, 2012, 01:13 PM
You can cut off a leaf and use a section and the keep it in the fridge. We always do this here. They kind of heal their own cut section off and the other part stays fresh (in the fridge) for a long time!

I have some big leafs in there that I have had for several months and although they are a little limp they are still full of gel!