PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have easy hair?

LaFlor
June 27th, 2012, 07:04 AM
I feel like I've been reading a lot of posts and threads about fussy hair lately. How some people's hair hates this or that or needs extra special care and ingredientes to look right, or how it can only be brushed with one particular comb or brush.

It's made me realize that my hair is super easy to take care of. I can switch shampoo's and conditioners, put just about anything on my hair, brush it anyway I like, and generally just not think about it and it will look good.

I can still have bad hair days... but they are usually caused by stretching washes that extra day or going to bed with my hair soaking wet only to wake up with strange dents everywhere :D

I know I can't be the only one with hair that doesn't care.

Anyone else have easy hair?

PolarCathy
June 27th, 2012, 07:11 AM
I feel like I've been reading a lot of posts and threads about fussy hair lately. How some people's hair hates this or that or needs extra special care and ingredientes to look right, or how it can only be brushed with one particular comb or brush.

It's made me realize that my hair is super easy to take care of. I can switch shampoo's and conditioners, put just about anything on my hair, brush it anyway I like, and generally just not think about it and it will look good.

I can still have bad hair days... but they are usually caused by stretching washes that extra day or going to bed with my hair soaking wet only to wake up with strange dents everywhere :D

I know I can't be the only one with hair that doesn't care.

Anyone else have easy hair?

I don't have easy hair, however I do have very easy and forgiving scalp. :D

DarkCurls
June 27th, 2012, 07:16 AM
I think my hair isn't fussy. It's waist-length right now and I used to brush it with one of those evil brushes after every shower. At one time I straightened it after every shower, too; that was at least three times a week. Yet it grew to waist just fine. And I never had bad hair days.

Now I'm babying it, but really, I don't have to. :p I mean, it looks better now that I'm taking care of it and being careful what I do to it, but honestly? I could drop all my LHC ways and have hair in okay condition. It's just that okay isn't enough for me anymore. :D

Ticky
June 27th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Mine is pretty easy. I can't use any shampoo, but that's only because the harsher ones like to burn my skin. Other than that, no special combs or brushes, anything like that. Thank you, hair, for being so easy :D

MintChocChip
June 27th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Nope! I wish! I envy you girls :p

afu
June 27th, 2012, 07:21 AM
I wouldn't say my hair was easy in the same sense as yours but I certainly don't find it difficult anymore. I can't use shampoo or protein without my hair turning to straw but within CO washing it is fairly forgiving with what product I use (as long as it's protein free). I brush it with a TT when damp and work in a little oil and then it's pretty much just left alone till the next wash

LaFlor
June 27th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Now I'm babying it, but really, I don't have to. :p I mean, it looks better now that I'm taking care of it and being careful what I do to it, but honestly? I could drop all my LHC ways and have hair in okay condition. It's just that okay isn't enough for me anymore. :D

Exactly! My hair never looked that bad before starting LHC, even though I wasn't very nice to it. I still got a lot of compliments. But now my standards are definitely higher thanks to all of the wonderful longhairs here :blossom:

Long_hair_bear
June 27th, 2012, 07:27 AM
I envy you chicas! My hair doesn't mind what product I use, but it's frizzy and doesn't like going in updos, though they must be done to help preserve ends! Le sigh

AngryVikingGirl
June 27th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I do. Its only issue is greasyness, but it protects my strands in exchange. Now I've just found a VERY GOOD shampoo (noname of course - herbal), so it looks clean most of the time. I've just realized that the most harmful thing to my length were the scissors of a usual stylist. :twisted: ETA Which I had actually encountered waaay too much before LHC.

Vanille_
June 27th, 2012, 08:07 AM
You and I are hair twins. I know mine says different, but with the right conditioner my hair is 1a-1b consistently. Yup - no fuss here. My hair is really easy to manage.

