PDA

View Full Version : Almost there!

IvanaGil
June 28th, 2012, 11:54 PM
So I finally got a length shot taken today and I was so happy to see that I'm almost reaching classic. My hair grows ridiculously slow, so I'll probably be full-classic by December. Then I'm off to my goal: mid-thigh.
Please excuse the wispy sides of my hair as they are annoying bangs I used to have that refuse to grow more than 2 inches a year (at least it feels that way :( )

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3420/17912322513519403631037.jpg

What's your goal?

Vanille_
June 28th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Are these braid waves? You hair is beautiful. I'm at waist and don't have a concrete goal.

starry
June 29th, 2012, 12:00 AM
amazing :) mine's tailbone,virgin

IvanaGil
June 29th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Are this bread waves? You hair is beautiful. I'm at waist and don't have a concrete goal.

Thank you! No, these are my natural waves...unfortunately lol I wish I had spiral curls. Having no concrete goal must be nice...and very stress-free :)

christyrose
June 29th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Beautiful! Love your hair!! Congrats on getting to your goal!

IvanaGil
June 29th, 2012, 12:02 AM
amazing :) mine's tailbone,virgin

Whoops. I totally mis-read your post haha. That's awesome. I love virgin hair, being a virgin head (hehe) myself. Tailbone is probably my favorite length on anyone, but I need to reach mid-thigh just to see how I like it.

IvanaGil
June 29th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Beautiful! Love your hair!! Congrats on getting to your goal!

Thank you! :D

akilina
June 29th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Wow looks great :D

spirals
June 29th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Wow--love the color. I have spirals, but at that length they would straighten out to wavy. Layers help with that. Long hair doesn't necessarily need to be blunt-cut.

IvanaGil
June 29th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Wow--love the color. I have spirals, but at that length they would straighten out to wavy. Layers help with that. Long hair doesn't necessarily need to be blunt-cut.

True, but I love blunt cuts haha if only all of my little desires could mesh up: mid-thigh length blunt cut spiral curls :pray:

meishkamooshka
June 29th, 2012, 12:36 AM
*commence drooling and beautiful hair induced coma*
Your hair is just..... :agape:

My goal is Classic, but once I reach Classic I will probably want to go to knee...and then ankle...lol. Basically, it's going to end up terminal. Yup!

IvanaGil
June 29th, 2012, 12:45 AM
*commence drooling and beautiful hair induced coma*
Your hair is just..... :agape:

My goal is Classic, but once I reach Classic I will probably want to go to knee...and then ankle...lol. Basically, it's going to end up terminal. Yup!

Aww thank you! I'm in love with all of your heat-free curling results. It's actually because you mentioned in the heat-free thread that I decided to try the cocoon curls and they worked like 50x better than rag curls on me :D
My first goal was tbl, then classic, now mid-thigh and I'm convinced that I won't want knee length, but who knows? Ankle seems soooo far. I feel like I'd reach ankle when I'm in my 50's lol.
Btw, YOUR hair is amazing :)

blond_betty
June 29th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Very beautiful!

I'm not sure what my goal is yet; sometimes I think just getting to classic would be cool, but then I get to thinking a classic BRAID would be even better! :D I can't decide...:shrug:

IvanaGil
June 29th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Very beautiful!

I'm not sure what my goal is yet; sometimes I think just getting to classic would be cool, but then I get to thinking a classic BRAID would be even better! :D I can't decide...:shrug:

YES! This is one of my biggest motivations: braids! I want a classic length braid too, which means I'll have to reach mid-thigh, maybe longer.

Nedertane
June 29th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Gracious you have lovely locks! I love your waves!

owlathena
June 29th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Wow! Stunning!

Loreley
June 29th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! I love the color and it looks very healthy. :)
I reached my goal length, 50", in March and I've been maintaining since then. My final goal is to have virgin hair with thick hemline, that will take years to reach. I'm not sure I will stay at this length. I'll grow to knee length or cut back to classic next year. It depends on my hemline.

SongofLove
June 29th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Wow!! Now that's some lovely hair---looks really lush. My goal is also mid-thigh (same as fingertip length for me)

IvanaGil
June 29th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Gracious you have lovely locks! I love your waves!

Thank you :D

Wow! Stunning!

:o

Your hair is gorgeous! I love the color and it looks very healthy. :)
I reached my goal length, 50", in March and I've been maintaining since then. My final goal is to have virgin hair with thick hemline, that will take years to reach. I'm not sure I will stay at this length. I'll grow to knee length or cut back to classic next year. It depends on my hemline.

50" :applause wow, I've never even dreamt of going that long. I also want a thick hemline :)

AnqeIicDemise
June 29th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Beautiful hair. -instant jealousy-

Ticky
June 29th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Your hair is beautiful!

I don't have a goal anymore, I let it grow or trim it back depending on the level of boredom/mood.

Falcore
June 29th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Oh wow. Stunning stunning STUNNING!

I know what you mean about the fringe growing slow. I am growing mine out (AND face framing layers) and it's taking foreverrrrrrrrr grrr

CurlyMopTop
June 29th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Absolutely gorgeous! I think that it's quite possible that this is what my hair is going to look like at that length! Only not quite as thick. The Henna has loosened the curls an awful lot on me (naturally it's not much curlier/wavier than yours now). Truly inspirational! I can wait to get there, even if it's just to see if I'm right. :D

MintChocChip
June 29th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Gorgeous, gorgeous hair. Your so lucky to have such a nice natural wave in your hair (even though you said you don't like it, I think it's lovely.)

