PDA

View Full Version : Frustrations with hair growing?

Rufflebutt
June 27th, 2012, 06:43 PM
What kind of frustrations are you having with hair growing?

For me, the biggest ones are growing out my layers and growing out my black dye.

My hair is waist length and I don't want to give up any of the length. So I have a loooooong way to go. I hope the black dye eventually fades after a while, actually. A couple of my friends who also dyed their hair got lucky and it happened. She had been dying her hair from 9th until 12th as well. I've only been dying mine for a year.
Plus my layers make my hair really hard to put my hair into gorgeous buns. Bits of hair poke out everywhere and it looked messy. XP I can't wait until they grow out and I can have a great bit mane of thick hair. Until then, I just twist my hair in any which way and put it up with a hair stick.

How about you guys?

Tisiloves
June 27th, 2012, 06:45 PM
The Undercut of Doooooooooooooom :demon:

Why did I have to shave the slowest growing bit of my hair?

spidermom
June 27th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I love buns when the hair sticks out and looks messy!

For me, it's the split ends. I get so many of them, and it just makes me crazy. Stupid, I know, but I can't help it! I'd have longer than classic length hair if it weren't for the splits.

christyrose
June 27th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Mine is just having patience enough for it to grow out. I have a short cut now and decided for the first time I want long hair. I feel like I am starting so far from my goal sometimes it gets discouraging.

FrannyG
June 27th, 2012, 06:52 PM
If I've learned nothing in the 6 years that I've been a member of LHC, I've learned the art of patience.

I know how hard it is to be patient, but essentially, that's all it takes.

I came to LHC with straggly, thin and damaged hair. I had to grow all of that out. I then got the bright idea to dye my hair brown, and kept it that way for over a year, only because I knew that if I went back to blonde, I'd damage my hair. I did go back to blonde though and did damage my hair all over again. Essentially, I was back to square one.

But despite all of that, and a few big chops along the way, I have made a fair bit of progress.

You will get to your goal in time, believe me. I know it looks like a long road from here, but it won't take as long as you think right now.

I really wish you well on your journey. :blossom:

swearnsue
June 27th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I think the most frustrating is that I'm waiting for that time when my hair just looks good. I see pics os hair that looks beautiful just as is, you know just being clean long hair and it looks so pretty. My hair just isn't there yet and I wonder if it will ever have that beautiful or even just kinda nice look just by being hair.

KwaveT
June 27th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Mine is not having enough hair on the sides to put my hair up. I got profusely hot the other day since I had to be a parking lot attendant for our church and was in 95 degree humidity for over an hour.

Rufflebutt
June 27th, 2012, 07:28 PM

Why did I have to shave the slowest growing bit of my hair? Oh dear :O You're very brave, I'll give you that.

Rufflebutt
June 27th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I think the most frustrating is that I'm waiting for that time when my hair just looks good. I see pics os hair that looks beautiful just as is, you know just being clean long hair and it looks so pretty. My hair just isn't there yet and I wonder if it will ever have that beautiful or even just kinda nice look just by being hair. I know what you mean entirely. I always used to flat iron my hair, all of time. And now I'm trying to embrace the little waves that my hair has. But it barely has any waves...

It's just wavy enough to look like my hair isn't kept. XD

ohmygackt
June 27th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I have to grow out my permanent pink dye T_T
Why did I want your hair color from Vortex, Aoi? WHY?? *cry*

brave
June 27th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Why are you so dry and harsh feeling? Be nice hair, be nice!

DarkSunny
June 27th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Splits, splits, and more splits on top of pretty slow hair growth. Also a couple areas of hair near the nape of my neck that seem to have a slightly frizzier texture and seem to both split and tangle faster than the rest of my hair (frequently then tangling up the rest of my hair with them). :rolleyes:

Rufflebutt
June 27th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I love buns when the hair sticks out and looks messy!

For me, it's the split ends. I get so many of them, and it just makes me crazy. Stupid, I know, but I can't help it! I'd have longer than classic length hair if it weren't for the splits.
I think split ends is the one area where I've been blessed. I used to flat iron and abuse my hair DAILY..

But as long as I S&D from time to time, I rarely get any splits. My hair is just naturally resilient to damage and that's probably why I got to waist length despite all of my abuse. I can only image how long it's going to get now that I'm pampering my hair!