Lady Neeva
June 27th, 2012, 08:13 AM
As long as I remember to use cones, my scalp should be fine. ;)

lapushka
June 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
My hair doesn't care what shampoo it is, as long as it's a harsh enough one. It also doesn't care what conditioner is used, as long as it's used twice. So yes, easy, but it definitely has its "preferences". :D

MegaMystery
June 27th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I think my hair is pretty easy. As long as I use conditioner, stretch washes and use leave-in/oil (doesn't really matter which oil either), my hair is fine. It stays in braids always and in buns as well. Pretty amazing now that I think about all the difficult-hair-threads i've seen around here lately :D

pink.sara
June 27th, 2012, 08:21 AM
If I didn't colour it so harshly and have to blow dry it so much in Winter it would behave itself perfectly.

My natural hair is straight sleek and tangle/hassle free. I can wash it with any old soap, not condition, drag a brush through it, and it will look lovely and have no damage.

But then out comes the bleach and all of a sudden it's protein/moisture balance science :)

Nightshade
June 27th, 2012, 08:22 AM
I do! Since getting rid of my damage I just wash my hair every other day (diluted shampoo and conditioner) and henna it once a month. Oh, and I mist it with water before putting it up, but that's just so the bun holds better.

LILBERT
June 27th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I do :) mines very easy to care for and not fussy at all.

Phalaenopsis
June 27th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I had easy hair! I didn't really realize until I damaged my hair with honeybleach.
My God, my hair was ridiculously easy. Just shampoo and condition every 2 days :) I didn't know what having frizzy hair meant, my hair was always smooth and flat. Can't wait to get back to that ^^

LaFlor
June 27th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Glad to see there's more of you out there :D

My natural hair is straight sleek and tangle/hassle free. I can wash it with any old soap, not condition, drag a brush through it, and it will look lovely and have no damage.

This!

I had to live at the hospital for a week when my hubby got hurt and I had no hair care products with me. I was stuck with some hospital shampoo and a fine tooth comb :mad: But my hair still looked pretty much the same anyway when the week was over.

Not that it wasn't happy to finally get some conditioner again when we got home!

LaFlor
June 27th, 2012, 08:35 AM
It seems like most of us tends to be in the 1's or 2's, F/M, ii/iii range... hmm :hmm:

I don't know very much about hair type, so does anyone think this has something to do with manageability?

longNred
June 27th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I was saying this today, as I'm having a stellar hair day and I haven't bothered to wash it in days, I've worn a top of head sock bun to bed 2 days in a row, brushed it out once, and it was raining this morning, and yet, it looks FANTASTIC. I love easy hair.

AngryVikingGirl
June 27th, 2012, 08:36 AM
You and I are hair twins. I know mine says different, but with the right conditioner my hair is 1a-1b consistently. Yup - no fuss here. My hair is really easy to manage.

Mmm...I'm not 100% sure about my hair type as I haven't clarified before, but those S-waves seemed to be there. I often find my hair look like 1b or something, but it's changeable a bit. I'm glad your hair is easy to take care of. It looks beautiful in your siggy!

RileyJane
June 27th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I always thought my hair was fussy, until ive stopped doing all the bad things thats on the LHC website. now, it seems to grow faster than anything ive ever seen, and with only 10-15 split ends every 3 months ( b/c my bf likes to ruffle my hair around! ive told him he needs to stop cuz i can literally hear my head scremaing!) lol but ever since then my hair seems really manageable.... the natural color of my hair is beautiful and shiny, and the ends even look as healthy as the top, which is what im going for!

Jessibear2854
June 27th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I feel like my hair is pretty easy. I've never paid much attention to it before LHC-lurking, and I used to do things such as blow-dry it every day, straighten a couple times per week,and brush vigorously (I miss that). Every time I would go in for a cut (which was often) the stylist would mention how healthy my hair was! Now I baby it and practice benign neglect, but I can use almost any products on it and it will be fine.

The story was different for about a year after my pregnancy. I had crazy frizz and weird little baby hairs everywhere. But yeah, my hair is pretty easy. Now if I could just get the henna to grow out faster! Haha.

