PDA

View Full Version : A step Backwards

Tawnylioness
June 25th, 2012, 05:29 AM
two or three weeks ago i decided to try a cassia treatment, afterwards my hair was dismal, deathly dry, tangly and velcoie...i could not get a comb through it and i have thin fine hair that is usually easy to comb. so i smt and co and oil and it is marginally better, then i use a new condish and afterwards realise that its a protien condish which im sure diddnt help matters...i clarify cos it usually makes my hair nice, i co with my usual happy hair making stuff but its a no go...my hair is miserable and almost back to its pre lhc state! i have even noticed a bunch of split ends that where never there before :(

OhioLisa
June 25th, 2012, 06:49 AM
This is exactly what I used cassia only once. Ugh, the stuff dried my hair out like mad. I would suggest NOT clarifying anymore, nor using protein. If you can tolerate CO washes, they might be your best bet for a while. I would also keep it up and oiled as much as possible. It WILL eventually get better.

Tawnylioness
June 25th, 2012, 05:55 PM
This is exactly what I used cassia only once. Ugh, the stuff dried my hair out like mad. I would suggest NOT clarifying anymore, nor using protein. If you can tolerate CO washes, they might be your best bet for a while. I would also keep it up and oiled as much as possible. It WILL eventually get better.

i wonder why our hair hated it so much when so many others have loved it...i wanted to use it as i thought it would strengthen my fragile hair...diddnt that backfire :P i only realized it was a protein condish after i used it...:rolleyes: i do co so hopefully that will help as you said. i also read that coconut oil is a protien oil and evoo is a moisturizing oil so i used evoo fir the first time last night, it seems to have improved things a bit

ratgirldjh
June 25th, 2012, 06:50 PM
My hair hated it too and it LOVES henna! Thank goodness I mixed the cassia with catnip tea and added some henna because I think that was the only thing that kept it from frying my hair!!!

battles
June 25th, 2012, 06:55 PM
My hair also hated cassia but loved henna. I just don't like the color of henna. :o

I'd definitely avoid cassia and protein for awhile.

Astraea
June 25th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks for bringing this up! My hair revolts against protein and protein 'magnifiers' like pure EVCO and coconut milk. I didn't have any immediate plans on using cassia but always thought I'd try it out. I haven't done enough research yet but until I do I just won't risk it, I'm trying to be low-maint anyways.

Hollyfire3
June 25th, 2012, 09:34 PM
My hair hates cassia too...it gets a icky coating even when i clarify before the cassia, and it tangles and dries out like crazy. Moisture is your friend and I'm sure this is able to be fixed.