Carissamarie08
June 27th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Everything about growing my hair out is frustrating.

poppy81
June 27th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Just patience at the moment..

CurlyCap
June 27th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Curls.

I love them. (They are gorgeous.)

But I hate them. (Length eating monsters.)

ladylowtide
June 27th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Too thick and short to put in any pure hair stick buns. OR any buns for that matter. I feel like i'll be doing twists and flipped half buns for the rest of my life.

Oh and the 1bness of it. Just wavy enough to look like stick straight, yet unkempt (according to the average person on the street ....) :(

Rufflebutt
June 27th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Too thick and short to put in any pure hair stick buns. OR any buns for that matter. I feel like i'll be doing twists and flipped half buns for the rest of my life.

Oh and the 1bness of it. Just wavy enough to look like stick straight, yet unkempt (according to the average person on the street ....) :(
I know EXACTLY how that goes, having 1b hair myself. That's why I used to flat iron every day. XP
Now days, I'll wear my hair down if it looks nice but otherwise I just wear it up. I refuse to fry my hair anymore.

battles
June 27th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Growing out henna. I have about 2 inches of roots right now.. Bah.

Unsure of how to take care of my 2a-ish hair. I just comb it while damp so it looks straight right now. :shrug:

KAggs
June 27th, 2012, 08:57 PM
For me, it's having the patience for growing out these dangs layers and just the process in general. Luckily, trying new healthy stuff for my hair keeps me busy enough.

Dovetail
June 27th, 2012, 09:31 PM
My biggest frustration is "I want it Noooowwww" that and I have a few piddly layers left that I really want gone so I can do lovely braids without ends poking out all over.

Rufflebutt
June 27th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Mine is just having patience enough for it to grow out. I have a short cut now and decided for the first time I want long hair. I feel like I am starting so far from my goal sometimes it gets discouraging.
Patience is a big one for me as well. I wish I was like one girl here who gets like 2 inches PER MONTH. That's crazy! I wish my hair grew that fast so bad. It's almost like you could WATCH it grow.

meishkamooshka
June 27th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I think my biggest frustration is finding the right oil and shampoo/conditioner for me. I'm not really satisfied with anything I've used thus far, and I know it's just a matter of experimentation, so I'm trying to remain positive! :D

And, of course, wanting it to grow grow grow faster than humanly possible for me.

starry
June 27th, 2012, 09:43 PM
my hairs growing really fast since water only- also my nails are like talons now too!

I think its still the waiting part that kills me. I'm glad its close to shoulder length ( as opposed to growing from a buzz cut) but its still gonna be a little while before its "long." My fiancee and I have decided to cut off the hair dye and bleached part when its at bum length.. so that's something to look forward to! :S having half black/bleached hair for the next few years.
what else oh the fact that the 2b is neither here nor there- like its curly wavy but unhealthy looking straight if I don't scrunch it, style it mildly etc.

akilina
June 27th, 2012, 11:09 PM

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had both sides of my head shaved, grew out the left side(its great now back to normal), but in Nov. I started growing the right side out.I cut it to 1/4 of an inch long for the last time and left it to be.

It is now uhh....*measuringI* 4 1/2 inches long. It sucks so badly. I have a section of hair that "covers" it, and then the hair under all that is a good 4 inches shorter than that.

I have SO far to go. And then, once it is all really long and uneven, I will be able to cut it into a good shape.Even worse, that hair that covers the short hair is pretty damaged in the ends and breaks off. The front of my hair sees more damage.
AND then, I have a little face framing there, and then my hair drops off to a 6 inch disconnection.
Someone must understand the same that this drives me so insane.
-_____-;;

Tisiloves
June 27th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had both sides of my head shaved, grew out the left side(its great now back to normal), but in Nov. I started growing the right side out.I cut it to 1/4 of an inch long for the last time and left it to be.

It is now uhh....*measuringI* 4 1/2 inches long. It sucks so badly. I have a section of hair that "covers" it, and then the hair under all that is a good 4 inches shorter than that.