Intransigentia
June 27th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I'm another one. I thought my hair was difficult (why else would I have joined?) but nope. It wasn't holding in updos because I wasn't using the right equipment: regular-size bobby pins just don't cut it past a certain size of bun. Condition-wise, all it needs is protection from the sun because it fades like crazy, being kept clean enough to keep me from feeling greasy, and something post-wash to help with detangling. Pretty much any oil or any conditioner will do the job as long as I keep it off my scalp.

Tia2010
June 27th, 2012, 08:55 AM
My hair was in good condition before I found LHC and my routine was very easy..just wash/condition and go. So I would say I have very easy hair. I do take better care of it now, but I wouldn't say my new routine was any more difficult than my pre LHC routine. Just different products.

Zindell
June 27th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I have crazy easy hair.
I wash it, I comb it, and I'm fine.

I swear to you... if I wake up too late in the morning, my coworkers won't notice if I have not combed my hair. It pretty much look the same always. Maybe slightly less in order without combing, but nothing very noticeably :hmm:

Pixie0763
June 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure if my hair is easy or I'm good at benign neglect, but either way I don't have problems with it. I CO wash it, add a couple drops of oil, & let it dry. If it looks good down that's fine; if not I pull it up. I just can't wait until it's longer and I can do more creative updos & braids with it! :)

inertia
June 27th, 2012, 09:46 AM
My hair would be easy if I lived somewhere else. In the relatively dry climate of the northeast US where I grew up, my hair behaves really well. There it's 1b/1c, basically straight and smooth but with a lot of body. It's okay with most ordinary products, doesn't need any special drying or styling techniques.

Unfortunately Tokyo is not one of those nice climates and the humidity here gives me frizz. I'm sure it's the weather, not my hair condition or care techniques, because whenever I travel overseas my hair suddenly calms down and becomes smooth for the duration of the trip.

Macaroni
June 27th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I'd consider mine easy now that I've switched to CWC.

dollyfish
June 27th, 2012, 09:59 AM
My hair is dry and frizzy, and I do have "bad" hair days... but I think my hair is pretty damn amiable. At least compared to what I read here.

There are no products my hair "hates." Coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, whatever, they all work. Protein, no protein, whatever. I've yet to use a conditioner that made my hair bad somehow (though I don't like cones if only because I prefer to keep build up to a minimum; I like my natural texture). I can experiment wildly in my routine with no problems, etc.

Plus, my hair is very malleable, so I can play with my texture easily. I think I like my hair quite a bit :D

arcane
June 27th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I accepted what my hair is several years ago. Prior to that I always thought my hair was difficult. My hair will never be stick straigt, without a halo of baby hair, or look neat 95% of the time. However to care for it it is realitively easy. It doesn't care if I use cones or not, or sls or not. It loves to be clarified, it loves moisturizing conditioner. It loves protein. The only thing my hair has hated is avacado. As long as I avoid aloe (I'm allergic) my scalp doesn't get worse beacause of hair products (I have life long scalp issues, possibly psoriasis).

patienceneeded
June 27th, 2012, 10:24 AM
My hair is pretty simple. I can go cone-free or use cones. I can use any type of oil. The only issue is I can't use sulfates unless I want my scalp to itch. I have eczema, so I have to be careful about what goes on my scalp...but my actual hair doesn't care what I do. It looks nicer now, thanks to the care tips I have learned, but products don't seem to matter much.

AlannaMaria
June 27th, 2012, 12:39 PM
My hair is pretty easy these days, but I'd be even happier with it if my bangs were grown out a little more. They were cut in a little too thick and crooked, so until they get past my chin again, I'm most likely not wearing them down. Also, my ends can be a little too flippy at times, but I don't wear it down enough to put too much worry into them. My waves have also been known to be on the frizzier side, but that seems to have settled down a little.

