PDA

View Full Version : Got any cheese? Because here comes a *Whine!*

AspenSong
June 24th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I need to vent and hopefully get my blah feelings out about my hair before I flat out whack it all off!!! :(
This is my hair, freshly washed, just a BIT of oil on it, this morning. The bottom of my shirt is just about an inch past where classic would be on me, one of my goals. However, looking at how it looks now, at past hip, I feel like shaving my head. Honestly, I feel like crying. I know it's stupid, but I feel so discouraged and I hate my hair right now. It's so fine and there's just not much of it and I feel like it just looks terrible. I've had hair blahs before, but not like this. I know I'd regret cutting it because of all the time I've put in to get this far, but I'm just so unhappy with how it looks. I know not all of us get the huge, thick head of hair....I just feel....I don't know, beaten or something. :(
I somehow guess I expected something different. I know my hair has changed - The last time it was this long I was about 17 - so 10 years ago and I KNOW it was thicker in amount than it is now. There's no health reason, but it's just thinner.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2rddh68.jpg

carrieavaught
June 24th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I think your hair is beautiful!

Beckstar
June 24th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Your hair is gorgeous and it looks very healthy and well taken care of.

MrsGuther
June 24th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I think your hair is beautiful! Please don't cut it. I think you would regret chopping all that gorgeous hair off.

spidermom
June 24th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I don't think anybody's hair looks its best when it's oiled. I'm sure it looks fuller when it's freshly washed.

AspenSong
June 24th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Thank you - I have worked to get it healthy and take good care of it. Just doesn't change the fact I'm so put down by it being so thin. I just hate not being able to do so much with it because I look like I'm going bald because anything that requires any sort of a part in my hair, ends up looking like a gaping bald spot. Just argh!

catamonica
June 24th, 2012, 08:53 PM
I think your hair is beautiful. I read online that dehydrated minced onion, or dehydrated chopped onion will make your hair thicker. My hair is medium thick. But I added two capfuls of dehydrated chopped onion. And I have used dehydrated minced onion. They both made my hair
feel thicker. I hope this helps your hair.

AspenSong
June 24th, 2012, 08:54 PM
@Spidermom - Honestly, it doesn't look much different. I had another recent photo on the computer, totally oil free....still like this. It just doesn't fluff out or fill out at all anymore. I know I can't expect much when my ponytail is under 2" and then it tapers and thins out down the length...

kittengirl
June 24th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Your hair is shiny and long and gorgeous! I am so jealous! I think it looks lovely.

spidermom
June 24th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Well bummer! I'm sorry you're down about your hair. Most of us here get a lot of our confidence or lack of same because of our hair.

I don't see a lot of taper. Some, of course, but not a lot.

Arya
June 24th, 2012, 09:02 PM
I just took a look through your album. You have beautiful hair. I think this is actually just a bad picture of your quite pretty hair.

There's sort of an unflattering optical illusion happening in these pictures. The way the edges of the shot are cut makes you look like you have a vast expanse of back that continues well past the edges of the picture. This particular photoset makes you look like you're a lot wider than you actually are, which in turn makes your hair look thinner. In all your other pictures you can see your hair looks a lot thicker, when they're taken further away, with a different shirt, and without the sides of the picture cut off.

Secondly, your hair is wet and oiled, which is making the strands cling together in clumps, which highlights the space between the hairs, instead of the hairs themselves. Fine, i hair looks at it's absolute thinnest when worn down, wet, and slightly oily. My fine, i haired friend calls it her 'drowned rat' or 'wet seaweed on a rock' look.

I encourage you to take another picture when your hair is fully dried. I think you'll see a major difference. Don't be so worried! It looks really healthy, and your updos look amazing. Thinner, finer hair has it's benefits too. I bet it feels really silky!

Natalia
June 24th, 2012, 09:43 PM
your hair has less of a taper than mine im a little jelous! if your unhappy with your thickness have you tried cassia or a change in wash routine? being wo gives me thickness i dont typically have and i hear shampoo bars do the same for some folks. i just had to co due to hard water issues making me greasy and i noticed that my hair feels noticably thinner by about a 1/3 or more. back on the wo train and hope to get my thickness back by the middle of next month. good luck and i hope you find something that makes your hair happy :)

Mesmerise
June 24th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Is your hair still damp? Or is it just the oiling making it clumpy? It actually looks to me as if it'd look just fine if it were washed and dry without too much oiling, because your ends really do look great. I have MUCH less hair at the ends than you do, and my hair is a lot shorter too. I would be rapt if mine ended up like yours at that length :).