I have SO far to go. And then, once it is all really long and uneven, I will be able to cut it into a good shape.Even worse, that hair that covers the short hair is pretty damaged in the ends and breaks off. The front of my hair sees more damage.
AND then, I have a little face framing there, and then my hair drops off to a 6 inch disconnection.
Someone must understand the same that this drives me so insane.
-_____-;;

I shaved the underlayer, it's horrible, long enough to really annoy me, too short to plait or incorperate into buns properly.

akilina
June 27th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I shaved the underlayer, it's horrible, long enough to really annoy me, too short to plait or incorperate into buns properly.
Agh!
I bet that is even harder to grow out. How bad of a disconnection do you have between the two lengths?
I feel for ya. It is impossible for the right side of my hair to look good and this is a reason I never wear my hair up in public. I have a very round face since I gained 60 pounds and it makes my face feel awkward and exposed when I wear it up.
I gave myself something similar in the past. I didn't shave but one day, I got the idea to cut a half inch section at the very bottom of my hair to about an inch long. I eventually chopped to collar bone to fix it. :/

Tisiloves
June 27th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Agh!
I bet that is even harder to grow out. How bad of a disconnection do you have between the two lengths?
I feel for ya. It is impossible for the right side of my hair to look good and this is a reason I never wear my hair up in public. I have a very round face since I gained 60 pounds and it makes my face feel awkward and exposed when I wear it up.
I gave myself something similar in the past. I didn't shave but one day, I got the idea to cut a half inch section at the very bottom of my hair to about an inch long. I eventually chopped to collar bone to fix it. :/

About four inches, I'm going to maintain at BSL for a bit to get rid of it and trim my bleach damage. Luckily the layering from it being shaved helps it blend.

IvanaGil
June 27th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Split ends and dryness...they're both killing me because the dry ends make me feel like I need a mega trim, but I don't want to!

akilina
June 27th, 2012, 11:37 PM
About four inches, I'm going to maintain at BSL for a bit to get rid of it and trim my bleach damage. Luckily the layering from it being shaved helps it blend.
Yeah same here. It helps that this hair I am trying to grow out is not one just thick block of all one length hair.
And I am happy to say it hides its self pretty well to the public eye :]

Debra83
June 27th, 2012, 11:50 PM
My biggest frustration is that I trimmed so much....I would be way longer now. rats.

my second biggest frustration is that, at the moment, I can't decide if I want bangs or not. I keep waffling for the last 5 months or so. sigh. Why can't I decide and be done with this question either way? Because I keep seeing beautiful results of new bangs being cut on this site as well as in real life. But, I KNOW that is no guarantee that I'll like them on me. In fact, the last time I had them, just a couple of years ago, I decided to grow them out because they were a pain in the behind for me. NOW, I'm thisclose to getting them back!!!

sigh. I'm insane.

HintOfMint
June 28th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Ever since I moved to NY, the winters took much more of a toll on my hair than I had to deal with previously. So every spring I have to cut off more than I'd like.

I'm also dealing with some serious dry ends at the moment (whole other thread on that) so I'm just grouchy at the moment.

carrieavaught
June 28th, 2012, 12:45 AM
My biggest frustration is patience. I cut 13 inches last year. I had a tube in my kidney, and every time I showered my hair would wrap around it. Now its almost back to where it was.

akilina
June 28th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Ever since I moved to NY, the winters took much more of a toll on my hair than I had to deal with previously. So every spring I have to cut off more than I'd like.

I'm also dealing with some serious dry ends at the moment (whole other thread on that) so I'm just grouchy at the moment.
Same thing also happened to me :/ I was in Nevada and the harsh winters took a toll on my hair every single year and I always thought something was wrong with me. I even saw a doc and had my blood tested for any sort of ailment. On top of that was the horribly hard water. Now I am back in Northern California and I am hoping I can finally grow my hair long for once.

jennkei
June 28th, 2012, 01:19 AM
I think the most frustrating is that I'm waiting for that time when my hair just looks good. I see pics os hair that looks beautiful just as is, you know just being clean long hair and it looks so pretty. My hair just isn't there yet and I wonder if it will ever have that beautiful or even just kinda nice look just by being hair.

I think your hair looks beautiful from your signature picture, swearnsue. :)

Mine is the same as spidermom's, split ends. Every time I see those I'm like NOOOO CUT CUT CUT!

And also because I cut my hair by myself, my lack of skill makes me frustrated. ^^" But I don't like going to the hairdressers'...none of them have ever given me a nice look/didn't cut off more than I told them to. :(

THIS. I think I'm kinda 1c, which is even worse. Frizz frizz frizz. Some days I'm like oh you pretty wave, others..not so.

kitekats
June 28th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Evil chemical dye...I dyed my hair black for about 4 years and now I have really crappy, sheer, fragile butt length hair-oh why, why did I dye them in the first place, darn gothic belle ideal...