So yeah, my hair seems to be relatively easy to me. : )

kitschy
June 27th, 2012, 12:42 PM
The only thing my hair hates is dry combing or brushing. For me, great hair is more about method than ingredients. As long as I don't touch my hair after I start air drying it, it looks fine.

Of course my wild, crazy hair covers a multitude of hair-sins. I could whack a 2" chuck out of my hem and you probably wouldn't notice.

Tisiloves
June 27th, 2012, 12:48 PM
As long as I'm applying cones not combs it's great :)

catamonica
June 27th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I can use any kind of shampoo to. But stick with only two brands. The hard part is when I take
my hair down, on wash day. It takes five minutes to get all the snarls out, before washing.

ohmygackt
June 27th, 2012, 01:11 PM
My hair is easy in that it will stay put if I put up in a hair stick or braid it. But after I wash my hair its really curly (curlier than siggie pick) then when its dry and I brush it, it turns into a big poof T_T But after I have it up in a braid or a twisty bun it come down in silky waves, so I guess my hair is pretty easy to manage..:D

luxepiggy
June 27th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I do! (^(oo)^)/"

Even though I baby it more now by CO-washing, I used to S&C daily, then blow-dry on high. I sleep with my hair loose and don't own a brush or a comb. Usually I can just tumble out of bed and go!

gracenotes
June 27th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Mine's pretty easy! The only thing my hair really hates is hard water, but most of the time, It does what I want it to do, and any problems I have can be fixed with clarifying and moisture. It's not picky about washing routines, and it reacts reasonably well to pretty much everything I do to it.

Alva
June 27th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Mine's easy too. I don't have a complex regimen, just CW every other day. Brush in morning. I don't use oils or other stuff. My hair accepts any type of conditioner, actually, I don't even notice difference between cones and non-cones... My scalp is a bit more picky, but I got the right shampoo for that, so that is all I need. It is quite boring actually lol, but on the other hand very easy. Never need to think about it much.

Nedertane
June 27th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Meh, to a degree. It's WAY easier now with added laziness and TLHC care, but it was never too bad before.

In the way before LHC times, my hair was more difficult tangle-wise, since it was somewhat dry and damaged (largely from TRUE blow-frying, "volume" products, and a lack of good conditioners and leave-ins), but I still got a comb through, and breakage never got THAT bad. After that, I got more gentle, but still used dryer heat on it. Couldn't get it used to CO or WO washing, and I feared humidity, but I bet you it wasn't actually as bad as I thought it was...

Nowadays, it has it's preferences, but it's definitely easier-going. I get far less tangles any more! I could use cones or no cones, or even leave out leave-ins and oils, but cones and leave-ins make things way easier (and I've steadily been able to use less!). Now that I air dry all the time, I can't think for the life of me why I blow dried it so much, other than my impossible dream of volume. I used to think it didn't dry straight if I didn't blow dry it, but that's not the case in any way.

Could I leave the house without combing or brushing? Maybe, but I far prefer to actually do that - it just feels better. And some days I don't really even have to fix it at all!

elfgirl
June 27th, 2012, 02:01 PM
My hair has gotten easier to manage since I've started care that I've learned from TLHC. I can go between different shampoos and conditioners without too much trouble, and my hair seems happier and healthier overall :)

Diamond.Eyes
June 27th, 2012, 02:02 PM
My hair is definitely easy, I just choose to pamper it often, just in case :p. But my hair is naturally straight and smooth, so it is very easy to just run a wide-toothed comb through my hair without having to worry about yanking out tangles. My hair also grows fast, doesn't break off easily, and is pretty much resistant to many forms of damage. My hair holds curls well and stays nice and smooth for quite a few days after washing without getting or stringy or dry. Sometimes I wish I was born with a head full of corkscrew curls, but I'm content with my easy-going locks. :)

BlazingHeart
June 27th, 2012, 02:26 PM
My hair is as easy as can be. I prefer brushes to combs, but other than that, I'm good. Cones, no cones, even some 2-in-1 products. I can use oils, but I don't need them. As far as my hair is concerned, I can wash daily or I can wait weeks and it doesn't change much.

