PDA

View Full Version : Having a bad hair day

firegypsy
June 28th, 2012, 07:08 AM
It's looking stringy, flat, not shiny, icky and it's not cooperating. I've now tried 4 different hair styles that have all failed, and the handling is making it look worse. I'm cranky and it's days like this that end with me making a hair decision that I'll regret.

I know I can't be the only one-anyone want to commiserate so I feel less lonely?

And just so it's not all doom and gloom, I rarely have days like this. I should just throw it up in a fork and be done with it (which I can do, I'm just being ultra stubborn.) I just had a rough night last night and I think this is residual.

Tisiloves
June 28th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Today is not too bad, but yesterday my hair spat out 5 hairstyles in a row. I ended up having to pony it. Never mind It'll be better tomorrow.

FrannyG
June 28th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I don't think anyone is immune to bad hair days. There are so many variables, such as not using enough conditoner, or using a lot, but not rinsing it for long enough.

I know what you mean about days like this causing you to make decisions that you may regret, because I've done it so many times in my life.

The best thing I've learned at LHC is the 2 Week Rule. That has saved me more times than I can count.

If not for that, I'd probably be still at 19 inches or shorter. I'm not kidding.

It's really good to have an emergency hairstyle in place for days like this.

I hope that it's all better tomorrow. :blossom:

Mya
June 28th, 2012, 08:46 AM
It's looking stringy, flat, not shiny, icky and it's not cooperating. I've now tried 4 different hair styles that have all failed, and the handling is making it look worse. I'm cranky and it's days like this that end with me making a hair decision that I'll regret.

I know I can't be the only one-anyone want to commiserate so I feel less lonely?

And just so it's not all doom and gloom, I rarely have days like this. I should just throw it up in a fork and be done with it (which I can do, I'm just being ultra stubborn.) I just had a rough night last night and I think this is residual.
Today is a bad hair day for me too. I let them dry into curls (made with fabric) overnight, the result is that those curls don't feel like they're mine. I too have tried several hairstyles and failed. I tried some pricey coconut oil bought yesterday, only to find out it makes my hair greasy. I'm going to wash my hair again after today's workout, otherwise I feel ashamed to step out of home.

Bad hair day support hug --> :grouphug:

CarpeDM
June 28th, 2012, 08:51 AM
I feel ya! Yesterday I had such a bad hair day. I must have tried to put it up 25 times and it would not cooperate! Then I left it down and it kept getting caught and pulled and then I tried to put it up again and everything flopped again and then I just gave up, slathered coconut oil on it double braided it and went to bed! GAH! I hate miserable hair days!!

Hollyfire3
June 28th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Yesterday, I broke a chopstick trying to put my hair up, it was not shinny at all, it felt dry and wouldn't stay up, ick! I have to say though, these types of bad hair days are a big relief from the my hair will never curl it is straight and dried out and dead unless perfectly balanced which never happened days I used to have for months straight before I found a shampoo and conditioner that balanced protein and moisture for my poor heat damaged hair. Those bad hair days were the WORST for me because my hair hardly felt like my own. So to the OP and all who have are having bad hair days, hugs to you!

firegypsy
June 28th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Thank you all. I'm excessively hormonal right now, I was robbed of my much anticipated pizza last night and tomorrow is my birthday. I feel like today should be handed to me on a silver platter. Alas, that is not the case thus far.

Tisiloves
June 28th, 2012, 09:46 AM
People should know better than to deny hormonal women food.

firegypsy
June 28th, 2012, 09:52 AM
for reals.

Tota
June 28th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I have a bad hair month. I'm on CO routine and I'm trying to use up this one conditioner that really sucks and makes my hair stringy and tangly etc. But I didn't think it was that bad until I went outside today and saw how crunchy and dry my ends are. Just bleh :(

So I just clarified the hell out of my hair and used some other conditioner. I hope it helps. I will use the one that almost suffocated my hair to shave my legs with. It can freely suffocate my leg hairs - couldn't care less about those ;)

Tisiloves
June 28th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I have a bad hair month. I'm on CO routine and I'm trying to use up this one conditioner that really sucks and makes my hair stringy and tangly etc. But I didn't think it was that bad until I went outside today and saw how crunchy and dry my ends are. Just bleh :(

So I just clarified the hell out of my hair and used some other conditioner. I hope it helps. I will use the one that almost suffocated my hair to shave my legs with. It can freely suffocate my leg hairs - couldn't care less about those ;)

I always hope the when I use bad conditioner on my legs it will somehow slow regrowth.

Tota
June 28th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I always hope the when I use bad conditioner on my legs it will somehow slow regrowth.
That would actually be amazing :D

Tia2010
June 28th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Well yesterday I was going to wash my hair and have a relaxing day off...didn't happen..went to work for some 'must do now meetings' :rolleyes: came home washed my hair and went to bed with wetish hair...and today...No..just no.

My hair wont lay right! The waves are big on one side and flat on the other and it just has an overall crazy look to it. So I braided it and am avoiding mirrors for today :D

Elanadi
June 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Thank you all. I'm excessively hormonal right now, I was robbed of my much anticipated pizza last night and tomorrow is my birthday. I feel like today should be handed to me on a silver platter. Alas, that is not the case thus far.

haha, nothing makes me crabbier than not getting anticpated food, I'm with you on that! :)

As for bad hair days, I put mine up in a not-so neat equilibrium bun and just forget about it for the rest of the day. It's just one day out of many, don't let it get you down. *hugs*