PDA

View Full Version : Need of help 2 months till my wedding hair is a mess

momoftwo708
June 28th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Hi everyone I'm new here, been reading this site about a week now
My hair became so damamge but dying it, and never having trims the past 2 years
I had long hair most of my life the past two years my hair been wsl
And crumbled up to bsl then I got fed up w my hair on top being thicker and damage hair I cut to apl last month my hair was healthy again, but now isn't
My hair somehow my front layers got shorter and underneath seems way shorter so I have a few long strands and my hair looks

momoftwo708
June 28th, 2012, 09:59 AM
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/ir6qut.jpg[/

Kaelee
June 28th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I think if you're just worried about your wedding day, salons are great at working one-day magic. If you're interested in longer term hair care, there is a ton of information here.

I think your hair doesn't look that bad at all though. I would have it trimmed up and it looks pretty good. :)

Tisiloves
June 28th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I would just baby it like you have been doing, read around and have faith. A good updo hides a multitude of sins.

spidermom
June 28th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I would not wait until the week before the wedding to have your hair dyed. There are risks, and I'm sure you don't want to be photographed with hair some weird color or frazzled from dye gone wrong.

Regular trims with sharp scissors are - to me - an important component of good care. It will not make your hair break off even more.

heidi w.
June 28th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I don't know if you don't speak English well, or don't write well. I can't tell, but understanding your post is extremely difficult for me because I couldn't really follow a given idea since you switch the subject so fast.

At any rate, your photo in your signature photo doesn't look anything like your post suggests.

For a wedding updo or style, I'd consider going to a professional that knows how to prepare your look for the day and for photos.

After that, to straighten out your hair issues, I just can't understand the difficulty. But you are doing stuff to your hair that longhaired folks don't do. We use almost no heat, the longer the hair is, we wear it up. We wash our hair a certain way; we condition our hair with quality conditioners and many rely on oils to help them. These are all discoverable how-to's as you continue to be a member here. There's a lot to know, and there's no quick solution. Healthy hair is an exercise in patience, as is the having longer hair. The first thing you need to know is how hair grows, as a backdrop to the why we do things the way we do them. Trimming is not your problem. You have fallacial thinking equating trouble with your hair as a result of a trim. There is something you're doing that you don't realize is causing the problem.

If you can somehow write more clearly, I might be able to help you. Unfortunately I can't make heads nor tails out of your post.

Sorry.

Congratulations on joining and your impending nuptials.
heidi w.

Bunnysaur
June 28th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I agree with heidi, your post is extremely confusing.
From what I can gather, it sounds like your hair is extremely fragile and brittle? This can be helped with conditioning, oils, and eliminating heat tools. Honestly, in your pics, I think your hair looks pretty fried. Bleach and heat do not an awesome head of hair make, and if you want to have any chance of rescuing your hair before September you're going to have to stop dying and baby it a little more.
If you want to stop dying it for good, you should stop now, instead of dying it your natural color first. That's just more damage that your hair will have to take and it might not take to it too well.
Congrats on your wedding!

Alvrodul
June 28th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I, too, have trouble understanding your post.
I would guess that your hair is damaged from heat and chemicals, and there is no quick fix for this. As Heidi w. says, growing healthy hair is an exercise in patience.
We can't point you to some magical formula that will provide you with healthy hair for your wedding - what we can do, is suggest methods for handling your hair that can prevent further damage - and maybe - to an extent - help you camouflage existing damage.
For your wedding hair, I,too, would recommend that you make an appointment with a skilled professional. She should be able to make your hair look great for the wedding.

momoftwo708
June 28th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Hi, sorry my post didnt make any sense, trying to type while dealing with my two toddlers, sorry!
Question is has anyone ever expereince bad breakage, and will at home treatments for my hair work towards getting back to normal.
I do have a hair stylist she will be doing a hair trail next month. I just regret what I have done to my hair but I am hoping everything I am doing, biotin vitamins & at home hair masks and also monistat will help it grow, this thread is giving me tons of info, I will deff not make the same mistake again

Alvrodul
June 28th, 2012, 06:21 PM
This article (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=79) should give you an understanding of damaged hair, and some tips for rehabilitating. But understand that the only way to get healthy hair, is to grow out and trim away the damaged parts.

arcane
June 28th, 2012, 06:33 PM
I had damage like you described. My ends started to crumble so I went and got it cut above the damage. Both I and the hairdresser agreed that I had to go fro waist length to shoulder length to get rid of my damage. I suspect, if you are still experienceing crumbling that you did not get rid of all the damage. I know most women do not want shorter hair for their wedding, but perhaps clip in extensions may help you achieve a style you love.

I know cut it isnt probably what you want to hear, but I did everything I could to save my hair but at a certain point, like when it's literally crumbling, there isn't much you can do. Damage can travel up the hair shaft if it is not cut off. Other than that I suggest wearing your hair in protective styles, quit heat styling and dyeing it, and experienment with deep conditioning treatments and oils and even protein treatments.

momoftwo708
June 28th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I actually don't have Many split ends since the cut last month
My hair is just very uneven the longest pieces are up to my bra strap. I'm pretty sure my updo will be fine, my hair stylist told me she done girls with shoulder length and it all works out. I am hoping by Christmas my hair is back to normal. I am done with the flat iron I packed it away.

swearnsue
June 28th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I suggest that you don't try too many home remedies right now because you don't have time to fix years of damage anyway. This isn't the time to try to learn and experiment right before your big day. Treat your hair very gently, shampoo with gentle shampoo and use a conditioner and comb out very gently. In other words just keep what you have and let your hairdresser make your hair look good for the wedding. It will look great. After your wedding you will have time to make adjustments in your haircare, trims if needed, etc. For now try to enjoy your wedding.

Vanilla
June 28th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I wore extensions on my wedding day, and they blended in and looked fine. My hair was originally going to be up, so my hair was shorter, and hubby requested that I have it down.

I did a few deep conditioning treatments the week before the big day, and it was fine.

jacqueline101
June 28th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I had some difficulty on this one. Let's see the signature picture isn't bad a trim could help maybe an up do. I wouldn't dye it the color it is looks fine if you do have scalp issues it could make it worse.

Shermie Girl
June 28th, 2012, 08:17 PM
There are ways to nurse along damaged hair as it grows and you can trim away the damage. Protein is helpful to strengthen weak, damaged hair, cones give slip and make wet comb out easier, temporarily glue split ends down and add shine and smoothness. Oils give shine, slip and seal in moisture and in the case of coconut oil, can actually penetrate the hair and help to moisturize from the inside out. Gentle products, wet bunning, lots of treatments and avoiding heat will go a long way to improving the overall condition and appearance of your hair as you grow it out and trim away the damage.

If your hair is breaking off, it is damaged beyond the ability to rehab it and if you trim it away, your hair will look and feel better, overall. I know that it is tough to just cut, cut, cut but in the end, it is worth it. :)

momoftwo708
June 28th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I'm gonna try to upload another pic of my hair I don't know how to type my hair so my info isn't right, thanks for the advice my mom tells me my hair isn't short and to stop stressing that it looks way better than it did with all the dead ends and such. Where can I get coconut oil I never used that I do have a product that contains some coconut oil but it's for styling

starry
June 28th, 2012, 09:12 PM
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59075602/12-oz-extra-virgin-unrefined-pure this is the one Im going to get- is very cheap and high quality (apparently)

momoftwo708
June 28th, 2012, 09:34 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/oiw4s0.png