PDA

View Full Version : Color oops emergency?

Rufflebutt
June 26th, 2012, 08:31 AM
So I used color oops. I did my whole head, and my roots turned blonde while my length turned one shade off from black. I bought another box of color oops and put it on my length and it didn't make much more of a difference. To my surprise, my roots darkened to a medium reddish brown. -phew- I thought I was going to have to walk around with black hair and blonde roots for a while.

Anyways... my hair feels really weird. Normally it's super soft and extremely smooth. But right now it feels so dry and crunchy. But not like a bleach dry. It's not brittle and there's no split ends.. yet.

But I hate this dryness. Is it because my hair is pourus? There's no Sally's or Ulta nearby. And my local walmart has no protein masks for hair. :X
Can anyone help me? I want my old texture back.

Louise148
June 26th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Coconut oil may help. When I damaged my hair earlier on this year I slept every night with coconut oil on, washed in the morning and then left a good keratin based conditioner on for a good 10 mins.

It all helped but in the end I cut the damage off. This wasn't too bad for me as my layers were only about 4 inches long. I had 2 inches cut off and started to grow again. I have just regained my lost 2 inches and the condition is really good now.

Damaged cannot really be reversed only managed. And nothing will really fix it over night you need to paitiently keep conditioning and oiling until it starts to strengthen a little.

Sorry I'm probably not really a great help.

Lou x

pink.sara
June 26th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Moisture!!
You don't need a protein reconstructor after Colour B4 (unless your hair is previously heavily bleached in which case removing the dye particles may have left hair porous.)
But...Normally the extra long rinsing process makes hair very very dry and a little bit brittle and prone to breakage. So moisture is your friend. Try it first.

Protein at this stage could dry it even more and cause breakage. :)

ETA: Also, colour B4 shouldn't cause any lasting damage which warrants cutting, I've recently used it 3 times in the space of a few days to remove black and go red and after some moisture treatments it was back to normal.

Rufflebutt
June 26th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Coconut oil may help. When I damaged my hair earlier on this year I slept every night with coconut oil on, washed in the morning and then left a good keratin based conditioner on for a good 10 mins.

It all helped but in the end I cut the damage off. This wasn't too bad for me as my layers were only about 4 inches long. I had 2 inches cut off and started to grow again. I have just regained my lost 2 inches and the condition is really good now.

Damaged cannot really be reversed only managed. And nothing will really fix it over night you need to paitiently keep conditioning and oiling until it starts to strengthen a little.

Sorry I'm probably not really a great help.

Lou x

Well I don't think it's really DAMAGE... Because on LHC people are always talking about how it didn't damage their hair one bit. And other than dryness and my hair tangling more easily, there's nothing else. No split ends, no breaking, no signs of it being weak. Just super super dry. But my hair is really strong and I've abused it before with minimal consequence.

I'm rubbing lots of EEVO and leave in conditioner into it. It's helping a little bit.

Rufflebutt
June 26th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Moisture!!
You don't need a protein reconstructor after Colour B4 (unless your hair is previously heavily bleached in which case removing the dye particles may have left hair porous.)
But...Normally the extra long rinsing process makes hair very very dry and a little bit brittle and prone to breakage. So moisture is your friend. Try it first.

Protein at this stage could dry it even more and cause breakage. :)
That's my plan at the moment as well! I washed it 4 times in the shower with Main and Tail shampoo. So that's probably one of the biggest causes for why it's dry.
I'm rubbing every hair-moisturizing product into my hair that I can find right now. It's helping a bit. I'm going to dry a lot of heavy oilings for the next few days. Maybe that will help with the smell as well. (The reviews weren't lying when they said it would stick around!)

Tisiloves
June 26th, 2012, 09:08 AM
After I colour b4'd I did a 12hour, very heavy evoo and a mega condition and it was fine as it was going to be (this was 3 days post perm, I assume you're not as stupid as I was). So, yeah just keep oiling and conditioning and it should be fine.:blossom:

pink.sara
June 26th, 2012, 09:11 AM
That's my plan at the moment as well! I washed it 4 times in the shower with Main and Tail shampoo. So that's probably one of the biggest causes for why it's dry.
I'm rubbing every hair-moisturizing product into my hair that I can find right now. It's helping a bit. I'm going to dry a lot of heavy oilings for the next few days. Maybe that will help with the smell as well. (The reviews weren't lying when they said it would stick around!)

Haha, I can be quite.... fragrant can't it :hmm:

And the Mane n Tail would definitely do it :horse:

I ended up putting a moisturising cone free conditioner in, then wrapping it up on top of my head in a bun and sleeping in it a few times in a fortnight.

When I washed it out in the morning (only with diluted shampoo as full strength just drys it out more) it smelt a million times better and felt fine.

HTH.

afu
June 26th, 2012, 09:32 AM
my advice would be to try to load as much moisture into your hair as possible, try to avoid protein at this stage (unless you've done a strand stretch test and know you need it)

akilina
June 26th, 2012, 10:26 AM
To get rid of the smell I always do a really good smelling moisture treatment after. It makes it go away.
I wonder why the color oops didn't really do anything for you? Thats kind of weird. I have always had success with it.