Vampyria
June 28th, 2012, 03:09 AM
My biggest frustration is growing out thin ends from the heat, dye damage and a big shed I had because of the BC pills.

Soon it will be 2 years since I've started growing out. I had to cut it from past BSL to almost shoulder and I still have at least 3 inches to go.

Sometimes I just get the urge to cut all of the thinned ends off, but I don't want to end up with shoulder or even chin length hair (would look terrible on me). So I will have to wait a bit.

But those thin ends still left in my front hair that are tangling all the time, are driving me crazy.:taz:

johnnystiletto
June 28th, 2012, 07:27 AM
My biggest frustration is growing out thin ends from the heat, dye damage and a big shed I had because of the BC pills.

Soon it will be 2 years since I've started growing out. I had to cut it from past BSL to almost shoulder and I still have at least 3 inches to go.

Sometimes I just get the urge to cut all of the thinned ends off, but I don't want to end up with shoulder or even chin length hair (would look terrible on me). So I will have to wait a bit.

But those thin ends still left in my front hair that are tangling all the time, are driving me crazy.:taz:

Vampyria, I think you may be one of my hair type twins!

johnnystiletto
June 28th, 2012, 07:29 AM
My biggest frustrations are that I have a LOT more of those wiry, coarse "head pubes" than I ever used to get. So, as my hair grows, those hairs stick straight up or make my hair look really wonky when I wear it down.

The other frustration? Resisting the urge to chop it off during hot Alabama summers! We've already had 100+ degree days, with high humidity, which wreaks havoc on my hair, even though I always wear it up!

pocketsmall
June 28th, 2012, 07:42 AM
GROWING OUT MY BANGS. I've had blunt thick cut short bangs for the past 5+ years. I started growing them out in January. I almost caved and cut them many times since then. They reach just below my lips now and I'm hoping they'll be at or below my chin by December.

I can finally pull them back into a pony tail! :D I'm sure once they're grown out to shoulder length my hair will feel a lot thicker. I swear like half the hair on top my head were bangs so I lost a lot of thickness.

Tazzy
June 28th, 2012, 07:53 AM
My biggest frustration would have to be growing out color corrected and bleached hair. On my top layer I have about five inches left and the bottom I'd guess maybe the last two inches. It is just so damaged feeling compared to the regrowth, it drives me insane! Plus slip ends run rampant through the ends.

dollyfish
June 28th, 2012, 08:24 AM

On the bright side, it looks like your hair is 1b all over. My hair is maybe 1c/2a in the very front, and 2b in the back, so a lot of the time it just looks like I have bed head! It's thick enough to blend pretty well though. My mother's got thin fine 1a/b hair that's got random sections of 2a/b in the back. Uneven waves are the worst :(

ETA: To be more on topic, I think the whole growing process is its own worst part. I hate the idea that it'll take me multiple YEARS to feel comfortable with my length...

EndlessSunshine
June 28th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Being patient is hard along with finding out what works for your hair. I went to my hairdresser yesterday to discuss the hard water and bought a chelating shampoo. I also cut off two and a half inches of the damage so now my hair looks mostly healthy but it is just above my shoulders now. My hair is shiny again after using it and today I put on some coconut oil. I hope to have healthy long hair by next summer.

Vintagecoilylocks
June 28th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Growing out natural layers and now new growth after a huge shed. It will be along road.

swearnsue
June 28th, 2012, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=jennkei;2184101]I think your hair looks beautiful from your signature picture, swearnsue. :)

Thank you jennkei!:D

Lisabunny
June 28th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Mine has been 29" for a donkeys age. It still not going anywhere:horse: What really pisses me off is the hair on the rest of my body grows like mad:(

einna
June 28th, 2012, 12:55 PM
For me it is getting past the APL to BSL stage. I have been there for about 1,5 years, growing longer, cutting dry, colour treated ends and badly cut layers.

