PDA

View Full Version : Does it makes sense to co-wash, if you have 1cm of hair?

natural80
June 28th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I've been sporting a short style for the past couple of months and was somewhat interested in the CG method. I've been having issues with my scalp, so the only thing that works is H&S. Should I even consider co-washing with a scalp condition? Also, if I co-wash the conditioner will get to my scalp because I barely have any hair.

Kiwiwi
June 28th, 2012, 09:24 AM
It does make sense, why not? :)
If it gets your hair clean and you experience no bad things, I say go for it!
It could very well help your scalp condition but not every scalp condition is the same and not every individual scalp is the same. So for that I can only say; try it out and see what it does. That's the only way to find out wht it does for you.
You can also be a part time CO'er :) Say 3 washes with your conditioner and then one wash with your H&S, like once a week or depending how often you wash.

It would def. help your curls! :)

I would CO if I didn't get the itchy scalp problem. So I now use a mild (no harsh sulfates) shampoo with tea tree oil in it. Really helps with my itchies!

EndlessSunshine
June 28th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Yep, you can oil your hair/scalp and keep it healthy anyway you can. My husband has a short buzz cut and he Co washes his scalp because it tend to get oily and flaky if he washes. I even massage his scalp to help stimulate it and it is relaxing. Lucky for him I switched from Strawberries and Cream to Kiwi Lime! Not a manly scent that strawberry stuff....

natural80
June 28th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I have the V05 kiwi lime also and giovanni triple treat conditioner. Thanks, ladies. :)

Henrietta
July 2nd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Sure! Who said it's just for hair and just for people with long hair? ;) I've seen many statements about how CO improved people's scalp, not only hair. And this 1cm of hair will be happy, too! ;)

ravenreed
July 2nd, 2012, 02:54 PM
I CO for my scalp more than my hair. My ends LOVE regular SLS shampoos, but my scalp goes nuts if I use them. So yes, I think you can try CO'ing just for you scalp.

spidermom
July 2nd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Personally, I wouldn't CO. My scalp is not dry and does not need conditioner. I don't know about yours.

I would, however, dilute the shampoo. It's much more concentrated than you need.

SerinaDaith
July 2nd, 2012, 04:49 PM
When my hair was 1/4 inch I would still wash it for scalp care I didn't know anything about oil at that point but I would take a tiny little bit of conditioner and use it as a leave in to kind of direct where it was going to go when it dried.