My goal is virgin, waist length hair (maybe more depending on how it looks.)

IvanaGil
June 29th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Beautiful hair. -instant jealousy-

Thanks! ;)

Oh wow. Stunning stunning STUNNING!

I know what you mean about the fringe growing slow. I am growing mine out (AND face framing layers) and it's taking foreverrrrrrrrr grrr

Thank you :D the fringe is killing me :mad:

Absolutely gorgeous! I think that it's quite possible that this is what my hair is going to look like at that length! Only not quite as thick. The Henna has loosened the curls an awful lot on me (naturally it's not much curlier/wavier than yours now). Truly inspirational! I can wait to get there, even if it's just to see if I'm right. :D

Your curls look impeccable. Back when I had a short cut, my hair was more poofy than curly, but probably with the added weight, your hair will be wavy like mine :p

Madora
June 29th, 2012, 06:23 AM
IvanaGil, your hair is right out of a picture book...thick, wavy, and such a glorious color!!

Hoping to reach 50" in another year or so.

spidermom
June 29th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Oh how pretty! Thanks for sharing.

My goal was classic, and I've reached it, then cut back a couple of times. My goal right now is to reduce the number of split ends I get.

LaFlor
June 29th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Your waves are so beautiful! I am so jealous, I can't even get results that pretty with braid waves! :blossom:

My goal changes like every week... to many pretty heads of hair around here.

Lucky_Lucy
June 29th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! Lovely curls, lovely colour and really thick! :D
You'll reach your goal in no time!

I'm not exactly sure what my goal is.
I hope to reach waist by the end of high school. And then maybe maintain at hip for another year or so. And then we'll see.^ ^ Probably classic+.

Zesty
June 29th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Beautiful hair! I love the color, the wave, the length... :D

I'm aiming for tailbone right now, but I'm starting to think I might go on to classic or so after.

BrightEyes
June 29th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Wow, your hair is stunning! I love the waves and the color is just gorgeous, is it your natural color? Your hair is just perfect.

My goal is constantly changing. The shortest I want is BSL, but I am loving the look of WL or a bit longer.

auroraclio
June 29th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Beautiful!!

catamonica
June 29th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Your hair is beautiful! My hair is at hip. I would like to grow my hair to mid thigh to. Bu it grows
slow to. You are so lucky to have natural curl. I just have braid waves. Time will tell to see how
long it grows. How long has it taken to get it that long?

Tia2010
June 29th, 2012, 09:37 AM
WOW! Your hair looks amazing! I love the color and it looks so thick and healthy all the way to the ends!

IvanaGil
June 29th, 2012, 09:53 AM
IvanaGil, your hair is right out of a picture book...thick, wavy, and such a glorious color!!

Hoping to reach 50" in another year or so.

Thank you! 50" would be an absolute dream for me :D

Oh how pretty! Thanks for sharing.

My goal was classic, and I've reached it, then cut back a couple of times. My goal right now is to reduce the number of split ends I get.

I love your hair spidermom. It's so long and I love your color :crush:

Your hair is gorgeous! Lovely curls, lovely colour and really thick! :D
You'll reach your goal in no time!

I'm not exactly sure what my goal is.
I hope to reach waist by the end of high school. And then maybe maintain at hip for another year or so. And then we'll see.^ ^ Probably classic+.

Thank you :D High school is when my hair grew the most!

Wow, your hair is stunning! I love the waves and the color is just gorgeous, is it your natural color? Your hair is just perfect.

My goal is constantly changing. The shortest I want is BSL, but I am loving the look of WL or a bit longer.

Yes, my hair is completely virgin. I'm sure your goal will continue to change as your hair grows :p

Your hair is beautiful! My hair is at hip. I would like to grow my hair to mid thigh to. Bu it grows
slow to. You are so lucky to have natural curl. I just have braid waves. Time will tell to see how
long it grows. How long has it taken to get it that long?

I'm not entirely sure how long it took me, but I think it was about 5-6 years. And thank you!

WOW! Your hair looks amazing! I love the color and it looks so thick and healthy all the way to the ends!

You're so sweet. Thank you. Keeping my ends thick is one of my main goals, so it's so nice to hear. I'm not a fan of fairytale ends lol

lunalocks
June 29th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Beautiful hair! I am a slow grower, too, as I trim to maximize thickness. I have gained a net of 1 inch, 1 INCH ! in the past 6 months. seems I have been stuck just below waist FOREVER. Classic is my ultimate goal, but I will be happy to get to TB. That's about 8 more inches. Patience.

cocolover
June 29th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Beautiful hair!

White Sides
June 29th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Your hair is soo pretty:) I can't wait to see it when it gets even longer:)

jacqueline101
June 29th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Your hair looks lovely congrats on the goal.

IvanaGil
June 29th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Beautiful hair! I am a slow grower, too, as I trim to maximize thickness. I have gained a net of 1 inch, 1 INCH ! in the past 6 months. seems I have been stuck just below waist FOREVER. Classic is my ultimate goal, but I will be happy to get to TB. That's about 8 more inches. Patience.

I know how you feel. I think my hair grows 1/4 to 1/2 an inch a month, but I can never see the progress :( Plus I'm trimming for a thick hemline as well.

Beautiful hair!

Thank you :D

Your hair is soo pretty:) I can't wait to see it when it gets even longer:)

You and me both! :p

Your hair looks lovely congrats on the goal.

Thank you. It's a mini-goal, but I'm getting there! :D