PDA

View Full Version : Aubrey Organics for CO wash made hair sticky and greasy :(

Indigostreams
June 29th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I just used Aubrey Organics conditioner for CO wash, and that's what happened. Has this happened to anyone else? No other conditioners have done this to my hair before.

CurlyCurves
June 30th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Unfortunately, AO does nothing positive for me :(

rock007junkie
June 30th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Those conditioners (at least the honeysuckle rose) are very thick so I wouldn't use them to cowash. Runny, lighter conditioners are better for this.

ratgirldjh
June 30th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I used to use the AOHR (old formula) diluted with water for CO washing sometimes. It worked well for me and was pretty much the only conditioner that didn't make my hair fall out if it got on my scalp.

However it was so hard to rinse totally out of my hair and I went through so much time and water and hair manipulation to do it to good effect - that I decided it was too much to use for me even though it made lots of bubbles and seemed to clean well - provided I could get it to rinse out completely which means for me: no more bubbles coming out of my hair.

I have no idea about the newer formulas or any other of the AO conditioners - just saying it worked well for me but required a LOT of rinsing especially when not diluted - diluting it made it a little easier but not much...

It was my go to for a brief period when I had over oiled my hair and it would always get the oil out. It just took forever to rinse the conditioner out of my hair!!!