PDA

View Full Version : Question about face shape and bangs

A. Correira
June 27th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Hello! I hope you all can see the pictures that I post. If not, let me know and I'll try to figure something out!

So here is my dilemma, I LOVE the blunt bangs that Zooey Deschannel and Carly Rae Jepsen have. They are so cute and give a really cute "sweetheart" look that I really want and love!

https://www.google.com/search?q=zooey+deschanel+bangs&hl=en&prmd=imvnso&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=a7frT7-vJJSk8QSKgZ2-BQ&sqi=2&ved=0CE4QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=506

https://www.google.com/search?q=zooey+deschanel+bangs&hl=en&prmd=imvnso&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=a7frT7-vJJSk8QSKgZ2-BQ&sqi=2&ved=0CE4QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=506#hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=carly+rae+jepsen+bangs&oq=carly+rae+jepsen+bangs&gs_l=img.3..0j0i5i24.26668.32665.0.34266.16.14.0.2 .0.0.256.2101.5j7j2.14.0...0.0.fwB5Adf-UMI&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=24690eb53f7420f7&biw=1024&bih=506

My problem is that I am not sure if these bangs suit my face shape. I have really no idea what kind of face shape I have. I always assume oval, but my husband teases with me and tells me that I have a "horse-face." And I think that too long of a face might not look good with these kind of bangs. So I have no idea.:confused:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9315
Here is my album where my face can be seen well.

I need you all to help me! I have been pining for these bangs for months and I am scared because the last time I had bangs remotely like this, I was in the 8th grade! I gotta know if I have a good face for this style!!

Thank you all!

TheMechaGinger
June 27th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I think they'd look really nice on you just by looking at your pictures. My mom has a long-ish face like you (and oddly enough the same hair color haha) and she's been rocking blunt bangs for at least ten years now. I say go for it! And if you don't like them, bangs are easy to pin back and grow out

Sivan
June 27th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Go for it! I gave myself bangs like this earlier this year after years of side-bangs and I love them.
:)

Rufflebutt
June 27th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't see your photo album. I keep getting a page that says that I don't have permission to access it.

Dovetail
June 27th, 2012, 08:16 PM
The best thing I did was take my "bang" hairs and tucked them under and pinned them, it really let me see how they looked before actually cutting. I walked around all day (and felt kinda dorky) and I really loved mine, so I got it done! I think your face has the same sort of shape as theirs, so I think it would look really cute! Just remember when you go to grow them out, they'll poke yer eyes x.-

DragonFlyPie
June 27th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I think they would look great on you! You have a long forehead, so i think the bangs would kind of shorten the appearance of your face. I think thick bangs would be nice, but I'm partial to thick bangs. Can't stand thin wispy ones :)

Before I got my bangs cuts, I would grab a chunk of hair & hold the ends over my forehead to sort of see how real bangs might look on me.

A. Correira
June 27th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I think they'd look really nice on you just by looking at your pictures. My mom has a long-ish face like you (and oddly enough the same hair color haha) and she's been rocking blunt bangs for at least ten years now. I say go for it! And if you don't like them, bangs are easy to pin back and grow out

My mom has had them for almost her entire life, I think that I don't think about it because she always has them, so I can't really use her as an example even though I look a lot like her.

Go for it! I gave myself bangs like this earlier this year after years of side-bangs and I love them.
:)

I've had side bangs too and I loved them, but I want something new!

I'm sorry, but I can't see your photo album. I keep getting a page that says that I don't have permission to access it.

Hmmm. I'm not sure why... My entire profile should be public.

The best thing I did was take my "bang" hairs and tucked them under and pinned them, it really let me see how they looked before actually cutting. I walked around all day (and felt kinda dorky) and I really loved mine, so I got it done! I think your face has the same sort of shape as theirs, so I think it would look really cute! Just remember when you go to grow them out, they'll poke yer eyes x.-

I want to try this! I haven't even considered "faking" it to see what it was like!Haha

patienceneeded
June 27th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I think those style of bangs would look lovely on you and suit your face shape. Go for it! (If it's what YOU want and will make you happy)

meishkamooshka
June 27th, 2012, 09:54 PM
I think they'd look adorable on you! Go for it if you really want it. Dovetail had a good suggestion, too! :D

christyrose
June 27th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Well your face is definitely oval, not horse shaped. Oval faces look good with any hair cut. I think that it would look great on you even though I myself am not partial to straight across bangs, I like mine side swept and tapered. I love Zooey Deschannel and I love her hair though! :)

starry
June 27th, 2012, 10:14 PM
i say go for it- fringes are wicked- you always look polished and like you've got some style :)

WaitingSoLong
June 27th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I can't seem to remember what it is called but there is a free online tool where you can upload a pic of yourself and "try on" different hair. I hope somebody has a better memory than I do. Grr...

yummie
June 28th, 2012, 12:37 AM
you can buy clip on bangs that way you don't have to commit to it.

