PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on TheraNeem shampoo, olefin sulfonate?

GlennaGirl
June 26th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Hey all!

I'm looking for a gentle shampoo. Regular shampoos are leaving my and my littlest son's hair so dry. (My middle one seems fine but my youngest and I have thin, fine hair...don't know if there's a connection.)

CO just isn't working for me lately...no idea why...thought I'd try a shampoo in the meantime. But sulfate-free 'poos make my hair a greasy, drippy mess. I've tried quite a few.

Any opinions on the ingredients in this shampoo (TheraNeemm Naturals Gentle Therape)? The olefin sulfonate seems pretty far down on the list...could that make a difference? I've read this ingredient can be very harsh but I see sulfates close to the beginning of most labels. Here's the list:

aqueous extract of azadirachta indica (neem) leaf;, chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flowers, arnica cordifolia, pinus sylvestris (pine) bark, ocimum basillicum (basil) and prunus serotina (cherry) bark, olefin sulfonate, polysorbate 20, alkyl polyglucoside, lauramide DEA, peg-7 glyceryl cocoate, azadirachta indica (neem) oil, kosher glycerin, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, sodium chloride (sea salt), pantehnol, fragrance (from natural ingredients), citric acid.

Thanks!

prettykitty
June 26th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I don't know that much about all the ingredients with long names, but wanted to mention that Neem seed oil has proved incredibly soothing and refreshing to my scalp.

meteor
June 27th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Actually, that list of ingredients sounds very good to me. I think it will be extremely soothing to scalp.
And I second prettykitty on neem oil: it's exceptional for scalp health. But I only used it in oil mixes, not in shampoo.

GlennaGirl
June 27th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks to both of you!

prettykitty
June 27th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Glennagirl, it's a little off topic but I just love that you call your hair 'straivy'! Best word ever!

GlennaGirl
June 27th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Glennagirl, it's a little off topic but I just love that you call your hair 'straivy'! Best word ever!

Thank you so much...I "borrowed" it from Anje so I can't take the credit. But I feel it thoroughly describes this type of hair. :p