I feel like I am stuck in the dilemma of getting rid of my ends, or getting length. I can never seem to decide, and end up microtrimming.
However, I am very close to BSL now, and my ends are getting steadily better. The wait is paying of :D

gillybeanxo3921
June 28th, 2012, 02:11 PM
My biggest problem is how dry my hair is. It becomes very brittle in the winter (I'm from New England) and so if I'm not gentle enough, it breaks. I had to get four inches taken off this year! I'm hoping now that I've gotten rid of most of the damage, and am treating my hair gently enough that I won't have the same problem next winter.

I should have waist by now :justy:

jacqueline101
June 28th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Mine is layers and the length I had cut off unwillingly.

jojo
June 28th, 2012, 02:49 PM
My thinner ends drive me mad and I've trimmed quite a bit over the years. I did regret hendigoing but now that's gone I don't really have any frustrations, I'm at a length which I consider long and my hairs pretty healthy, I'm liking my ends at the moment and I only get a few splits, so I'm just hanging on and enjoying the journey!

I'd like to get to classic a bit quicker but I'm not going anywhere and will get there eventually. The way I see it, the longer it takes the more I shall appreciate it.

Asma
June 28th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Growing out my layers and fringe, I have 2 layers in my hair that are currently between BSL and waist (the rest of my hair is almost classic :D ) and they don't seem to be getting any longer :l

gillybeanxo3921
June 28th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I'd like to get to classic a bit quicker but I'm not going anywhere and will get there eventually. The way I see it, the longer it takes the more I shall appreciate it.

I cannot wait to get to that point. When you're satisfied with where you are. I used to feel like that about my hair but then I got a haircut and I keep feeling like I should be longer by now. I've become very anxious about my hair length since. I'm hoping by christmas I'll be more content with where I am, and more comfortable with the wait. Like someone else said, once it gets past my bust I'll feel much better ;)

Alvrodul
June 28th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Mu furry braids leave me quite frustrated! My hair is at present past tailbone, heading for classic, so thinning ends, and attendant furry braids, are to be expected. It doesn't keep me from getting frustrated though.

catamonica
June 28th, 2012, 04:25 PM
In November 2011, my hair hadn't grown for two years. So, I started wearing it in a braided bun. It had grown four inches in March. It's still growing, but slowly.

RileyJane
June 28th, 2012, 04:33 PM
waiting seems to be my biggest fustration ughhhh

lacefrost
June 28th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Stupid stupid stupid layers. I would feel like my hair was longer if it were all one length.

Also: curls. Yes curls are awesome BUT! while my hair is waist length, it looks APL all the time. Argh argh argh. So annoying. And I won't get waist length curly until my hair is like TBL.

Dragon Faery
June 29th, 2012, 02:07 AM
The biggest frustrations for me are my layers and waiting. :)
But with every inch I grow, I get a little happier. :cheese:

Vampyria
June 29th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Vampyria, I think you may be one of my hair type twins!

Oh, hello! :) I haven't seen a lot of people with that hair type here.

sharonluvscats
June 29th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I'm growing out dye and layers too. Like you, I also don't want to cut and lose length. My hair is currently 3 different colors. *sigh*

FireFromWithin
June 29th, 2012, 07:27 AM
I'm in the same boat as quite a few of you, I hate waiting for my shorter front and side parts to catch up and I'm growing out dye, which is luckily only a few shades lighter than my natural colour.

johnnystiletto
June 29th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Oh, hello! :) I haven't seen a lot of people with that hair type here.

I know, right? ;)

dollyfish
June 29th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Stupid stupid stupid layers. I would feel like my hair was longer if it were all one length.

Also: curls. Yes curls are awesome BUT! while my hair is waist length, it looks APL all the time. Argh argh argh. So annoying. And I won't get waist length curly until my hair is like TBL.

I'm sorry you're having frustrating issues getting the (visible) length you want, but I just wanted to say I checked out your albums and your hair is AMAZING. Absolutely beautiful. They do suck quite a bit of length, but your curls are indeed *awesome* :thud:

jesis
June 29th, 2012, 10:00 AM
My hair is getting really heavy and when I wear it up it pulls on my scalp. It sucks, but I have to wear it up for work.

I guess I shouldn't complain that it's getting longer/thicker. :) It just gives me a headache sometimes!

Vanille_
June 29th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I finally reached a point where I no longer care how much my hair grows a month anymore. It's pretty liberating. I might measure every month or so to update my stats here on the site, but I honestly just don't care if my hair didn't seem to grow at all in a month. It used to stress me out. Now I just have fun with the hair I do have - new styles, colors, and treatments.