My scalp, on the other hand, requires relatively gentle shampoo and a regular washing schedule (1-2 times a week, no closer together and no farther apart), or else the probably-seborrheic dermatitis flares up, especially along my hairline. It's frustrating and embarrassing and until last year, I would have never believed it was possible to have pieces of scalp that big come off at once.

~Blaze

Signe
June 27th, 2012, 02:45 PM
My hair is very easy to take care of because of my lifestyle and haircare habits. I am a WO washer, so it is easy to clean it wherever I go and not have to worry about shampoos/conditioners/etc. I am product-free so i never have to go to any extra effort getting mousse or whatever out of my hair. Also, my hair-texture makes it easy to put my hair up in an elastic-free, hairstick-free style just by tying it in a knot , and it holds all day, so I don't have to worry about it when I am cheffing.
I personally love the look of messy waves and don't mind a bit of frizz/poof when i brush it out, either....but to someone else I am sure my texture and wave pattern would be considered "difficult".

UpNorth
June 28th, 2012, 01:38 AM
yes. Well, it can look bad if I don't care about it, but it takes like two minutes to comb it perfect again. like yesterday, took my braid out at work, got home by bus, did a lot of stuff and finally went asleep without any cap on, still loose on my pillow. this morning I just combed it.

kidari
June 28th, 2012, 05:45 AM
mine is very easy to care for and can take tons of abuse BUT it does look and behave much nicer when I'm more careful and treat it better

GoblinTart
June 28th, 2012, 06:12 AM
The only things I work about damaging my hair ate dyes, bleached, Perms, and scissors happy stylists. My hair doesn't like certain things, but not so much it gets damaged.

longhairedwolf
June 28th, 2012, 06:27 AM
My hair is fairly easy. My only issue is that I colour it to cover grey, so I pay a bit more attention to making sure that it's well moisturized. But other than that, I can use whatever shampoos and conditioners and combs and brushes I want. I've also never seen a split end and it almost never tangles (although in fairness it's relatively short and quite coarse).

starry
June 28th, 2012, 06:48 AM
mines ok- wo is easy and fun. I'm still getting to know my hair though too, its still short- and as it grows I'll hopefully find a super easy way to take care of it and make it look good.

I don't think that the 2b is that fuss free though because it has to become something curl wise rather than just letting it be a dodgy-straight (heat free, I'm talking).... I went to get my "bangs" or fringe as we say in AUS cut and the hairdresser could just tell straight way that it was curly- and he put some moroccan oil on the ends and showed me my hair in the mirror and I was horrified (Ill be honest) as it looks so unkempt or frizzy or frazzled or something... that's not easy to deal with.

rena
June 28th, 2012, 07:21 AM
I think mine is. All I need to keep mine happy is conditioner and a comb. I can even sleep with it out and all I need is a brush to wip it back into shape (yes I use a brush, with plastic balls on the tips). I can get away with just shampoo as long as I use it only on my roots, because it doesn't look bad to leave the ends unwashed since they wouldn't go limp and greasy looking.

I think anyone's hair can be considered "easy" as long as the one it belongs to does what works for it, and does not mistake actual health and good condition for something bad, even though the hair is just doing its natural thing, because if this particular thing is not what the person wants the hair to do, in their mind it suddenly becomes "difficult" or "unmanagable". One person's difficult, unmanagable hair is another person's easy, dream hair, and vice-versa.

GrowingGlory
June 28th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Lately my hair has been easy care. It responds best to brushing with my WIDU Bamboo brush, then with my MP BBB. Today I began sectioning it before brushing and it responded so well. After using the WIDU, I brushed with the BBB to distribute sebum to the tip of each strand. Then I coiled each brushed section around itself near my scalp to rest while I brushed the other sections. When I had brushed each section, I took them down and finger combed them. Voila! Perfect hair.

