PDA

View Full Version : Long hair in hilo

fae
August 1st, 2008, 07:23 PM
I stopped at the gas station to put gas and the lady running the register had gorgeous long hair down to her middle thighs. I told her I loved her hair and left. As I was walking to my car, I thought i should tell her about TLHC. Gave her the address. Dont know if she will join, but it would be nice to have someone else from here.

ETA by Dianyla: I'm removing the actual name/location. I'd hate for someone to go stalk her in person after reading this on the internet.

walkinglady
August 1st, 2008, 10:22 PM
Hope she joins us, with hair that long I'm sure she could share some good advice with us!

manderly
August 1st, 2008, 10:27 PM
Hilo, Hawaii? Everyone has long hair in Hawaii. I'm surrounded. No matter how long my hair is, someone else will always have longer hair than me. :(

Little old 90 year old grandmas have more intricate buns on top their heads than I will ever master. 19 year old polynesian beauties always pull their hair out of a self-holding knot and let it all flow down in front of them while waiting for the bus or something!

It's a long hair mecca! :D

fae
August 1st, 2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah Manderly, you have a point. I have seem many people with long(er) hair. We have a lady that lives in our complex thar has hair down to her knees. And the assistant manager here has hair down to her calves. Ive never had the nerve to walk up to someone and mention this site, so thats different.

I just dont know how a long hair meet would go over. I have no idea if these people are really into their hair.

papillon
August 2nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
ooh.. Hilo.. I've never been, but I'd like to go sometime, especially during the Merrie Monarch Hula Festival. It must turn into long hair central during that time, since the dancers are practically required to have long hair and make it curly and wavy for competition at that level. :D

fae
August 5th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Dianyla,
thank you for editing that. I hadn't even thought about that.

Merrie Monarch does have many dancers with long hair, some who have really thick and healthy locks.

I don't think I have really seen anyone dancer with longer than maybe hip or TBL.
But its amazing to watch the dedication of the kumu hula and the students. Alot of the halau start practicing for the next years competition as soon as the previous one ends.