PDA

View Full Version : How do you store your hair supplies (brushes, toys, etc)??

johnnystiletto
June 29th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Just curious, how do y'all store your hair brushes/combs and things like toys/hairsticks?

I've got so many brushes now, and not enough drawer space for them. For my hairsticks, I actually store/display them in a McCoy strawberry pot that I thrifted for $5! It's not cute, but everything else gets kept in little plastic shoe bins that stay in the cabinet underneath the bathroom sink.

I have these little plastic "bento boxes" - little food containers with 4 separate compartments and a plastic snap on top. I keep things like scroos/spin-pins, bobby pins, small barrettes/clips separated in that.

Madora
June 29th, 2012, 12:35 PM
My main tools (comb, brush, pins, a few elastics plus a Flexi 8 and a Goody ouchless barrette are kept in a foot long Sterelite plastic box in the bathroom. The rest of the toys are kept in my bureau drawer..in a tray.

afu
June 29th, 2012, 12:42 PM
My sticks are kept in a sheep mug on my bedroom desk, if im travelling they live in a cute Cath Kidston floral mini pencil case :) My brushes (a TT for general use, a round 'evil' brush for drying/shaping my blunt fringe) hover somewhere near said mug. I'm not into pins/clips/baronettes. I have one elastic which lives on my wrist.

Bunnysaur
June 29th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I have a medium sized makeup pouch that I keep my sticks and forks in. My comb and brush are... somewhere. I can always find them when I need them :p

pepperminttea
June 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM
You might find this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2959) useful. :) At the moment I keep my hairtoys in a large weave blanket, draped over a long wooden dowel, clipped in place with two binder clips, and hung up. The weave is just the right size that I can slot most hair sticks and forks in and they'll stay securely. It's cheap and it works, but I'm hoping to get a proper case like the ones Nativwomn on Etsy makes soon. :D

LaFlor
June 29th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I only have 3 hair toys, a comb, a BBB brush, and few elastics, so I just keep them in a plastic pencil box in the bathroom. I bought it for 25 cents during the before school sales :D

johnnystiletto
June 29th, 2012, 12:48 PM
You might find this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2959) useful. :) At the moment I keep my hairtoys in a large weave blanket, draped over a long wooden dowel, clipped in place with two binder clips, and hung up. The weave is just the right size that I can slot most hair sticks and forks in and they'll stay securely. It's cheap and it works, but I'm hoping to get a proper case like the ones Nativwomn on Etsy makes soon. :D

Thanks for the link! I've actually considered one of those 'over the door' hanging shoe organizer things with all of the pockets - would be really easy to grab brushes/combs/etc!

SurferB
June 29th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Honestly, I just throw them all over the house where ever I end up needing it. I'm soo unorganized at home ;-P

Dovetail
June 29th, 2012, 12:51 PM
This thread is so fun, right now I keep my comb and bobby pins, sock (for bun) bandana and paranda stuffed into a crown royal bag in my purse. My brushes (that I'm trying not to use) have been relocated to the husbands side of the bathroom. He always got mad at me for "taking all the brushes" so now he can have them, all of them! Once I get my fork and hair sticks and other goodies I'm planning on sewing something together.

honeybunnie8
June 29th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Where ever they land when I use them or take them out..

Jing
June 29th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I keep some of my toys in a tiny (8 inches tall) wooden bureau my grandmother painted for me, some on the wardrobe shelf the bureau is standing on, and some on a table in the hallway (those are the ones I actually use right now). My BBB and combs are on a little basket shelf in the bathroom. Shampoos and conditioners are on the bathtub edge. Most of my oils are in the fridge, and my EOs are in the bathroom cupboard along with my AVG.

Once my hair gets long enough (or un-slippery enough) for me to use my sticks and fork, I'll make some kind of cloth storage for them. They're fine in their little wooden drawer for now since I never take them out.

