PDA

View Full Version : Leave-in Conditioner

Indigostreams
June 28th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Simple question: Can you use regular conditioner as a leave-in conditioner? And Does anyone here do this?

kitschy
June 28th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I use regular conditioner as leave-in. Most Curlies do.

meteor
June 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Yes, I do that a lot. I have noticed a long time ago that leave-in and rinse-out conditioners often have the same ingredients (leave-ins just seem a bit more diluted).
However, I think it is probably very important to check the ingredients first, because rinse-out conditioners tend to contain surfactants (weaker than in shampoos, but still), and I think it's not very good to leave that stuff in hair for too long.

afu
June 28th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Yes they can be used as leave ins - many many LHCers do this :) I can put huge amounts of conditioner in my hair without it looking greasy and it's great for curls. Just make sure it is SLS free, most are but you get the odd few with harsh surfacants

moon2dove
June 28th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I use regular conditioner as a leave in too!

DarkCurls
June 28th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Yeah. I CO-wash, and when I've rinsed it I re-apply the exact same conditioner as a leave-in, even though it's not meant to be a leave-in. :p Works fine for me.

Aredhel77
June 28th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Sorry, double-post.

Aredhel77
June 28th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Yes you can. You probably won't need to use as much for a leave-in as you normally would when conditioning your hair after a wash. Start with a fingerful and add more if you need to until you work out the amount that's right for you.

Diamond.Eyes
June 28th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I prefer conditioners from the 'Aubrey Organics' line for my leave-in. I find that they don't cause as much build-up as some of the other conditioners I've tried to use as a leave-in.

LaFlor
June 28th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I've been using a little bit of Suave conditioner as a leave in after I wash. I only apply a very small dab though since it is not diluted.

I've heard of other people diluting the conditioner in a spray bottle before.

lapushka
June 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Mine's simply not rinsed out too much the second time it's applied, so yes it's left in a bit. Nothing wrong with it, IMO.

FrannyG
June 28th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Yes, absolutely. After I remove my hair towel after a shower, I always put a dab of conditioner through bottom half of my hair. It seems to be protective, and also prevents me from having tangly ends, which my fine hair is prone to. I certainly notice an unhappy difference if I don't do that.

jacqueline101
June 28th, 2012, 02:52 PM
You can use regular conditioner as a leave in.

Indigostreams
June 28th, 2012, 06:57 PM
OK, great! Thanks, I'll try it. I'm trying to minimize my current selection of products. I have too much stuff going on in the shower/on my dresser right now.

Natalia
June 28th, 2012, 07:55 PM
yup i do just beware that some sneaky buggers add sulphates to their condish which i would not advise leaving in but that is rare. i personally use aubreys but i have some natures gate and trader joes condish i plan to try.

carrieavaught
June 28th, 2012, 08:00 PM
I do with my daughters because they are big sissys and don't like their head under the water longer than needed. So just a shampoo get out and leave in.