*hugs* to all of you out there stressing. Don't! Your hair will grow. Benign neglect has been my best friend.

Tia2010
June 29th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I'm just impatient and get frustrated that my hair isn't where I want it yet. I know this requires patience and it will only grow as fast as it will grow.. but darn it , I want it now! :D

gillybeanxo3921
July 2nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
yes, I've been BSL for far too long. It used to seem long to me, but now it is just the regular old length that I've always had. Its boring, and frustrating, that I'm still stuck here.

I'm glad I'm almost out though! Four more inches until waist :D

AnaGeorgette
July 2nd, 2012, 04:46 PM
Ugh it's been particularly frustrating lately when I put my hair up in a braid or ponytail because of the damaged hair growing out. After years of dying, bleaching flat-ironing and blowdrying my 'old hair' is literally half the width of my 'new growth', which only reaches to about my collarbones. So basically when I tie my hair up it looks like I have really bad extensions because of the extreme tapering.

owlathena
July 2nd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Having big chunks missing where I used to bleach streaks...The rest of my hair is healthy, except that a couple areas are noticeably several inches shorter than the rest. So I've been having to waste and trim off perfectly good hair in order to even it up. Super frustrating! That and just how slowly hair (esp MY hair) grows.

Loveisaverb
July 2nd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Layers can be very frustrating especially when I put them in a braid or bun and all these little pieces stick out. Through the good thing is they are growing out.
And uneven lengths as my hemline seems to look like a bad U-cut. But hey I guess that's just the process of growing your hair out.

palaeoqueen
July 3rd, 2012, 05:11 AM
The worst part for me is the bottom 3" or so that is very badly damaged from bleach, colour correction and heat styling. The rest of it is also heavily bleached but less damaged. I also have bad layers that are like a big step cut into my hair, I desperately want to grow them out but can't chop until my hair is longer as it's so unmanageable at shorter lengths. Grrr.

Oh and whoever said that 2a/2b hair just looks like unbrushed/uncared for straight hair without styling, yep, I have the same problem! I'm hoping that this effect will lessen as my hair grows.

Winnie!
July 16th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I have a lot of issues with my hair right now. The layers point out every which way, so braids look really messy. Buns are impossible. My hair slips out of everything. It seems I'm actually regressing when it comes to styles I can do. :(

kitekats
July 16th, 2012, 11:29 AM
That hair growing process is so long, and those ex-bangs and sheer fairy tail ends are killing my patience:taz:

EvaTraum
July 16th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Since I am joining LHC I´ve learned how to love my hair. It was frustrating feeling it dry, the slow growing...

Now, I know how to moisturize it, and speaking about the growing time.. well, it is growing, so I put it up in really tinny buns and I just wait and wait, and I try not to think about the growing but about the health of it.

joflakes
July 16th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Resisting the urge to bleach and dye bits.

The face framing layers that I hate and am growing out but will pretty much always be shorter than the rest of my hair.

My naturally wavy hair that is only wavy in some parts and doesn't play nice.

Halo of frizzy new growth I get.

Panicky moments when I have a lot of shedding.

Having said that...it is all worth it when I look back at photos from October when I joined here. Ugh!!

HairFaerie
July 16th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I have tried growing my hair out twice last year. This is my third attempt.

The most frustrating part for me happens at shoulder length. It's too short to do most things with but too long to have any kind of "style" that I like. It seems like it just hangs there! I couldn't find any style at that length that I liked. I had bangs and layers though. This time, I am going to try to grow it out chin length, all one length, then go on to shoulder and beyond to see if that cuts out any of the frustration or not.

longcurlygirl<3
July 16th, 2012, 01:36 PM
for me is singe strand knots, they are annoying and then when my hair is heavy I can't do much buns because they annoy me.

Rish
July 16th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I have to grow out bleached/damaged hair - it damages the surrounding hairs and causes splits

I also have uneven hairs everywhere from breakage/splits which annoys me, I want them all to be the same length :(

vanillabones
July 16th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Same issues here, growing out layers and bleach from my ends still. It's still not over. YET!!

blondie9912
July 16th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Growing out my highlights/hair colour. It will take about 3 more years for me to get to my goal length with virgin hair. Gah!!