Ticky
June 29th, 2012, 01:29 PM
I keep my hair ties, clips and the rest in a small box. The brush is either on or in the cabinet, as well as my comb.

kaydana
June 29th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I keep most of my hair stuff (toys, comb, bobby pins, scissors) in a clear plastic jewellery organiser hung up in my wardrobe (it looks a little bit like one of those shoe organisers that hang on the back of a door, but double sided and with smaller pockets). My brushes just sit on my desk next to the jar of coconut oil, they don't fit in the jewellery organiser and they're too bulky to have them take up any of my limited drawer space.

jeanniet
June 29th, 2012, 01:57 PM
My combs and brushes are organized in a drawer in my bathroom. My hair toys are kept in plastic drawers lined with fleece--I have some fairly expensive pieces so I'm very careful with all of them. A lot of them have their own fleece sleeves, too, and I keep a couple of spare sleeves in a drawer in the family room in case I take out a stick or fork there, so I have someplace safe to put them. All my Ficarres have their own sleeves. I'm a little neurotic. ;)

neko_kawaii
June 29th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I have two small but deep shelves on the bookshelf next to my mirror the stuff I use everyday are spread out on. Some things have their own little boxes, or the packaging they came in and the rest occasionally get orgainized, otherwise things end up in a small jumble. Other less used things are stashed around the bedroom here and there where room could be found.

riceball
June 29th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Most people who answer this seem so organized, I am impressed! And inspired! My hair things are kind of everywhere..I am a HUGE fan of colorful plastic hair clips with rhinestones and whatnot. All I have are claw clips and banana clips.

I keep some in my purse and the rest are in my locker at work, in boxes of accessories stored somewhere or scattered in my bathroom..I really WILL get organized when I get a permanent apartment!

annah
June 29th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the link! I've actually considered one of those 'over the door' hanging shoe organizer things with all of the pockets - would be really easy to grab brushes/combs/etc!

Shoe organizers here, except they are mounted on the wall in the bathroom. I have 2 of them, and they hold all my shampoo/conditioner, brushes, combs, extra toothpaste, etc. We have limited storage space here, so a lot of our storage is vertical.

I also have a small glass jar on the bathroom counter that holds the comb I use the most. I braided some fabric strips, and have all my hair stuff hung on that- amish hairpins, sticks, barettes, clippies, etc. I also have a coffee cup on the computer desk that holds another comb, hairsticks, etc.

dwell_in_safety
June 29th, 2012, 06:23 PM
All over the bathroom... lol. I'm going to buy storage for them eventually. I only let myself order one hair toy every other month; currently I'm only up to six (originally I purchased three, to start). I also have six spin pins and two wood combs: wide tooth for detangling and fine tooth for smoothing updos. I mainly want storage for them to protect my nicer toys, such as a GTS fork, from being damaged/scratched.

ladylowtide
June 29th, 2012, 06:29 PM
In a cute sewing box that my mom got for me. I have measuring tape, my forks, my bobbies, my scrunchies, my ouch less ties, my brush etc.

SongofLove
June 29th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Honestly right now I put them back in the box they came in (e.g. the plastic box the Tangle Teezer comes in, or for my hairsticks, the cardboard box it was mailed in) and put them all on a certain shelf. It does not look pretty :D

Oksana
July 2nd, 2012, 05:52 PM
I have 3 different storage boxes in different sizes. Large one for all my curlformers, medium one for tangle teezer, coconut oil, clips etc and a small one for hair bands :)

Tisiloves
July 2nd, 2012, 06:14 PM
Wherever I found space.:oops:

jojo
July 2nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
I use a make up box the type that looks like a tool box and opens out but I need to invest in another as my collection is growing. Though I do have some bits just chucked on my dressing table :o

prettykitty
July 2nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
I keep brushes and combs in the bathroom (my BBB goes in a drawer to keep it away from too much dust) my hairsticks in a mug on top of the bedroom drawers, and ficcares and such on a piece on fabric on top of the same set of drawers. I find if I put things in drawers where I can't see them then I don't use them. Plus I like admiring my hairtoys and choosing which one to wear :)

Long_hair_bear
July 2nd, 2012, 07:07 PM
I store mine in nativwoman organizers:

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/18e4b147.jpg

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/e68ac8dc.jpg

Loveisaverb
July 2nd, 2012, 07:09 PM
I have a little miniature bookshelf in my room, which I use the second shelf for all my hair supplies, but lately some of my books have been taking up space as well as my hair supplements. Then I just put stuff I might need quickly like some hair elastic and scrunchies in a small plastic bin on my stand. :D

Loveisaverb
July 2nd, 2012, 07:16 PM
I store mine in nativwoman organizers:

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/18e4b147.jpg

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/e68ac8dc.jpg

Oohhh wow, that looks beyond awesome! It sort of reminds me of someone who pulls out something like that but instead you get all sorts of weapons and such.

