PDA

View Full Version : Anyone NOT wear hair up?

spirals
June 28th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I don't because I get headaches and plus I have a short neck and jaw, so updos are unflattering. I do wear it up when working with food or at home.

luxepiggy
June 28th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I normally leave my hair down. I have a short neck too (^(oo)^)v

dollyfish
June 28th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I have a medium neck, short/squashy jaw that blends into my neck with no demarcated jaw line, and a super round face with a flat back of my head... So yeah, I wear my hair down!

Though it's getting to be at a length where I probably should be at least braiding it to keep it safe... But I just can't stand my face without hair at the sides as a buffer :( Ugh

Ligeia_13
June 28th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Unless there's blistering heat (like now) I always wear mine down.

To hide my dumbo ears :D

akilina
June 28th, 2012, 12:35 PM
My face has become really fat since I gained so much weight so I will not wear my hair up. In the event of losing weight and having a cutsey skinny face, I will wear my hair up alot :]

duchesswannabe
June 28th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I only go so far as to make a low ponytail while doing work where my above-APL hair would get in the way or during the heat. My hair is thick and heavy at this moment in time, and I only put braids up with big claw clips in the shower.

Sama
June 28th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I normally wear my hair down, but I am trying to put it up more often. I get headaches, too, partly because I like my ponytails high and tight, partly because my hair is heavy and partly because my head is tender. But, for my birthday my husband gave me my first hair fork, and I have noticed that bunning my hair and keeping it in place with the fork actually means I can wear my hair up all day without a headache and those hot-spots at the end of the day. :joy:

Pantha
June 28th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I wear my hair up almost all of the time, I would love to wear it down more often but at my length its not really practical particularly as I have a physically demanding job.

DarkCurls
June 28th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I never wear my hair up. It's down 100% of the time. I love it that way; I like feeling the length swishing between my shoulderblades and I like the way my face looks framed by my hair. I'm so bad at wearing my hair up that I joined the challenge to wear your hair up. :p And it's killing me! Today was wash day, and my hair looked so pretty, and I put it up. :( Why do I insist on torturing myself...

spirals
June 28th, 2012, 12:46 PM
At least I won't have to join Hairtoy Lovers Anon. :p

Diamond.Eyes
June 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM
At the length I am at now, wearing it down constantly is not an option unless I want breakage from my hair rubbing against seats or getting caught on things. I wear my hair down 2-3 times a week, if not less.

blaketob
June 28th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Mee I leave it down bc I get too many headaches and I don't know how to braid my hair either so it's usually just down

cobden 28
June 28th, 2012, 12:59 PM
My husband says I look like an old granny when I wear my hair up!

I compromise with a topknot (OH's favourite), or usually a ponytail. When I'm having a bad day healthwise and don't have the use of my left hand, I have to use an Alice band and wear my hair down.

ScarletRose
June 28th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I always wear my hair down. I like to show it off and I like the way it looks (it's been years since it's been this length lol). But it's only at BSL right now, so I'm sure when it gets longer I'll wear it up more. The only times I really wear it up is when I'm hot or when I'm going to bed.

spirals
June 28th, 2012, 01:01 PM
alice band =headband?

ScarletRose
June 28th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I also dislike wearing it up because of headaches and because I always get those stray hairs that pull and it hurts :headache:

Tisiloves
June 28th, 2012, 01:07 PM
alice band =headband?

Yes, specifically the wider ones, a la Alice in Wonderland.

JellyBene
June 28th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I weae it half and half, every other day :)

winteriscoming
June 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I almost always wear mine down. Sometimes I'll do a fancier braid or bun, but most of the time if I'm in public then it's staying down.

arcane
June 28th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I used to wear it down all the time. Now, even though it's shorter I wear it up for a good part of the day. My hair doesn't like to be contained so typically I have about 3 different hair dos by the end of the day and it's down at least for a few hours. I used to not like not having hair to hide behind but i ve been working on my self confidence and am not so insecure about my jawline anymore.

Dovetail
June 28th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I'm totally a down hair girl. I do try to wear it up at work since I have a collar shirt and vest so I worry about my hair chaffing on it and getting damaged around my nape. You'll notice nearly all of my updo pictures are taken at my work :p I think if I could do all the neat French braids and double flip right twist knicker kick updos that people pull off (aka really fancy) I'd wear my hair up more often.

missmelaniem
June 28th, 2012, 02:40 PM
The only time I dont wear my hair down is when I am doing cardio or certain weight lifting moves at the gym or when I am at home. Oh and during sweltering heat I'll clip it up for brief periods of time but then the clip starts to bug my head

luxepiggy
June 28th, 2012, 02:41 PM
At the length I am at now, wearing it down constantly is not an option unless I want breakage from my hair rubbing against seats or getting caught on things. I wear my hair down 2-3 times a week, if not less.

It's all a matter of bringing it in front of one shoulder before you sit down (^(oo)~)

jojo
June 28th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I normally wear it down in the house but it's getting too long now to wear down outside. The area I live in is always quite windy so wearing it down would result in a nest of tangles so no real option and I'm queen of the long necks!

