PDA

View Full Version : Halo frizz

KittyPTY
June 29th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Hello, im looking for help regarding my frontal hairline my hair there is so so soooooooo dry and breaks easily, i find it very damaged compared to the rest of my hair, i can pull it and it stays still.... makes me look like a troll.... I don't know what i should do.... should i chop it short? i've been oiling that area for quite sometimes, it does help a lot, and i put there a leave in conditioner and reapply several times per day, it has gotten better, i have to wear bobby pins to hold them in place or i would get a halo as soon as i take them out.

Does anybody know something that i can do for fix it? It makes me depressed.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hollyfire3
June 29th, 2012, 11:59 PM
The oiling and leave in is very good, but the bobby pins may be increasing the breakage. Perhaps some natural gel like aloe vera would be good to make the flyaways stay down?

Natalia
June 30th, 2012, 12:26 AM
oiling post wash plus avg once the updo is done are my good pals. best of luck

spirals
June 30th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Pomade of some sort? My friend used it for that purpose when she used to pull her hair back, before she chopped it all off. >.<

lapushka
June 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM
A leave-in of some sorts or just leaving some of your regular conditioner in where it gets the most frizzy. You do have to experiment a little with how much of your conditioner you leave in, though.

hafattack
June 30th, 2012, 10:44 AM
same problem here.. get rid of bobby pins, some barrettes and hair twisties!

Madora
June 30th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Perhaps just a drop or two of mineral oil (aka baby oil)?

I'd definitely ditch those bobby pins. The front hairs are very delicate and can break from repeated pressure from bobby pins.

You might try gentle hair massage in the front of the hair to encourage the circulation amount the roots.

bumblebums
June 30th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Around the hairline, the hairs have a shorter terminal length and are in general thinner and more delicate. Probably especially so if you are a curly and a finey, which you are. So you might not be able to win this battle, but you could minimize the annoyance by using some kind of product to make the hairs fall in line with the longer ones. Regular conditioner, aloe vera gel, oil--pick your favorite, but something ought to work for you.

Another thing to think about is that you could just make peace with the curls and cut in some layers around the hairline, so they don't have to fall in line. Layers get a bad rep sometimes around here, but for someone with lots of curls, they might be a good solution because they allow the curls to do their own thing.

Ebrox
June 30th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I agree with what everybody has said, oil + avg - bobipins.
Also what I do when frizz occurs is braid that part in some sort of french/lace braid.
hope this helps!

KittyPTY
June 30th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Thank you everyone for your help! I didn't knew the bobby pins damaged hair, maybe thats what made the problem worse?, i will use some barretes as halo restrainers LOL. i do oil when my hair is damp. I will try baby oil i think i saw a post before of how to use it, ill go recheck it, and aloe vera gel to see which gives me best results. =) Thank you very much ;)

coneyisland
June 30th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hi Kitty PTY. This type hat is perfect for year-round use in your locale, and it would keep your hands free. It can easily be fitted with other ties (I use long washable shoestrings with mine), and it will accommodate any braids or buns.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Vietnamese-Asian-Oriental-Straw-Palm-Bamboo-Leaf-HATS-/350304995386

If you are going to use any type of barrettes or hair clips, I suggest you find some little juvenile type barrettes made entirely of plastic. Everything metallic I used in my hair there shortly rusted or corroded.

KittyPTY
July 1st, 2012, 03:32 PM
Hi Kitty PTY. This type hat is perfect for year-round use in your locale, and it would keep your hands free. It can easily be fitted with other ties (I use long washable shoestrings with mine), and it will accommodate any braids or buns.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Vietnamese-Asian-Oriental-Straw-Palm-Bamboo-Leaf-HATS-/350304995386

If you are going to use any type of barrettes or hair clips, I suggest you find some little juvenile type barrettes made entirely of plastic. Everything metallic I used in my hair there shortly rusted or corroded.

The closest hat i own is a panama hat http://www.jilian.com.hk/images/lock-and-co-mauritius-panama-hat.jpg
ill try to search that one at the chinnese market it should be good for taking care of my garden. Thank you very much for the idea!

I went buy barretes yesterday got some goody ones made of plastic i found them at amazon too:

this ones:

http://www.amazon.com/Goody-Ouchless-Small-Autoclasp-Barrettes/dp/B005LFTNDY/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1341171576&sr=8-2-fkmr2&keywords=good+ouchless+barrette

And i tried them this morning and fit my hair better than the bobby pins. :D

thank you very much for all the help :D to everyone