PDA

View Full Version : Hair anomaly, or is it something..... else??

Blackfire
June 26th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I recently started WO, so obviously my hair is really greasball lately, and also ive been preening and grooming myself like a squirrel. Anyway, I noticed something that I didnt before, im sure it was always there... but I dont know why.

Basically right on the top back of my skull there is what feels like a large...."crack" for lack of a better word. maybe 3 iches long, it just feels like the skull separates there.

THAT I knew about already. Now on either side of the crack, there is what looks like a part in the hair. like it just naturaly wants to part in two places around this crack.

I had noticed that that piece of hair had always behaved wierd but didnt notice the parts around the crack or anything else. It looks almost like scar tissue is the parts, like it was cut at one time. its kinda creeping me out... I dont remember ever injuring myself there... Anyone else have anything like this??? Or know what the heck it is???

henné
June 26th, 2012, 02:34 PM
I have a rather pronounced 'dent' there ... Maybe ask your mom about it ...

Dovetail
June 26th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I agree with asking your mom, or dad? You could have been injured as a baby or small child and never remembered! I had six toes on one foot when I was born and had one removed as a toddler. I have a crazy scar and I wouldn't know a thing about it if I hadn't been told.
I have a dent in that area sort of. Isn't that where a baby's "soft spot" is too? Also, when we are young our skull is in several small parts, and as you grow up the quickly fuse together to be solid (right?) and that's why your told to be so careful with a baby. Maybe yours just didn't fuse all the way? I'm not an expert or anything at all though, Im pretty much just guessing. I'm glad it isn't something that is harming you though <3

Blackfire
June 26th, 2012, 02:45 PM
My mom died last year, and my dad left me and my mom before I was born so probably no luck there :( I asked her about the crack one time and she said she had left me with her friend that had dropped me off a countertop once (ouch)... COULD be from that but why would the hair grow so wierd there? ...

Wow, six toes?? thats way more interesting them my thing!

sun-kissed
June 26th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I just recently discovered my soft spot; boy did it hurt when I pushed too hard! If you've got scar tissue there, I'd agree in thinking it was one of those childhood accidents. I have a scar on my head, myself, from crawling off the front porch as a baby. The scar swells seasonally in the fall, for some strange reason. :rolleyes: