PDA

View Full Version : I made one of those thingy-ma-jigs..

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 09:54 AM
So these two are ROUGHLY where the lengths fall on me..

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/532075_4243757612604_1499486931_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/539477_4243686930837_168793150_n.jpg

And this is where I'm at! About 4, 5 or 6" to BSL, though :/

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/557174_4243748612379_1882356067_n.jpg

Has anyone else made one of these? And I am going to make a length checker t-shirt at SOME point, when my lazy arse gets around to it :D

ETA: And, yes, I do use my tattoo as a length checker :D I'm at Mars/APL, so next goal is just under Jupiter AKA BSL ;)

Shorty89
June 25th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I was looking at your tattoo. It's nice. I don't think I"ve ever made one of those length things.

winteriscoming
June 25th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Ohh your tattoo is gorgeous! But no, sorry I've never made one of those

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I was looking at your tattoo. It's nice. I don't think I"ve ever made one of those length things.

Thank you :)

And oh, I see. I saw a lady on the forum who made one and thought it was a great idea.

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Ohh your tattoo is gorgeous! But no, sorry I've never made one of those

Thanks hun ^_^

You should totally make one!

afu
June 25th, 2012, 01:18 PM
A 'length checker tshirt' is a brilliant idea :D I'm guessing you mean to draw the lines on/measurements on - I might just have to make one of those because i hate measuring with a tapemeasure

prettykitty
June 25th, 2012, 01:27 PM
I'm sure I've seen a siggy picture with a length shirt somewhere!

seven77
June 25th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Good job!
I would make a length checker thingy.. but I'm still at pixie so it will probably just depress me to see how far I have to go LOL.
And I've said it before but OMG I love your tattoos! I actually had a dream last night that I got the same tat lol.. but it wouldn't look good on my back as I have a fairy on my lower back lol

Covet
June 25th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I need to make one of these! I also love your tattoo and was thinking of getting something similar :)

Your curls look amazing in your signature pic! What's your routine?

wishywashy
June 25th, 2012, 01:35 PM
LOVE your hair!

I have been meaning to make one of those pics as well, and also t-shirt with length markers would be cool to do to...need to get on that.

einna
June 25th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Nice! Good luck growing! Like your tattoos to. :)

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 06:13 PM
A 'length checker tshirt' is a brilliant idea :D I'm guessing you mean to draw the lines on/measurements on - I might just have to make one of those because i hate measuring with a tapemeasure

Yeah! It's pretty simple, and there's lots of online tuts :)

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I'm sure I've seen a siggy picture with a length shirt somewhere!

Yeah, you can buy them. Unfortunately, the only UK supplier I can find charges over £15 for one! So I'll just D.I.Y it :)

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Good job!
I would make a length checker thingy.. but I'm still at pixie so it will probably just depress me to see how far I have to go LOL.
And I've said it before but OMG I love your tattoos! I actually had a dream last night that I got the same tat lol.. but it wouldn't look good on my back as I have a fairy on my lower back lol

Aww, hun, you'll get there! ((hugs))

And thanks :D that's crazy. What were your thoughts when you woke up?

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I need to make one of these! I also love your tattoo and was thinking of getting something similar :)

Your curls look amazing in your signature pic! What's your routine?

Thank you! What did you have in mind?

My routine is pretty simple at the moment;

- Co wash daily (if I'm having a lazy day in, however, I usually don't bother). Rinse out the conditioner with cool water, squeeze some of the excess water out and 'scrunch' briefly with my micro-fibre towel.

- DC once a week.

- Satin pillowcase, of course.

- I only shampoo when I feel I have build up. I try to avoid shampoo as much as possible because it's so damn drying!

- I've recently started doing two flat twists on either side of my head before I sleep. I detangle with fingers, then a wide tooth comb, then my Denman brush when I do this. Makes detangling when I co-wash easier.

- I baggy every night (basically sleep with a plastic cap shower cap on my head)

In my siggie pic, I'd done an ACV rinse, then a chamomile tea rinse, then co-washed with Tresseme naturals, then DC'd with some of the chamomile tea mixed in. Left a conditioning cap on for about 20 minutes, then rinsed out and left to air dry. I was actually really shocked with the results, as when my hair was wet, it felt AWFUL. Dry and tangled. But then it dried really soft, shiny and defined :confused:

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 06:22 PM
LOVE your hair!

I have been meaning to make one of those pics as well, and also t-shirt with length markers would be cool to do to...need to get on that.

Thank you!

And you should! It's a nice way of reminding you of your goals. As for the t-shirt, I may post a thread when I do it :)

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Nice! Good luck growing! Like your tattoos to. :)

Thank you, thank you and thank you :o

trolleypup
June 25th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Ehh. Why draw lines when you have the perfect markers already! Saturn, then eventually Pluto...and who knows, maybe the Kuiper Belt!

SongofLove
June 26th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Wow! Beautiful hair and awesome tattoo! Also...What an amazing figure you have!

firevegan
June 26th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Okay that's it. Gotta make one =D

jacqueline101
June 26th, 2012, 03:09 AM
I've never made one of those but it seems quit interesting.

CurlyCurves
June 30th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I made my length check tshirt, guys!

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/544969_4254789568396_391601546_n.jpg

Like a dope, I forgot that my hair doesn't start from the collar of my neck :rollin: so I just added in the true measurements at the side;

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307090_4255015814052_533064497_n.jpg

CurlyCurves
July 1st, 2012, 04:46 AM
I've never made one of those but it seems quit interesting.

You totally should!

islandboo
July 1st, 2012, 09:23 AM
I have a Tshirt I just used a Sharpie on to note major markers (APL, BSL, WL, Hip, TB). I wear it when I do my quarterly measurements. It also helps me guage how thin my ends are. This is my most recent picture, about an inch away from TB.

http://i.imgur.com/8aCv6.jpg

Unicorn
July 1st, 2012, 05:41 PM
Hmmm, nice idea, I'll have to make myself one of those tee shirts.

BTW, I love your tattoos.

Unicorn

pepperminttea
July 1st, 2012, 07:15 PM
You might find this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=77895) useful. :D And I love your tattoo(s)! :crush:

'Boo, your ends are really thickening up. :)

Henrietta
July 2nd, 2012, 02:18 PM
I did it some time ago but I changed my goal since then (from knee to classic) so I had to delete it from my album.
I like yours! The tattoos are better than any lines, though! Doesn't "at Jupiter" sound cooler than "at BSL?" ;)

CurlyCurves
July 2nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
Ehh. Why draw lines when you have the perfect markers already! Saturn, then eventually Pluto...and who knows, maybe the Kuiper Belt!

I know, right? :p

The Kuiper belt sounds great, especially as I am always changing my length goals ;)

CurlyCurves
July 2nd, 2012, 03:53 PM
Wow! Beautiful hair and awesome tattoo! Also...What an amazing figure you have!

Thank you, thank you and thank you!

CurlyCurves
July 2nd, 2012, 03:55 PM
I did it some time ago but I changed my goal since then (from knee to classic) so I had to delete it from my album.
I like yours! The tattoos are better than any lines, though! Doesn't "at Jupiter" sound cooler than "at BSL?" ;)

Haha, I'll probably end up doing the same! My original goal was WL, then I changed it to HL and now I'm considering BCL, TBL or Classic!

And thank you! Jupiter certainly sounds cooler than BSL ;):cheese:

CurlyCurves
July 2nd, 2012, 03:57 PM
You might find this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=77895) useful. :D And I love your tattoo(s)! :crush:

Thanks so much, hun :)

And thanks for the thread! I'll add mine! Thanks again :)

CurlyCurves
July 2nd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Hmmm, nice idea, I'll have to make myself one of those tee shirts.

BTW, I love your tattoos.

Unicorn

You really should! It's useful for self measuring.

And thank you so much!

CurlyCurves
July 2nd, 2012, 04:24 PM
Okay that's it. Gotta make one =D

You totally should ;)

CurlyCurves
July 2nd, 2012, 04:25 PM
Oops, double post.

CurlyCurves
July 2nd, 2012, 04:26 PM
I have a Tshirt I just used a Sharpie on to note major markers (APL, BSL, WL, Hip, TB). I wear it when I do my quarterly measurements. It also helps me guage how thin my ends are. This is my most recent picture, about an inch away from TB.

http://i.imgur.com/8aCv6.jpg

I made a tshirt too. I like yours :) and well done on reaching such length!