PDA

View Full Version : Slippery hair

Sammie_holms
June 27th, 2012, 02:05 PM
So I know almost every heathy head of hair out there wants soft silky hair but it is not as fun as it sounds. My hair is so slippery it barely holds a braid. I was wondering if anyone else has thisroblem and what you do to combat it.

afu
June 27th, 2012, 02:17 PM
my mum has this problem, i tried to do a braid in her hair last week and it just wouldn't hold - i've never seen anything like it! What she does is buns with claw clips almost all the time.

Have you tried coconut oil? i find that when I'm doing updos coconut oil gives the hair a bit more grip when applied liberally to the lengths

white.chocolate
June 27th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I know what you're talking about. I'm pretty much used to it but it can get annoying sometimes. It helps if I mist my hair before working with it. Not so much though. I like my slippery hair. :)

Arden
June 27th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Do you use silly cones? My hair use to be super duper slick / straight and when I stopped using suflates and cones it got less slipper, more soft and started getting wavy

MissManda
June 27th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I know this problem. Even when my hair hasn't been washed for several days and is filthy from sebum or oil, it still slithers out of hairstyles.

There is a support group thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=95289) for us slippery hairs if you're interested. :flower:

luxepiggy
June 27th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Oh yes, I am quite familiar with houdini hair (^(oo)~)

On the plus side, it rarely gets tangled, so I usually just leave it down.

Jing
June 28th, 2012, 06:05 AM
I do! I do! It's recent, too. My hair was never prone to staying put in updos, but lately it's been ridiculous. Likely because I use sulphate-free shampoo for two washes out of three now. I'm doing a protein treatment today to see if that helps; my hair was a lot less slippery when I used protein S&C more.