PDA

View Full Version : Hair tinsel users! Read me please!:)

GoldberryHair
June 26th, 2012, 10:38 AM
HEY LADIES!

So I'm thinking of trying some "hair tinsel" because I saw it at my local mall and I think it looks sooo pretty, especially if you do it in a colour close to your hair then it's like sparkly hair hehe,

but I have some questions, I know you tie it in and all, but is it damaging to the parts you tie it to? And how well does it stand up to washing/styling?

How long do they usually last?

And what's the best way to get them out?

luxepiggy
June 26th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I LOVE hair tinsel! Sparkles (*(oo)*)

I've been wearing hair tinsel regularly for over a year. I tie mine to individual strands of hair and have not noticed any damage to the strands themselves. Now that I've got the hang of tying them in properly, they last for several months and stand up very well to washing & styling (bear in mind, though, that I'm a finger comber, so I don't know what effect regular brushing/combing might have). The tinsel will come out on its own when the hair that it's tied to sheds naturally.

This thread has a lot of info: Hair Flairs / Bling Strands / Hair Tinsel (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=23916&highlight=bling+strands)

jacqueline101
June 26th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I never did a tinsel but a bling strand. I had mine clamped in with a jewelers o ring. It last a long life time it last up to regular washes sheds out. I use a wide tooth comb to comb no problem.