PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins for Hair Growth

KirssyRie
June 28th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I have heard of people using hair skin and nails for promoting hair growth, does anyone use this. Any suggestions or comments?

jacqueline101
June 28th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I use a hair skin and nail vitamin. Its helped my hair growth.

pepperminttea
June 28th, 2012, 08:11 PM
A varied and balanced diet will generally have everything you need. :)

missmelaniem
June 28th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I take Viviscal... I think I have been on it for about 5 months now and see a huge difference.

Its pricey though, and its a minimum year commitment if you want to see results. I also take a good "Green Source" type multivitamin.

KwaveT
June 28th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I am exploring how higer doses of MSM (4000 mg) are going to affect to affect hair growth. I will report later how it affects it but I have been at doses too low to get an effect so far.

GoblinTart
June 28th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I try my best to eat healthy, but take a supplement because I don't always eat as healthy as I should. I use a hair skin nail vitamin that I'm supposed to take 3 times a day. The high doses of biting broke my skin out really bad, so I've reduced my dose to once a day. My skin is much happier. No word on growth though, I don't know hoe fast my hair was growing without it.

jeanniet
June 28th, 2012, 10:10 PM
A varied and balanced diet will generally have everything you need. :)
Agreed. If you are lacking in nutrition to the point where it affects your hair, working on your diet is way more important. There's no pill that can give you the same benefits of a healthy diet.

akilina
June 28th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I take Viviscal... I think I have been on it for about 5 months now and see a huge difference.

Its pricey though, and its a minimum year commitment if you want to see results. I also take a good "Green Source" type multivitamin.
I loved the supplements!! I took them. Since it was so expensive, I didn't take two a day but only one with still great results.
Hmm and yes, my dog ATE a WHOLE package of them!! So I just said forget it, it wasn't worth paying 30 dollars or however much, and I was so pissed that I just gave up on them :P

WildRedRose
September 9th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Viviscal worked for me. I would recommend it if your hair is shedding. I have an excellent diet but am going through a shedding phase, Ive noticed it reduced the hair in the shower drain by about half.