AdaClare
June 28th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Mine's pretty easy, too. It doesn't take long to brush or comb it and it usually behaves itself. haha :)

dwell_in_safety
June 28th, 2012, 05:39 PM
My hair is extremely easy to manage, honestly. If I kept it up all the time and still used S+C, did no oilings, etc I would likely have minimal splits, if any. It always does what I want. The few times I have used heat to style, it has always held either a curl or straightness readily. I've never needed hair spray to hold any kind of waves or curl especially, whether created by heat or by braids. Unless I go too long without washing, it always looks good. *shrug*

elbow chic
June 28th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I'm not one of those people who can wash it with a palmful of shower gel, shake it twice and head out the door looking like a shampoo commercial.

But it's also not very fussy about what products I use. It's abundant, soft, and surprisingly split-resistant. Its main downside is that it's a pain in the rear to detangle. It wants to form dreadlocks. I don't plan to let it. :p

swearnsue
June 28th, 2012, 07:08 PM
My hair is easy so far. No splits, no breakage and no tangles. BUT it is very short so I expect problems in the future!

jillosity
June 28th, 2012, 07:40 PM
When I'm not trying to remove henna and henndigo, mine is pretty easy too. It's taken all this recent abuse (2 Color Oops, 13+ Vitamin C and shampoo treatments, 2 baking soda & shampoo, extra washings, some semi-permanent color) with zero damage, only shedding which doesn't normally happen in great quantities.

jacqueline101
June 28th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Mine goes up easy doesn't require a lot of stiffening products.

racrane
June 28th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Once I learned what works and stuck to a routine, my hair has become very easy. (It wasn't in high school, but hey, I was brushing very wavy hair.) I can use whatever's cheapest and I put it up and it's fine. I am lucky, or maybe just overly content. :D

bumblebums
June 29th, 2012, 04:44 AM
I don't know what people mean by "detangling"... my hair never tangles.

Mesmerise
June 29th, 2012, 06:26 AM
My hair used to be easy... in that I could just leave it and it'd look okay. Now though, it's not so good... a bit too stringy at the ends (due to shedding :() and frizziness (due to previous heat straightening).

However, to actually DO my hair is super easy. For an experiment I decided how long it would take me to do my hair from the moment I took the towel off my head.

It took me 1 minute 36 seconds exactly to have my hair combed, slicked back with a Tangle Teezer and in a bun (with spin pins). So yeah, that is from wet, uncombed hair to hair that is done in a relatively neat bun.

On the other hand, if I were to wear my hair loose... it'd probably be 15 seconds :D. I haven't timed the actual "detangling" process though (I say "detangling" because it really is just combing... I rarely find a tangle at all, sometimes just a small one that's really easy to fix).

Lissandria
June 29th, 2012, 06:37 AM
My hair isn't too picky re products and is pretty easy to care for now I have fine tuned my routine- it looks pretty good most of the time. It seldom tangles.
However- it is not easy in the sense that it requires babying for it to get any length past shoulder and it doesn't take heat/chemicals/bleach well at all.

Astraea
June 29th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Easy and very forgiving. I'm the problem. Once I find a new product or ingredient, I like to dump 1-pound of it on my hair 3x a day for the next 2 months and not wash it or restyle it. It eventually says 'to hell with you'. I've recently atoned (shaved) and am now in rehab - again - and it's fine and growing like a weed.

Anje
June 29th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Mine's not difficult, so long as I'm gentle. Benign neglect is my usual treatment.

CO washing means the baby hairs don't frizz up as much as they do when I shampoo, though. Leave-ins are unnecessary and usually annoy me. My hair does tangle, but not terribly if I'm not using leave-ins, silicones, or proteins. I prefer to wear it up most of the time, which minimizes what tangling I would have.

