PDA

View Full Version : Is A Little Oil In The Hair Sexy On A Guy?

snowcloud
June 25th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Truthfully, I like my hair when it is a bit oily. It is stronger, protected from the elements and carries a certain style.

The moments I remember my hair feeling the sexiest were after long nights of partying, dancing and other unmentionable activites.. It is in these sweaty and rather feint moments that I remeber having a glimpse of my self in the mirror, looking at my locks and stroking them back into the palm of my hand thinking.. Damn.. just damn :cool:

is that sexy?... Do you girls like a guy that is a little rugged with a little bit of dirt and grime?..

This has been a puzzling question to me for the longest time..

EDIT: I had to edit this so I could add a picture of myself after an actual night out on the town.. This was early morning with no sleep and by the way, my hair still smells like ylang ylang from the shampoo I made the day before ;)

http://allyouneedtoknow.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/sun-in-hair-early-morning.png

Is that too dirty?

Shiranshoku
June 25th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Meh, if you look into the mirror and think 'rawr', the extra confidence will do more for your sex appeal than the actual look of your hair, imho.

But then again, I really like the smell of clean male sweat. So not day(s) old ripeness, ewwww, but fresh sweat. Pheromones and such, I suppose. So that might make a difference too.

ETA: hair colour matters too! My SO has black hair, and I find that it takes on an oily sheen very quickly and I don't like that very much. My previous BF was blonde like you, and his hair never looked greasy.

Tia2010
June 25th, 2012, 05:50 PM
If the rugged, sweaty look to his hair is from a long night of dancing, partying and other unmentionable activities...that's fine. Sexy even :) but if it's because he doesn't like to wash then no, not sexy at all.

battles
June 25th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I think it depends. I really like for a guy to have nice smelling, clean hair.

But I agree that the extra confidence is sexy!

winteriscoming
June 25th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I agree. It's ok if it's after a long night of partying but not if he doesn't wash his hair. I like my men to smell clean

CurlyCap
June 25th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Maybe.

Basically, when it comes to hair, I see no difference between whether it's on a guy's head or a girls. It had to look and smell nice. No passes because the hair belongs to a guy.

So if it's oilier that would be typical on a woman....probably not.

LaFlor
June 25th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Hubby always puts oil in his hair to make it look better. I like it :D It seems like most of the latino guys around here oil their hair as well. I guess natural oil would give the same effect.

Although I have to say I think it looks cooler with darker hair... my dad has shoulder length blonde hair and has tried to do that only to look dirty :shrug:

blondie9912
June 25th, 2012, 07:29 PM
It REALLY depends. A classmate of mine has this great thick hair that always seemed to have a bit of something in it, and it repulsed me, to be frank. Perhaps it was a combination of that and his personality, but I would prefer guys with clean hair!

cheetahfast
June 25th, 2012, 07:37 PM
I don't know...but I sat next to a man on the train and he smelled familiar.

I couldn't figure it out, but just before I got off it hit me!
He had coconut oil in his hair! I could tell since you could see it was slicked back...plus the smell had finally been recognized by my brain.

Darkessa
June 25th, 2012, 08:12 PM
It really depends.
On thicker hair, a bit of grease can do wonders in making it look stylishly piecey.
But on thinner hair, it can just make it look gross/unkempt.
And of course, as long as it doesnt smell bad. :P

I also agree with Shiranshoku, the confidence does amazing things to make a person more appealing.

Seeshami
June 25th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Muffin's hair is a grand total of 2 inches long, maybe. But when his hair is oily it is not a hot mess it's just a mess. However, the longer the hair the easier it is to pull off the look. Muffin cannot do it. I laugh at him and chase him with my evil bbb that I use to play with the cats:D

snowcloud
June 25th, 2012, 08:16 PM
It seems that fresh greasiness is the way to go.. Lol that is what I had in mind anyway.. like how your hair gets a little saturated from dancing and sweating although it is already clean..