LuXious
July 17th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Tricking myself into getting it cut again. AGAIN! And then not liking the professional job and getting out the damn scissors and razor comb to "get it how I like it" and ending up with a bird's nest on my head. Now I've got dreadful teeny bopper bangs again and a pinch of hair that is about two inches long on my left hairline by the ear. And a lot of my attempts at texturizing in there. Dear God. The situation is baaaad.

gillybeanxo3921
July 17th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I hate how easily my hair becomes dried out. I'm constantly moisturizing and conditioning!

blaketob
July 17th, 2012, 10:45 AM
My biggest frustration is my growth rate. It grows less than avg.. In a year I only grew 4 inches - avg is 6 inches. My hair was getting rid of damage though last yr so hopefully it's rate will be faster this year considering I have slim to none damage

redsonjared
July 17th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Shoulder length
Layers
Frizz
Finding the right routine
Waking up to find a bird has nested on my head

CharleaMurphy
July 17th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Layers, definitely.
I'm happy enough with my over-all just-below-BSL hair but the chin/shoulder layers? Ugh, they are the bain of my life.
Breakage, too. My hair was quite damaged and I hate losing length by trimming it but sometimes it just has to come off.
I just wish it would go faster.

arcane
July 17th, 2012, 12:29 PM
The fact that I had to cut off my progress because of a stupid choice I made which ended up meaning I couldn't care for my hair properly and the damage traveled all the way up to shoulder.

Or since I did a deep treatment (I desperately needed mositure) and now I have severe triangle head. I can't wait till I hit BSL again as that is generally when the triangle head ends.

I have tri coloured hair as I have given up dye and I had a cruella at the time. :(

thatjengirl1
July 17th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I think the biggest frustration is trying not to think about how long my hair would be now if I hadn't done the big chop a year ago. I would be at my goal by now.

sparrowswing
July 17th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Currently it's the fact that my hair seems to have stalled. Completely normal, I realize, but it's frustrating knowing that from May 17 to today - two whole months - my hair has not grown. Maybe it's because I've been experimenting with shampoos? Maybe it misses the cones and sulfates I was using before? I just find it ironic that when I finally started really taking care of my hair, it stopped growing.

colormeindie
July 17th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I eat really healthy, I drink nearly 8 bottles of water a day, and I work out a lot. I micro-trim every 2-3 weeks depending on whatever growth I’ve seen. However, I haven’t seen hardly any growth since I started working out more often, about 2 months ago. I work out every other day, and on days I do work out, I get about 36g of protein through food and protein shakes.

I SHOULD be growing right? ughgughgughgughgughgughh.

Nedertane
July 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM
For the last couple months, I've felt like I've been having a serious growth stall - I've only had my hair trimmed ONCE since February, and it was only half an inch, and there's hardly any difference from my length then, and my length now! I'm kinda dreading the possibility that this might be my terminal length. I just want a couple more inches, that's all!

A current problem is some breakage from my hair coloring. I think it's more a result of how my stylist handled my hair, since this was only a demi dye, but I can't be too mad at her, since she did give me exactly what I wanted. :)

based goddess
July 17th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Growing out my bright red hair dye, the patience needed.
Since really long hair looks really good on me, I've got 3-4'' to go until TBL, so impatient!

Embrace1913
July 17th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I'm frustrated because last September I used a semi-permanent box jet black haircolor that was supposed to wash out after 28 shampoos. Except most of it never washed out. So I have about 5 or 6 inches of dark brown new growth and the rest is still jet black. I'm probably the only one who notices, but it bothers me. I can really see the difference when I'm in the sun. I'm considering a trip to a salon to get the color taken out and to get highlights, but I'm so scared of the chemicals/bleach. Part of me says just to leave it alone and let it grow out but we all know thats gonna take forever. . . :(

SelkieSkjald
July 18th, 2012, 12:39 AM
For me the biggest frustrations are the weirdly textured baby hairs growing out from a big shed; some of them look like they've been crimped, and they're a lot thicker than the majority of my hairs. I'm hoping that this is actually a good sign and that they'll straighten out and make my hair thicker when they're longer.

I am also very perplexed at my scalp, which was doing so well stretching washes and has now regressed a whole day and has been having episodes of gross, waxy buildup. Thankfully it's nothing another WO wash and a BBB session can't handle, but I'm worried that I'm damaging my hair more with all of the extra handling.

