PDA

View Full Version : My avatar and siggy

Chrissy
March 16th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Hi mods: How to I get my pics to come up on my avatar and siggy? All I see is links to photobucket. On the old boards the pics were there. Thanks!

Chrissy
March 16th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Oh and I see the post on siggys with 11 pages! Is the answer in there? I'm not computer savvy at all!

Rae~
March 16th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Hey Chrissy,

I haven't read all of the sig thread, but I'm fairly sure the answer to your question is in there somewhere!

Signatures are now (on this new board) limited to just three lines, so when you edit yours, it won't let you save it until you get it down to that limit. The good news is that the lovely "modmins" (moderators+administrators) have worked out how to re-add hair type/length/goal info to our profile/avatar info, so you don't *need* to have that in your signature any more (although of course you can if you wish). :)

All of these functions are under the 'UserCP' link, which is in the left top-ish area of the screen. Once you click on that, you'll see a screen with a "My Control Panel" box down the lefthand side. You need to go to the "Edit Your Details" link to enter your hairtype info (so that it appears under your name on all your posts). Then go to the "Edit Signature" link, to amend your signature (this is where it will have to be only 3 lines, or else you won't be able to re-save it).

Rather than try to explain how to do every variation of a signature, can I ask a question - I see you have links to three photos, in your current sig. I think we are limited to just one photo file in our signatures now, so if you want all three photos to show, they will need to be combined into a single file. How do you want your new signature to appear? Do you want just text, or perhaps photos? Do you want the photos to be "clickable" (i.e. to lead to your blog.journal etc)?

I hope my garbled instructions helped you at least a little, and if you have further questions not answered by the Signature Help thread, then there will be people here to help if you like.

Best of luck! It took me a while to work it out.... :)