Old, crusty oil an dirt is just filthy :p

Darkessa
June 25th, 2012, 08:19 PM
It seems that fresh greasiness is the way to go.. Lol that is what I had in mind anyway.. like how your hair gets a little saturated from dancing and sweating although it is already clean..

Old, crusty oil an dirt is just filthy :p

Precisely.

Just make sure to make it seem clean at the same time! :D
My Fiance has incredibly fine and soft hair, while it was long... It would look disgustingly greasy within a few hours after washing. Sad...
Now he just buzzes his head every few weeks. Problem solved! lol

long&blonde
June 25th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I agree with what you said, exactly.
I prefer the scent of sweat, of a person after a day and night of enjoyment.
I am however, from another generation, at 57, an old hippie.
And I Have noticed by observing my youngun coworkers:todays attractive seems to depend upon serious attentive grooming. Compared to my generation. Maybe you should have come of age in the 70s too, lol!
Good luck out there!

Rufflebutt
June 25th, 2012, 08:38 PM
It depends. My boyfriend still looks and smells pretty good even if he doesn't shower a couple days. But I still prefer him fresh out of the shower.

I dated a guy once who refused to take showers and his hair was always absolutely gruesome. I don't even know why I dated him. But that put me off of greasy hair completely.

snowcloud
June 26th, 2012, 09:53 AM
It seems that a majority of your girls prefer some confidence in your man.. That is good to hear :D

SoulOfTheSea
June 26th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Well, my boyfriend's hair, even when he showers, seems to always be a little bit greasy, so I think he doesn't know how to wash his hair properly! But he has really thick, dark, wurly hair that basically hides it and needs that little bit of natural oil in it to keep it soft. So it's fine in his case.

On the other hand, when I think of blonde, fine hair that is greasy I think of Kurt Cobain and all his majestic Grunginess... now he was very attractive with his greasy hair. Then again, all those men from the Grunge era were attractive with their long greasy hair... :D

If I see a guy on the street sporting the grunge look, I think it's pretty darn attractive. But I wouldn't be close enough to tell if he smells or not due to his hair, so I can't really say if I love it or not.

Basically it all depends on perspective!

snowcloud
June 26th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Aight.. I had to edit my original post to add a picture. :p Tell me if that is too dirty or not..

Nellon
June 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM
You look pretty awesome in that picture I must say :) I'm sure you're a heartbreaker.
Don't worry, I think it looks ok. As long as it doesn't smell too bad :)

My bf har hair similar to yours, just longer, and he only washes it once a week or something, I never minded at all.

Arden
June 26th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I personally think this whole devil may care business has alot to do with why guys tend to have nicer / prettier hair... your hair needs those natural oils... women complain about dryness and such but we also obsessively bath and primp and clean constantly.... It's good to let your hair get "dirty" ....now sexy? Thats just a matter of opinuion..

I like nerdy guys and good ol boy types who are lean and tone and not overly metro... but the sterotypical 'sexy" man is that buff male model type (who's most likely gay) ..cant get with that.. I keep thinking what a priss

shutterpillar
June 26th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I do think a little bit of oil (from your own sebum, or in my husbands case, from raiding my coconut oil stash) definitely looks nice. It gives the hair texture and I love that. But, that being said I do think there is a fine line that you need to walk in between just the right amount of oil, and so much that you look greasy. Greasy, to me, is not attractive.

I think the picture you posted is a perfect amount. Looks nice. :) Gives it texture without looking greasy.

Dovetail
June 26th, 2012, 11:02 AM
How it is in that picture is fine, it doesn't look greasey at all. And since you mentioned that it still smells fine, I think it'd be awesome. Also I like your goat beard! (Or what ever guys call those)

SoulOfTheSea
June 26th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I can't really tell from the picture actually, the angle prevents me from seeing the roots! But from that picture, no, it doesn't look too greasy. Very Kurt Cobain-ish!