PDA

View Full Version : hair length based on arms vs full body

MandyBeth
June 27th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I always hear how fingertip is mid thigh and elbow is waist. I know I'm extremely short waisted and while I'm short, I'm very leggy.

But, elbow on me is bottom bra strap and fingertip is classic. Mid thigh is another 4-5".

Anyone else short armmed?

saffy2yrs
June 27th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Definately! Fingertip is just slightly past classic ~ maybe an inch, but with shorter limbs comes a shorter time from classic to knee! :D

Tisiloves
June 27th, 2012, 11:33 PM
I have the opposite, elbow on me is hip and fingertip is a little longer than mid-thigh.

luxepiggy
June 27th, 2012, 11:53 PM
I've got it reversed! Elbow for me is at hip level, and fingertip is definitely past mid-thigh and well on its way to knee (>(oo)<)`

jeanniet
June 28th, 2012, 12:37 AM
I must have gorilla arms, because I'm fairly short-waisted and elbow is almost hip and fingertip is past thigh! :D

carrieavaught
June 28th, 2012, 12:40 AM
I'm short then cause my elbow is waist, and fingertips mid thigh

PolarCathy
June 28th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Elbow on me is waist... :D

ariesfairies
June 28th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Elbow bumps the top of my pelvic bone :P

I learned human anatomy by memory for drawing, and the proportions do vary which is really interesting!

Now with this I wonder, because apparently your arms length from fingertip to fingertip equal your height so maybe that varies too..

bunzfan
June 28th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Hmm this is really interesting i thought everyone's elbows were waist for example now i'm going to check :lol:

PolarCathy
June 28th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Hmm this is really interesting i thought everyone's elbows were waist for example now i'm going to check :lol:

I was pretty sure too :D Now, check mode on...

bunzfan
June 28th, 2012, 02:01 AM
So i went and checked and it appears elbows is past waist and virtually hip but then i am small at just over 5ft 2.

MasCat
June 28th, 2012, 02:05 AM
For me elbow is waist and fingertip is mid tigh :)

Zesty
June 28th, 2012, 02:47 AM
My elbows are in between waist and hip, closer to hip probably, and my fingertip length is pretty much exactly mid-thigh.

DarkCurls
June 28th, 2012, 02:57 AM
My elbows are almost at hip and my fingertips are past mid-thigh. :p

Jing
June 28th, 2012, 03:08 AM
It depends on how you look at it. When my arms are down, elbow crease and waist are aligned, but if I bend my arms, the point of my elbow is below waist but still still closer to it than to my hip bones. I guess my fingertips reach about mid-thigh.

MandyBeth
June 28th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Elbow bumps the top of my pelvic bone :P

I learned human anatomy by memory for drawing, and the proportions do vary which is really interesting!

Now with this I wonder, because apparently your arms length from fingertip to fingertip equal your height so maybe that varies too..

It does. Look at boxers or MMA fighters. If the fingertip to fingertip is exact, those of the same height should have the same reach and the shorter fighter shouldn't have a reach advantage. Since the same height has different reaches and the shorter one at times is longer, the theory isn't exact.

elfgirl
June 28th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I'm short then cause my elbow is waist, and fingertips mid thigh

I just checked my arm/full body length, and I have the exact same line up! :D

patienceneeded
June 28th, 2012, 09:16 AM
My elbow is at my waist and my fingertips are mid-thigh.

The variety of answers here demonstrates why the school I teach at defines mid-thigh (for dress code purposes) as halfway between your knee and top of the leg. For those of you whose fingertips are at classic, that would be a mighty short skirt if the fingertip rule was in-place! I teach middle school and we would like the girls skirts and shorts to be mid-thigh, not "but this IS my fingertip length!!!!" lol

MonaMayfair
June 28th, 2012, 09:29 AM
My elbows are almost at hip and my fingertips are past mid-thigh. :p

Mine too - but I've never thought of any of this before!

Oksana
June 28th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I always thought elbows were at waist and blow me down, they are actually bang on hip!

rach
June 28th, 2012, 04:22 PM
elbow is at hip on me and fingertip is 4 inches above knee on me. I have long arms.

Mesmerise
June 28th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Interesting! I thought that because I have short legs and thus a comparatively longer body (I'm over all extremely short only 4'11") that my arm proportions would be shorter against my body, but they're not. My elbow is pretty much at waist (maybe fractionally higher, say 1" above true waist), and my fingertip is pretty much at mid thigh.

panffle
June 28th, 2012, 04:51 PM
On myself, elbow is a little bit above waist, and fingertip a little bit past classic.

pink.sara
June 28th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I always hear how fingertip is mid thigh and elbow is waist. I know I'm extremely short waisted and while I'm short, I'm very leggy.

But, elbow on me is bottom bra strap and fingertip is classic. Mid thigh is another 4-5".

Anyone else short armmed?

Yes! Exactly this! I seem to have shorter arms and smaller feet and be ALL leg. So my measurements are really bunched together from waist to classic, then hugely spread out. Knee to ankle is like an abyss :-)

dwell_in_safety
June 28th, 2012, 05:35 PM
For me, elbow is hip, and fingertip is roughly halfway down my thighs. I'm 5'9" or so, if that makes a difference. :p

lapushka
June 28th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Elbow is hip on me, fingertip is mid-thigh. Im 5'7", BTW.

WaitingSoLong
June 28th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I know we did the fingertip to fingertip thing one day here at home with all of us and it was spot on for me. The kids were off but they are not full grown yet. My elbows are exactly at waist and my fingertips about 3" past Classic which is, I guess, mid-thigh. I have never been quite sure where mid thigh is.

Anje
June 28th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I'm a bit short in the torso. Fingertip is about mid-thigh, but my elbows are an inch or two below my pelvic bones.

Tabihito
June 28th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Elbow on me is about an inch past waist and an inch and a half above hip (waist-hip on me is almost nothing, it'll be nice after the looooong abyss between BSL and waist).

truepeacenik
June 28th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I've got it reversed! Elbow for me is at hip level, and fingertip is definitely past mid-thigh and well on its way to knee (>(oo)<)`

This. I've a torso the width of a crayon.
Fingertip, measured by index finger, is where the quads start to join connective tissue. About 2.5 inches above the knee cap.