Avital88
June 28th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Your hair is wavy right? Be Careful,They might like to flip and dont look like what you have hoped for

riceball
June 28th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Yesss..I definitely would if I had a face like yours. In my opinion anyone with a long or oval face can wear bangs. It's flattering on this face shape because you don't have to worry about the bangs shortening your face or making it look round and pudgy.

Go for it! :)

kitekats
June 28th, 2012, 02:48 AM
don't cut...I know it's tempting, but at least not those thick bangs, it will be a pain in the butt to grow them out later, when you'll have longer hair generally-I know that from my own experience, And -maintaining bangs twice a month isn't anything nice either..

FrannyG
June 28th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Looking at your face, I would say, "Yes, go for it!"

However, looking at your hair type, I think that there's a great possibility that you would have to style them daily. If you're up for that, then do it.

My own bangs are quite thick and they just fall into place, but I'm a 1a.

As far as maintenance, it takes me 2 minutes every two weeks to keep my bangs trimmed. It's so easy and not a big deal at all.

The big thing is the grow-out. If you think you'll be planning on growing them out, prepare for a period of a few months during which it will be a bit of a pain.

If you're good with all of that, then post photos when you've got those bangs! :)

pepperminttea
June 28th, 2012, 06:45 AM
I think they'd look cute on you, but you don't 'need' them either; you've got a really versatile face shape. :) My only worry is your hair type; with your waves, to get straight blunt bangs you might well have to style them everyday. If you're up for that, then hey, why not. :D You only live once.

I can't seem to remember what it is called but there is a free online tool where you can upload a pic of yourself and "try on" different hair. I hope somebody has a better memory than I do. Grr...

Taaz.com (http://www.taaz.com/) :)

1nuitblanche
June 28th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Those bangs would look good on you. They would suit your face shape.

FrannyG
June 28th, 2012, 07:02 AM
You know, I was just looking at your age, and it makes me say more than ever, go for it. This is a great time in life to try out new things, and those bangs would be adorable on you, provided that you could take 5 minutes or so a day to style them, if need be.

Also some of the growing-out tricks that look a bit too young for a woman of my age, would be fine on someone in their 20s or even early 30's, if and when you decide to grow them out.

Pepperminttea said it. You only live once!

dollyfish
June 28th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Google "try out hair styles online" or "virtual hair styles" etc. There are plenty of websites that do this, not just Taaz!

Personally, I think you would look best with a straight across, but non-blunt fringe (cut vertically instead of horizontally).

WaitingSoLong
June 28th, 2012, 07:17 AM
(thanks Peppermintea for helping me remember about taaz!)

I wanted to add that fringe can change how old you look. I know on me they take off at least 5 years, so keep that in mind.

Kamir0
July 2nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Your face isn't particularly "long" IMO. My sister's face is longer than yours by a long shot, and I would not say she looks like a horse.

What I notice though, is that your hair is much curlier than these two celebs, and you will have to blowdry/straighten your hair daily to make this kind of bangs work.

I really like the side-swept bangs you have on your wedding pictures. :)

jojo
July 2nd, 2012, 06:10 PM
I have a long face too and fringes look good on me as they break the longness up, long face girls are lucky we suit any fringe, go for it! I cut one in last year but then got bored with having to wash and straighten it as its curly, so grew mine out, plus I felt a bit like a school girl, so grew mine out. I love fringes they add interest and really show the eyes off, I'm just too lazy!

Eta my daughter bought a clip on fringe from eBay, the most hideous looking thing I ever did see looks like a bad toupee but I'm sure you can get better quality ones than that, it gave us a few laughs for sure!

spidermom
July 2nd, 2012, 06:12 PM
Yes! A long face totally suits blunt bangs.
They'd squash my face down and make me look like a pug. I've got a rounded square face shape.