Also, my favorite peridot necklace has a beautiful chain but a horrible clasp that keeps ripping out my hair! Are there any clasp sheaths or something I could do to keep this from happening?

mawiwala
July 18th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Always the same. Split ends shortly after trimming. I hate it. This time I will wear it up an oil the ends until I have 5 inch more.

sunshine-locks
July 18th, 2012, 05:01 AM

Oh, I know the struggle! That bit of hair also added some thickness and now it's gone, pigtails look silly so that's an option gone now -.-

sunshine-locks
July 18th, 2012, 05:04 AM
I think the biggest frustration is trying not to think about how long my hair would be now if I hadn't done the big chop a year ago. I would be at my goal by now.
I also understand this :/ It's so annoying thinking how long and pretty the hair would be by now.. :mad:

Amber_Maiden
July 18th, 2012, 06:10 AM
My ends! I don't want to keep chopping because my ends are doing this... aghhhh!!! I want TBL length hair, free of these ends! With normal ends!

geeorgie
July 18th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Growing out layers, or more like all the random short bits that I've had to cut to get rid of damage! It's mainly annoying because so much of my hair is in a layer that I can't enjoy the length I'm at, it just looks so thin and scraggly :( I know it's going to be at least a year until I've grown the majority of the layers out, booo!

CurlyCurves
July 18th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Where do I start?!

I'll start with my biggest one;

My hair, when it's wet, can not tolerate any manipulation or it'll turn to frizz/not so defined curls when it's dry. So every day is a battle to leave it as wet as possible, while getting ready, moving about and going to work. Or, it'll start to dry perfectly. Leave the house - instant frizz.

It's so bloody annoying.

palaeoqueen
July 19th, 2012, 03:54 AM
My biggest frustration is that I didn't stop bleaching and start looking after my hair a lot sooner. Nothing can be done about that though so I just try to enjoy the new growth and improved condition month by month :)

RubySlippers
July 19th, 2012, 05:45 AM
My biggest frustration right now is that I AM CONVINCED that my hair grew faster two months ago, before I started deliberately growing it and watching for growth!

I hennaed on June 16th and I have a centimetre of roots, if that, whereas I am sure that I used to get much more when it was just a pain and meant that I'd have to henna again sooner than I wanted.

Huh.

CurlyCurves
July 21st, 2012, 06:26 AM
If I hadn't constantly cut my hair throughout my life, it'd be lovely and long now :(

jacqueline101
July 21st, 2012, 07:34 AM
Mine is growing out what was cut off in the back and my pixie pieces to my bangs. Summer of frustrations for me.

BrownEyedBeauty
July 21st, 2012, 07:44 PM
I had some layers cut in around the sides of my face which I now regret. I am in the process of growing the layers out and also growing my fringe out at the same time. I want the layers to catch up with the rest of the length and I want my fringe to reach my jaw or just a few inches past jaw. I at least, did not get too many face framing layers and since my hair is fine in texture, it blends in with the rest of my hair.

Pearly~91
July 21st, 2012, 07:55 PM
Well, I've had my hair long before and the constant frustration then was that it grows SO unevenly. My current problem is that the cut that it is growing out from flips everywhere because of the layers and it is a constant struggle just to keep myself from lopping it all off. I want to wait until my hair longer to see if it will stop flipping...but its so hard.:mad:

petali
July 21st, 2012, 08:11 PM
BREAKAGE!!!! I hate it. The only way I damaged my hair was by using a ball-tipped brush. But seriously, why do I have so many weird hairs sticking out everywhere?? Sometimes I want to chop everything off and restart.

anime_length
July 21st, 2012, 08:50 PM
I hate how my hair is getting straighter as it gets longer. I always wanted straight hair but this isn't what i asked for.

I guess the weight makes it too heavy to curl?

I also hate the idea of cutting off damage. In theory i get it, but in practice it seems wrong.

misspriss
July 21st, 2012, 09:52 PM
I hate that my hair takes so long to look long when it is wavy. I swear I am probably nearly BSL stretched out by now, but it doesn't even look like a good APL when it is wavy. I want it to be beautiful and wavy and long. It will take probably another year to look as long as I want while in it's natural texture.

stew
July 21st, 2012, 09:58 PM
Growing out my layers!!! I have the most painful layers.. they start just above my ears and are all feathery right down the length. I can't just put it up and forget about it because my hair falls out of every updo.