PDA

View Full Version : Time for my hair typing!

firevegan
June 26th, 2012, 11:34 PM
http://s1059.photobucket.com/albums/t430/HeatherHenna/

Sorry, LHCF won't let me upload pictures for some reason.

I'm very very confused about my hair type.>.<

Tisiloves
June 26th, 2012, 11:36 PM
I would venture 1c, maybe 2a.

MissManda
June 26th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Provided the pics show your hair clarified, untouched, and air-dried, I would say your hair looks at least 1c. It might get wavier as your hair grows longer. :)

firevegan
June 26th, 2012, 11:52 PM
1c! I hope so. It's untouched and air-dried but not clarified because I'm scared of shampoo. I would love wavy hair. I'll upload more pics to be sure though hold on. Henna'd ones.

ETA- I uploaded a ton more. Shampooed(because I had to =(, conditioned, and untouched.

firevegan
June 27th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Wow I'm starting to see the 1c you guys are talking about. I just remembered some school pictures as a kid. I need more votes to be ABSOLUTELY sure.

jeanniet
June 27th, 2012, 12:51 AM
I'd say 1c, but you might see more wave with more length. Henna can pull wave out, BTW.

red-again
June 27th, 2012, 01:01 AM
1b/1c for now but my hair is like yours at shoulder and I am a 2a and may go up the twos as it gets longer. Another annoying thing to "wait and see" for!,

Never knew hair could be this much fun!

Zesty
June 27th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Like others, I'm thinking 1c for now, with a possibility of 2 territory as you get longer. My hair at shorter lengths tends to be bendy/flippy like that (possibly even more so, although I always had more layers at that length), but for me it straightens out some and becomes less noticeable as my hair gets longer. So depending on how your hair behaves as you grow, you'll be able to decide on 1c or 2a+.

Mesmerise
June 27th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Hair is funny, which means it's hard to hairtype at shorter lengths! Some people's hair seems to get straighter as it gets longer, while others gets curlier (mine seems to get straighter BUT I have been hennaing monthly for almost 18 months now... sooooo it's also possible it's just henna pulling out my waves... I'm about to downgrade to 1c because it no longer looks 2a!).

When my hair was shorter, and before I started hennaing I would have thought 2a/2b (before I joined LHC though... so I'm basing on remembering how my hair used to be).

So anyway, I think you should go with 1c for now, but be prepared to change it as your hair grows longer!

firevegan
June 27th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Aww it sucks that henna will take that away. I love henna but I've always dreamed of long wavy hair.

Mesmerise
June 27th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Aww it sucks that henna will take that away. I love henna but I've always dreamed of long wavy hair.

Well it doesn't seem to affect everyone's hair the same way! But yeah, I guess it is a risk. And to be honest, I'm not really sure if it's the henna making my hair straighter or not (although... it was longer when I joined LHC than it is now, and was also wavier... so I'm leaning towards the henna). However, it didn't happen straight away. I think maybe doing full applications of henna each month has just super saturated my hair (I'm too lazy to try and do root only applications) which may have more of an effect than if you just touch up roots, or don't henna as often (I do it monthly to cover my grays!! I'd probably do it a bit less frequently if I wasn't graying).