But I guess in your case you would just pull out your hairsticks and no one would dare mess with you.

bed_head
September 5th, 2015, 05:53 PM
So I put this up today... Not sure if I love it, but it certainly does help keep everything in one place! Now if only I could find my other ficcares and stuff...

http://I.imgur.com/aAnL1fb.jpg

Fericera
September 5th, 2015, 06:16 PM
I like it bed_head. It makes me think of a shrine to hair of sorts.

Laughter
September 5th, 2015, 07:49 PM
I have a mini-chest of plastic drawers that fits in the bathroom cabinet. I got it at Walmart for about ten dollars. :) I love it, because it gives me just enough space for everything, and every drawer has a different type of hair toy stored in it. The only things that don't fit are my brushes, combs, and scrunchies, so I have those in a small basket next to the drawers, but that makes them especially easy to grab, which works well for me.

Groovy Granny
September 5th, 2015, 08:53 PM
In a small dresser drawer I have a wicker silverware tray that holds all my forks, barrettes and claws, and some Glad snap lid containers that hold all my hair ties, scrunchies, and headbands.

Then I have another stand up wicker silverware basket covered by a silk scarf to hold my forks, sticks, flexis, fakkares and ficcares.

ETA June 2018: as my collection grew I added some clear cocktail glasses to hold/show off my acrylic; the glad containers were swapped out with zip bags, and the scarf was tied around the wicker basket to hold ficcares and claws

embee
September 6th, 2015, 08:05 AM
I keep sticks and forks in a mug I liked that the handle broke off of. Still have a few old "bow barrettes" and they're in a basket on a shelf in the bathroom and I hardly ever use them but they cannot easily be replaced nowadays plus they go so very well with my clothing. Brush and comb, used daily, are on a shelf in bathroom. Small box has various other bits - wire hairpins, spin pins, elastics.... hardly ever use them either. Sounds like a lot of storage places, mostly for things I don't generally use. Hmmm. Maybe I can consolidate some of that seldom used stuff into one container - or even pass some on to the thrift shop.

Johannah
September 6th, 2015, 08:11 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2a5lvls.jpg

I have *way* more hairtoys now but they fit in as well. I use the two bags (at the bottom) for shampoo, conditioner and combs :)

lapushka
September 6th, 2015, 09:07 AM
I keep my combs and a brush in a long small rectangular plastic box (no lid).

yahirwaO.o
September 6th, 2015, 09:18 PM
I seriously need a box or something, because my brushes and combs are all stored on my clothes gabinet (clean T shirts) and Im pretty minimalist with hair toys (my hair ties, two headbands, bobby pins and my only fancy toy a hair leather slide barette are all in small gabitnet of my bandanas and cardigans) :p

Starchild494
June 25th, 2018, 07:51 PM
https://i.imgur.com/BAs0r7b.jpg
I keep mine in this antique copper beer Stein. No clue where I got it! Before it used to house my makeup brushes.

MusicalSpoons
June 26th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Cool thread; I like the idea of it including all hair stuff.

Hair toys are in a plastic box on top of my chest of drawers. Or when I take the stick/fork out at night, it usually goes onto my desk or windowsill and then I clear away weekly. (I don't own anything expensive except an acetate Ficcare from the swap board, otherwise I'd be a bit more careful.)
Hairties and random clips that I almost never use are in a cardboard teabag box in a tower of storage drawers
Oils and other leftovers from my initial experimentation phase are in the same storage tower, different drawer
Comb lives between my desk and my bed - in the morning I have to wait a few minutes between sitting and standing otherwise I just collapse back onto the bed, so having the comb within arm's reach means I can use that orientation time for something actively productive!
Hairbrush lives stored away under my bed (I no longer use it), and BBB lives in or on top of its own box

I feel like such a disorganised longhair! I do know where everything is though :laugh:

AutobotsAttack
June 26th, 2018, 02:33 PM
I keep all my combs, brushes, toys, products, and anything else hair related In a shelf thingy. And I keep my hats, headscarf and headbands on hooks right above it. And I keep my makeup in the pink bag. I don’t wear makeup often, so i have a lot of it, and I often can’t remember where I put half of the things that go in my makeup bag.

https://i.imgflip.com/2cxqzq.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/2cxqzq)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)