PDA

View Full Version : I have the best husband ever!

carrieavaught
June 24th, 2012, 11:01 PM
His first time ever trying it! http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w471/CarrieAnneVaught/IMG_20120624_235749.jpg?t=1340600285

mckenzie
June 24th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Wow, Good job!

winteriscoming
June 24th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Oh my! He did such a great job! Probably better than I could :) I wish someone would do that for me... But such a gorgeous braid. And your hair color is beautiful!

ladylowtide
June 24th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Oooh pretty! If only I can teach mine anything other than an English braid :p

Is that a fish tail, or a zipper braid?

carrieavaught
June 24th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Oh my! He did such a great job! Probably better than I could :) I wish someone would do that for me... But such a gorgeous braid. And your hair color is beautiful!
Thank you very much!

carrieavaught
June 24th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Oooh pretty! If only I can teach mine anything other than an English braid :p

Is that a fish tail, or a zipper braid?
Its a zipper braid! He watched the vid in the other thread that's on youtube, and did my hair just from watching!

MeowScat
June 24th, 2012, 11:20 PM
My eyes are bugging out of my head! You weren't kidding when you said your Husband can braid. I'm rather speechless, to be honest.

You are so lucky, hold onto him for dear life, girl!

Wowza!! Gorgeous!!

carrieavaught
June 24th, 2012, 11:25 PM
My eyes are bugging out of my head! You weren't kidding when you said your Husband can braid. I'm rather speechless, to be honest.

You are so lucky, hold onto him for dear life, girl!

Wowza!! Gorgeous!!
Thank you. I plan on holding on to him! lol

starry
June 24th, 2012, 11:29 PM
that's stunning! I hope my hubby does that when my hair is long enough! Its nice to read a thread about good men too. :)

meishkamooshka
June 24th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Aww! That's so sweet! And it looks lovely on your hair....so long...*drool*!

HintOfMint
June 24th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Lucky girl! What a keeper!

(Cute braid, too)

Phalaenopsis
June 25th, 2012, 03:46 AM
You are indeed lucky ^^
He did very well!

MintChocChip
June 25th, 2012, 04:06 AM
How sweet of him to do that! Great first attempt too!

carolinaberry
June 25th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Very nice!

carrieavaught
June 25th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Thank you everybody!! :) He is the best!

Madora
June 25th, 2012, 09:36 AM
What a loving thing to do, and he did it so beautifully!

jacqueline101
June 25th, 2012, 09:36 AM
That's sweet of your husband.

1nuitblanche
June 25th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Wow! That's super sweet that your husband did that braid for you!

Aliped
June 25th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Lucky!......

BrightEyes
June 25th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Aww, that's so sweet! He did a great job:)

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 10:27 AM
:O wow, his work and your hair is amazing!

terpentyna
June 25th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Awesome. I too will have to check if this braid is by any chance more DBF friendly.

carrieavaught
June 25th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Thank you! He always does well whenever braiding. I thought a change would be nice. I can't believe how well his first time turned out on this one. It took my a long time to get my hair back to being thick. I did drugs, and have been clean for three years. All that time my hair was thin. I do a hot oil treatment once a month, but I would like some other tips so my hair doesn't dry or get brittle.

Othala
June 25th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Can your husband teach my husband how to do that please?

Seriously good work! Lucky gal!

dwell_in_safety
June 25th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I always find it incredibly endearing when people's SOs do their hair for them. That's an excellent braid for a first attempt!

Maelyssa
June 25th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Great job! What a super sweet hubby. Good for you.

Sama
June 25th, 2012, 07:01 PM
He did a great job - it looks so pretty! :D There must be something in the air this week, because my husband helped me style my hair a few days ago. LOL [I was trying out a rope braid for the first time - I liked it, but definitely needed the 2 extra hands!!]

jojo
June 25th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Wow! my hubby cannot be trusted to even comb mine let alone create a beautiful braid, but he does make an excellent cuppa so will let him off ;)

carrieavaught
June 25th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Wow! my hubby cannot be trusted to even comb mine let alone create a beautiful braid, but he does make an excellent cuppa so will let him off ;)
So long as they can make something right? lol

carrieavaught
June 25th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Thank you everyone. He is the best.

Darkessa
June 25th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Lucky you!!!
My Fiance wont do anything with my hair except annoy me by messing with it... -_-
It looks great!

carrieavaught
June 25th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Lucky you!!!
My Fiance wont do anything with my hair except annoy me by messing with it... -_-
It looks great!
Sorry, but Thank you!

SerinaDaith
June 25th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I wonder if I withhold food from my DH if he would be willing to do such sweet things when my hair get's longer :D

You are truly blessed!

carrieavaught
June 25th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I wonder if I withhold food from my DH if he would be willing to do such sweet things when my hair get's longer :D

You are truly blessed!
Lol I feed mine well lol! Thank you!

SerinaDaith
June 25th, 2012, 09:21 PM
My family is from the south, my husband is very motivated by food ;) Maybe beer battered steak bites would be a better bargaining chip.

Sewas
June 25th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Wow. What a dear he is..and the braiding is just excellent and beautiful.

ScarletRose
June 25th, 2012, 09:34 PM
That's so great!! It looks amazing :D
And I thought I was the only one who had a husband who likes to play with my hair! Lol, I'm glad to see there are others :cheer:

carrieavaught
June 25th, 2012, 10:26 PM
My family is from the south, my husband is very motivated by food ;) Maybe beer battered steak bites would be a better bargaining chip.
Lol I'm from TX so I completely understand lol!

Wow. What a dear he is..and the braiding is just excellent and beautiful.
Thank you.

That's so great!! It looks amazing :D
And I thought I was the only one who had a husband who likes to play with my hair! Lol, I'm glad to see there are others :cheer:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Its nice too.

blond_betty
June 25th, 2012, 10:34 PM
That looks beautiful! I should teach my husband that one so he can do my hair too! :P

Seriously though, your hair looks amazing!

carrieavaught
June 25th, 2012, 11:09 PM
That looks beautiful! I should teach my husband that one so he can do my hair too! :P

Seriously though, your hair looks amazing!
Thank you. :eek:

Henrietta
July 2nd, 2012, 02:32 PM
How cute! I am happy with you and for you. I asked my fiancé to do an English braid and after the second attempt (the first one was a year ago :D) he did it, with some reserve, though, because braids are "black magic" for him, with a rope braid on top of the list. He was more or less as surprised as characters in "Harry Potter" when their magic finally worked ;) "I did it?!"

Tisiloves
July 2nd, 2012, 10:46 PM
Congratulations on snagging a spouse with good manual dexterity :eyebrows:

It looks great!

carrieavaught
July 3rd, 2012, 01:10 PM
How cute! I am happy with you and for you. I asked my fiancé to do an English braid and after the second attempt (the first one was a year ago :D) he did it, with some reserve, though, because braids are "black magic" for him, with a rope braid on top of the list. He was more or less as surprised as characters in "Harry Potter" when their magic finally worked ;) "I did it?!"
Ha ha ha

Congratulations on snagging a spouse with good manual dexterity :eyebrows:

It looks great!
Thank you :)

BlazingHeart
July 3rd, 2012, 01:51 PM
I'm working on teaching my fiance to braid. Right now, he's so nervous about hurting me, making a messy braid, and causing tangles that teaching him has been slow. He can english braid my forelock, but he's not willing to take on a pigtail braid or a whole-head braid yet.