PDA

View Full Version : Hair in Pop Culture

MestizoGypsy
June 28th, 2012, 11:55 PM
I don't know if I put this in the right forum, and hopefully the powers that be can fix that if it's the case.

Anyway, I was wondering what some of your favorite movies/books/songs/even quotes are where long hair plays a central role! Obviously "Tangled" comes to mind, but it was the only thing I could think of. I'm sure those of you who've been on LHC longer than me can think of more!

IvanaGil
June 28th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Lord of the Rings....long hair galore! Also, a movie that, for some reason, I can't get in the U.S., even online, is Of Love and Other Demons. It's based on a book and the girl has some seriously gorgeous calf length hair.
Not really "Pop-culture" but they're popular now, so... :shrug:

blond_betty
June 29th, 2012, 12:30 AM
She-Ra. :) And later, Sailor Moon.:o Not really sure if it was the blond hair or not, but I always remember thinking, "Yeah, I could totally make that work." :p

MintChocChip
June 29th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Similarily to LOTR, there's a British tv program called Merlin where there's a lot of long hair going on! In particular a character called Morgana has the most amazing long hair (and apparently it's all her own hair! I say that only because I think some of the other actors might have had to use extensions and wigs etc.)

Every time Morgana used to come on the screen (particularly in the first series) I just used to drool over her hair. :D