Being careful of products might strike some as a difficult, I suppose. But I know what conditioners work for CO washing, and two quick washes a week aren't a hardship.

PolarCathy
June 29th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Easy and very forgiving. I'm the problem. Once I find a new product or ingredient, I like to dump 1-pound of it on my hair 3x a day for the next 2 months and not wash it or restyle it. It eventually says 'to hell with you'. I've recently atoned (shaved) and am now in rehab - again - and it's fine and growing like a weed.

Ahahhahhaha thanks for making my day, I laughed so hard :D :rolling: :rolling:

elousays
June 29th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I have easy, straight, cooperative hair but a fussy scalp. I just have to make sure to use the right shampooing method on my scalp because it gets oily/flaky/ and built up easily. Over the years I've figured out what my scalp likes and doesn't like, but for the length I can do anything I want.

trolleypup
June 29th, 2012, 09:56 AM
I have easy, straight, cooperative hair but a fussy scalp. I just have to make sure to use the right shampooing method on my scalp because it gets oily/flaky/ and built up easily. Over the years I've figured out what my scalp likes and doesn't like, but for the length I can do anything I want.
Exactly this, except for the not quite straight hair.

Amanah
June 29th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Now that I have found the right CO wash conditioner, the right oil blend, the right number of days to CO wash, and just put my hair up every day, my hair is easy.

Cowgirl16
June 29th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I have easy hair :) I had grown it to tailbone prior to joining LHC and it was in pretty good shape. I really don't do a lot of things different now other than I've added some oils, ACV rinse and found some great homemade deep conditioners.
My hair tends to grow fast and I get some splits but they don't take over my head.
I pretty much wash and wear my hair :D

CurlyCurves
June 30th, 2012, 10:14 AM
My hair is pretty 'easy'. But because I am so paranoid about damage, I do a lot to it.

AutumnLocks
July 31st, 2012, 04:50 PM
As I've said before, the only times I've had any real problems with my hair was when I tried to make it be something it's not. If I use too many heat styling methods it gets dry and frissy. If I stretch my washes it gets greasy looking and smells awful. If I color it I don't have much trouble out of it unless it's bleach then there will be problems. I find the less I do to my hair the better it behaves. Wash 1 to 2 times a week in hot weather, brush when it's dry, remove tangles when it's wet with a wide toothed comb or pick, conditioner if it feels dry, braid when I go out and a jaw clip when I'm just chilling at home. I think long hair is really low maintainence, at least for me it is.

earthnut
July 31st, 2012, 05:00 PM
I don't (I won't) do any complicated or difficult routines on my hair. I am an uncompromising "wash-n-go" girl. But my hair is kinda picky about what easy routine I use. :p

Shermie Girl
July 31st, 2012, 05:07 PM
My hair is pretty easy... Plenty of sulphates, purple shampoo to kill my brassies, plenty of cones, a little leave in, a little oil... My hair is not too fussy about brands; drugstore... Salon. Whatever. :shrug: As long as I steer clear of vinegar and sulphate free shampoo, my hair is good to go. :D

Deborah
July 31st, 2012, 05:20 PM
My hair is, and always has been very easy. It's straight as a stick, sleek and shiny, it grows like weeds, and I just leave it that way.

Years ago I used to try to get it to curl with rollers. My school roommates found it funny to see me try to get it on those rollers. The ends simply would not bend around the rotten things most days, and would spring free if given any chance. I finally decided that straight hair was just fine.

Today I hear many wishing their hair was this straight. They need to learn the same thing: It's not worth the fight. Let it be what it is and you can be really happy with it then.

one_fine_lady
July 31st, 2012, 05:51 PM
I have SUPER easy hair in comparison to some of the post I have been reading. I'm not always very nice to it, but it is simple to manage. My only complaints are that I have an oily scalp and that my hair will never ever hold a curl.

However, thank you ladies and gentlemen for all of the wonderful advice. Since I have joined the LHC my hair is much happier and I being much nicer to it. :)