PDA

View Full Version : Very coarse feeling/looking ends, hair shedding, tangly ends.

evieisocoolike
June 27th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Hey, guys! My hair has been acting very strange last week or so. First, I started getting coarse, grabby ends. So, thinking it was build-up, I clarified and deep conditioned. I started really avoiding protein, thinking it may be because of a protein overload (though my routine hadn't changed). When that didn't work, I did an SMT, but to no avail. Then I noticed a lot of shedding, at least for me. Probably about 10 came out in the shower, 6 from the brush, and 10 from just manipulation (putting it up, re-doing, finger combing) in one day. Usually I would get 2-3 hairs out from all of this. I'm getting frustrated! I'm tempted to just hack it off! :hatchet:
What do you guys think? TIA! :flower:

Strangely enough, all this started at the same time, and I haven't changed my routine lately.

Madora
June 27th, 2012, 08:02 PM
On the average, you lose 80 to 100 hairs a day.

Just continue to baby your hair and try and not do too much to it in the way of products. Your hair may be responding unfavorably to what you've recently put on it.

Good luck!

Rufflebutt
June 27th, 2012, 08:11 PM
My hair likes to suck up moisture like no tomorrow. Maybe you could try that?

evieisocoolike
June 27th, 2012, 08:14 PM
My hair likes to suck up moisture like no tomorrow. Maybe you could try that?

Thanks for both of your replies!
What moisture treatment would you use, Rufflebutt? (awesome name, btw! :D)?