PDA

View Full Version : Frizz No Matter What?

ncgal25
June 25th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Ive been gone for a while. Thought i was going to join the Renegrays but Im still coloring....:(

I need a haircut/trim, but Im trying to wait til I have the extra money to visit the salon. So in the meantime, Id like to know how to tame this frizz!!!

Every time I get any length in my hair it gets extremely poofy and frizzy on the ends? The ends are damaged I imagine??

Ive done 2 coconut oil treatments. Ive tried the stuff that is supposed to be like Wen from Sallys- its called Hair One (which is sulfate free)

My hair dresser has been coloring my roots for about a year now.

Id guess Im 75% gray? I dont know what to do anymore? Its like my hair wont respond to deep conditioning? My hair color looks dull? My ends are frizzy.

The coconut oil helped if feel softer but the frizz is not any better??? Any suggestions :confused: Thanks

prettyhairisred
June 25th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Leave in conditioner! Stopping coloring helped my hair soooo much, but I understand that it's a personal descision you might not want to take.
Wen has helped my hair a lot!! I don't know if a knockoff will be as good as the original :P
Maybe your hair is aging too? I don't know as my head of hair is still young enough but that could be a factor.
Tried olive oil? Deep conditioning underneath a shower cap or, head wrapped in plastic wrap? That's. A technique that helped me a lot. You blast the wrapped heavily conditioned hair with warm air for 5 minutes, then wait enother five minutes. Rinse out your hair and IT WILL BE SO SMOOTH! Heat helps stuff penetrate. olive oil can be used as a cheap leave in conditioner too. Well hope that helps a bit! The frizz fights different for everyone.

spidermom
June 25th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Nothing brings on the frizz like breaking up your curl or wave pattern by combing, except humidity, of course. To prevent frizz, you could try combing the conditioner through in the shower, rinsing with lukewarm or cool water, then leaving your hair completely alone while it dries. It's harder to tame the frizz once it occurs. For me, using some sort of smoothing product, like coney serum or aloe vera gel, then bunning for awhile, will tame the frizz monster.

MinderMutsig
June 25th, 2012, 06:18 PM
It could be that you are actually wavier or even curlier than you think and that your hair just needs a bit of length to fully form the pattern. I'd try a variation of the curly girl method for a couple of washes (CO, leave-in, gel of some kind, no touching while drying) to see what happens.

Madora
June 25th, 2012, 06:23 PM
You might want to try a little mineral oil to help tame the frizz (just a few drops - less than 4 - on damp hair). To make it easier to apply, put the MO in a small cap, then coat a Q-tip with the oil, then apply the Q-tip to the surface of your palms and fingers. Then run your hands through your hair -- or wherever you want the MO.

Bene
June 25th, 2012, 06:24 PM
You just might be a closeted wavy.

bumblebums
June 25th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Have you tried plopping (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/to-plop-or-not-to-plop)? It works especially well if you put some conditioner on the ends or oil your hair before it dries.

jojo
June 25th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I agree with the comments you are a secret wavy and also 2nd the suggestion of trying MO to tame it!

Wildcat Diva
June 25th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I agree with the above suggestion about 2-3 drops of mineral oil on damp hair.

MinderMutsig
June 25th, 2012, 06:55 PM
FYI: MO doesn't work for everyone. My hair felt dreadful on it. But considering the stellar results some on here have with it I'd definitely recommend you try it a couple of times.

bumblebums
June 25th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Stopping by again after peeking in your profile. I doubt you're a 1a/b, judging by the serious wave you have in the bob photo. I suspect you are a 2a at least. True 1a/b types don't need to iron their hair and do not have frizz problems; if anything, they struggle with a lack of body in their hair. So you really might benefit from adjusting your routine and handling to a curlier type.

Tisiloves
June 25th, 2012, 07:33 PM
I'm going to go with everyone else and say you're a secret wavy, at bob length I'm not sure I could have managed the wave you have going if I tried.