PDA

View Full Version : Finally got around to hair typing!

thystle
June 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Okay, so I had time today to wash and air dry. I usually wet/damp bun, so this was a trial! I had the hardest time leaving my hair alone so it would dry according to directions. :cool:

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/thystlemoon/my%20hair%20progress/th_myhairtypingphoto.jpg (http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/thystlemoon/my%20hair%20progress/?action=view&current=myhairtypingphoto.jpg)

Anyway, after looking at the wonderful picture my boy Sk8monkey took, this is how I type it: 2b/F/ii. Maybe a 2c?

He also measured my length, which was 43" (another inch!), and my ponytail, which was 4". I do have a little bit of fringe, but I don't think it would add much there.

So now I feel like a real member, putting up a hair typing picture of my very own! ;)

lapushka
June 25th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Anyway, after looking at the wonderful picture my boy Sk8monkey took, this is how I type it: 2b/F/ii. Maybe a 2c?

I think you're right when you say 2b. :)

afu
June 25th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Nice picture :) personally looking at it I wouldnt put it as above a 2b, I think your original estimation is accurate

spidermom
June 25th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Personally, I would go with 2C because I see some spirals there that seem to start right at the nape, but it's mostly wavy. To my understanding, 2B (and above) includes no spiral curls.

Or maybe my monitor is deceiving me.

winteriscoming
June 25th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Your hair is beautiful! But I'd say a 2c as well

meishkamooshka
June 25th, 2012, 05:43 PM
I have no idea, but I love your hair! The wavvvvvvvvveeeeeees! :bowtome:

Kelikea
June 25th, 2012, 05:47 PM
If you are measuring your pony circumference at 4" without the fringe, then you are a iii thickness. Your hair typing otherwise looks correct. Congrats on the extra inch, your hair looks very pretty and healthy.

pepperminttea
June 25th, 2012, 06:07 PM
There are definitely parts where it's trying to spiral, at the thickest part of the right edge and in the ends. 2b/2c? :)

jojo
June 25th, 2012, 06:27 PM
id say 2c/f/ii/iii definitely more than a b theres spirals going on its a thinner version of spidermoms!

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Gorgeous.

I'd type you at predominately 2c, with some 2b in there :)

thystle
June 25th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Awww, thanks for the compliments, y'all! :heart: jojo, being compared to spidermom just made my day. :D

When I looked at the picture at a larger size, I thought (hoped!) I could see some spiral action going on, especially towards the ends, but I wasn't sure if it was enough like the 2c picture on the typing how-to. Since the responses so far are split between 2b and 2c, I think I'll say 2b for now, and see if continued good care bumps it up in the future.

But hey, a iii? Cool!

On a side note, this board has the most extensive collection of smilies I've ever seen!

thystle
June 25th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Oh, hey, I just saw CurlyCurves' post! Starting to tip the balance towards 2c. Hmmm.

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Oh, hey, I just saw CurlyCurves' post! Starting to tip the balance towards 2c. Hmmm.

:D this hairtyping thing gets confusing, doesn't it? I remember, it took me MONTHS to work out mine. I posted on damn near every natural hair site asking them to hairtype me :rollin:

I'm 99% sure I'm a 3b with some 3a mixed in there now, though. It just dawned on me one day.