Carissamarie08
June 28th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I always wear my hair down. The only time I wear my hair up is at work because I'm in the military and have to.

faellen
June 28th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I only wear my hair down when it's clean, so, after washing it. It goes up for consecutive days until I wash it again, because it just gets too greasy at the roots. :(

Generally love wearing it down though. But when I start my nurse training I'll have to wear it up most of the time.

catamonica
June 28th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I only wear hair down on shampoo day. Low braided buns are really comfortable. That's the only kind I wear.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 1st, 2012, 04:58 PM
I love to wear my hair down but only do it at home inside, we live in a windy area. I have to wear it up and covered for work, being a baker. Now that it's past that Icky length when you can't do anything with it I am enjoying learning nice updos from here and Youtube. But when I get home at the end of the day its down with the hair and yay for a nice massage from the hairbrush.

jeanniet
July 1st, 2012, 05:11 PM
If I wore my hair down all the time, I'd have to cut it off. It tangles too easily, and with the wind here, that's not a good combination. I wear it down at home inside, but outdoors it's always up.

ladylowtide
July 1st, 2012, 05:15 PM
I don't like wearing up because my hair doesn't like changing directions. But I do like it secured otherwise it would be in my face.

blondebazinga
July 1st, 2012, 05:16 PM
I almost never wear my hair up, the only time its up is when I am horseback riding, playing tennis, or doing an oiling/deep treatment. If it is clean and im not working out its always down. I feel whats the point in being so passionate about growing and never show it of.

Vanille_
July 1st, 2012, 05:19 PM
I envy anyone who regularly wears their hair down. I can't stand wearing my down. A real shame since it is looking kinda nice. I just don't like the feeling of it on my neck or wearing it down in the heat.

Firefly
July 1st, 2012, 05:25 PM
I wear mine mostly down; I love the feel of it long and loose. I think updo's are flattering as well, and wear them sometimes.

Addy
July 1st, 2012, 07:00 PM
I'm in between on this. Updos don't cause me pain but I love to wear mine up and down. I washed it yesterday and I was going to do an updo and left it all hang out at work. Today, I left it air dry outside and did a low braid and bunned it for work. I may or may not take it down later but I sleep with it loose and if I'm not doing anything around the house or outside, I will leave it loose.

I will, however, always put it up when I ride the motorcycle or ride in the car because that just drives me mad having hair hit me and hubby in the face! And the motorcycle just tortures my loose hair into massive knots that no one should ever have to comb out! :scared:

Hollyfire3
July 1st, 2012, 07:14 PM
how do you wear your hair while horseback riding? I normally do a low braid, but it makes me head so hot with all the hair still under the helmet!

owlathena
July 1st, 2012, 09:18 PM
I used to not wear it up at all, but recently I've been wearing it braided about half the time

sharonluvscats
July 1st, 2012, 09:56 PM
I envy anyone who regularly wears their hair down. I can't stand wearing my down. A real shame since it is looking kinda nice. I just don't like the feeling of it on my neck or wearing it down in the heat.

I feel the same way. I hate how it feels like my hair is touching the back of my neck especially in the heat. You're hair look more than kinda nice. What a beautiful cat too!

MestizoGypsy
July 1st, 2012, 09:58 PM
I always wear it down, except when I'm working, working out, or out working/riding horses. I feel like the point of growing it out is enjoying the beautiful length! But I do need to work on not heat styling it in order to wear it down.

petali
July 1st, 2012, 10:00 PM
Unless there's blistering heat (like now) I always wear mine down.

To hide my dumbo ears :D

I also wear my hair down for my ears. They are so weird in braids and ponytails.

CurlyCap
July 1st, 2012, 10:59 PM
I usually wear mine down. It actually takes MORE work and is more damaging to try and restrain my hair on a regular basis. Even my updos tend to work with what my hair wants to do instead of against it.

Then again. My hair is relatively short and I don't see any damage in wearing it out all the time. We'll see as it gets longer.

jojo
July 1st, 2012, 11:15 PM
alice band =headband?

Yeah it's what us in the UK call them, as in Alice of wonderland!

jojo
July 1st, 2012, 11:19 PM
I only wear my hair down when it's clean, so, after washing it. It goes up for consecutive days until I wash it again, because it just gets too greasy at the roots. :(

Generally love wearing it down though. But when I start my nurse training I'll have to wear it up most of the time.

You will have to wear it up all of the time whilst on placements. Good luck with your training, I'm a RNA myself!

Moonshine*
July 1st, 2012, 11:59 PM
I LOVE my hair down! I also enjoy hats so I like the look of hair down. I have a long/medium neck I guess and I also like some high updos, especially because I know that wearing my fine-to-medium hair up is a healthy choice;) it protects my hair... But I cannot resist it! I love feeling my hair soft and loose blowing in wind heheh.

anitacs9101
July 2nd, 2012, 09:00 AM
I don't usually. My hair is too short and thick to work well with hair sticks and the only buns I know how to do with my hair are cinnabuns and chinese buns and the latter looks a bit odd since I have layers and hairs stick out xD My layers make most updos and braids look weird, hopefully I can get rid of them soon by either trims or cutting them all off when I get the courage xD

bratz81
July 2nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
I used to wear it down all the time but I'm about half and half now. I wear it up for working out or if I'm cleaning around the house so it isn't in the way.

I now wash every other day instead of every day so the second day I generally have to wear it up as it doesn't look as good down, and I wear it down just after washing or at weekends etc.

Lostsoule77
July 2nd, 2012, 10:33 AM
I generally wear it down on wash day, so once a week. If I can do it, depending on how it looks, I'll do it second day too. I always wear it down, or at least in a half-up, for formal events. ;) I always think it's funny how most people do the opposite.

spirals
July 2nd, 2012, 08:49 PM
Good second-day hair is hard to achieve with curly hair. I can get ok results with homemade glycerin spray.