PDA

View Full Version : Scalp question / issue

Arden
June 26th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Ok, so just recently I learned that my hair type was wavy... only I have spent my life treating it stright.... Over the last few days I started using the curly girl method... I went to the salon here in town that specializes in the Deva Curl products and had the girl show me the techniqe....

Last night my scalp felt just a little bit irritated... tonight it's alot more irriatated.... So here is my though process...

One - The girl who showed me the "proper" way to do this really really scrubbed my scalp... it didnt hurt or anything but she was super deep when she scrubbed it... I have never ever scubbed my own scalp like that... Today when I washed I wanted to recreate what she did so I also scrubbed my scalp really hard too....

BUT - I also have some concern that it might be an allergy....

The only reason I'm debating about it though is thet the irritated feeling doesnt seem to be everywhere on my head... it seems mostly focused around the crown and top of my head..... around the front of my hair line doesnt feel like that... and the nape of my neck and the left side of my head doesnt either... it feels a little touch to the right side....

I donno.... She also recomended a diffrent gel from what I was using...

What do you guys think?

and how can I figure it out?

Arden
June 26th, 2012, 09:09 PM
btw it is super hard to take pictures of the top of your own head but here are a couple just so you can see... sort of...

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj558/Marcie_Coleman/1IFScalp.jpg

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj558/Marcie_Coleman/2OFScalp.jpg

arcane
June 26th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Try the product on the inside of your elbow. If you react to it you know it's an allergy, if you don't react to it you know it's the scrubbing.

Seeshami
June 26th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Skin is weird, it could be really angry with you for scrubbing it like it has never been scrubbed before and it could be an allergy. I would rinse really well with water and see if that helps. You could also mermaid swish around in a tub of water with some baking soda, that always helped my crazy stupid face reactions.

Arden
June 26th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks so much guys... I'll try the patch test on my skin before I use it again.... and I'll try the baking soda too and see if that helps...

I really hope it's not the products though because my hair is so soft and nice right now... I really love what it's doing for my hair... but my scalp pure hates me right now

Arden
June 26th, 2012, 11:10 PM
I went and rinsed my scalp really really well with just water and pulled it up into a pinapple bun... It still itches but at the moment it seems to be a little better... i'm making myself keep my hands off it too cause I'm sure poking at it isn't helping...

Sorry about my bathroom mess there... I was just in fits with my head and compleatly spaced... how ya like my pluckers? lol

Once again, Thank you guys SO so very much. Especially that you responded so quickly. I posted on another hair board as well and if I'd been on fire I'd have burned to death, cause they've yet to respond....

You guys are really super awsome! :::HUGS::: to you all... Thank you

Seeshami
June 27th, 2012, 10:40 PM
No problem, I hope all is well with your scalp. I get the chili peppers on my face tingle when I use the wrong stuff, it was horrible. I would never wish that feeling on anyone or let anyone suffer it when I know something that might help.