ApatheticFairy
June 24th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Don't cut it! I think it's pretty and I love your color. You clearly worked hard for it and it doesn't look too limp/fine!

AspenSong
June 24th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Is your hair still damp? Or is it just the oiling making it clumpy? It actually looks to me as if it'd look just fine if it were washed and dry without too much oiling, because your ends really do look great. I have MUCH less hair at the ends than you do, and my hair is a lot shorter too. I would be rapt if mine ended up like yours at that length :).

It really wasn't damp at all, and I'd only used a few drops of my jojoba. It seems like even without oil lately, it's like this in an hour after washing. =/

Yes I've done cassia. I actually did a cassia and henna (just a few tablespoons, put on right away after mixed) treatment a month or so ago. It doesn't seem to visibly pump it up much. I did CO for a while for washing, nearly a year and then the shedding picked up and I went back to using a gentle, sulfate free shampoo. I wash once, sometimes twice a week.

Teazel
June 24th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Hold the phone, your hair shouldn't look like that if it's freshly washed and dried. It seems to me you're using too much oil - just 2 or 3 drops of jojoba on my hair makes it start to go a bit clumpy, and I've got a lot more length to cover than you. Also, maybe your gentle shampoo isn't enough at the moment.

So - I think if you did a clarifying wash to make sure there's nothing weighing your hair down, used a fairly light conditioner and no oil, you'd see a big difference. Don't give up! :flower:

SongofLove
June 24th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Your hair is so beautiful--a lovely color and very healthy-looking. It does not look thin at all to me! My hair is on the thick side of ii and it looks similar to yours when freshly washed and oiled. I looked at your album too and very much admire your pictures. Don't be discouraged! You've taken such great care of your hair and it shows!

tinywife
June 24th, 2012, 10:57 PM
When my hair is wet, it looks like I have about four hairs. But that's just because it's wet. It's fine in real life.
Yours looks way better wet than mine does, so it's probably way better in real life too!

Wildcat Diva
June 24th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Just hoping that trying something different will help, don't chop it! I am sorry that you feel it's not working out. Give it some time, don't be drastic!

AspenSong
June 24th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Hold the phone, your hair shouldn't look like that if it's freshly washed and dried. It seems to me you're using too much oil - just 2 or 3 drops of jojoba on my hair makes it start to go a bit clumpy, and I've got a lot more length to cover than you. Also, maybe your gentle shampoo isn't enough at the moment.

So - I think if you did a clarifying wash to make sure there's nothing weighing your hair down, used a fairly light conditioner and no oil, you'd see a big difference. Don't give up! :flower:

See, my hair has always sucked the jojoba right up and I never get the oily clumping from it, unless I use about half a bottle or heavy oil.
I actually did clarify about a week ago... =/ And I've been so busy this last week, I haven't washed and conditioned like usual, so I think it's been messed with and had less on it in general.

Mesmerise
June 25th, 2012, 12:00 AM

Yes, this is my thought too! Even though you aren't using much oil, your hair really has an oiled look to it, and I think clarifying could make a lot of difference. Maybe next time after washing take a picture without oiling at all? I've looked in your albums too, and I think your hair looks lovely!

You say it's a i in thickness, but I'd pick it as a ii (maybe on the lower side of ii) because it really doesn't seem all that thin to me, looking at all your pics of it :). So yeah, for i thickness hair, I think your ends look fantastic!

ETA: I saw your last post, and re-looked at your pics... I really think you need to diagnose why it's getting that clumpy look. If it's not the oil, it's something else... because while it's getting a bit of a "stringy" look to it, it seems that it's because the hair looks coated some how. That is how my hair looks if I have it over oiled.

To be honest, in the pic your hair just doesn't look clean (of added oils... not saying it looks dirty!!). Maybe you have some sort of build up? I am puzzled because in all the other pics of your hair it looks lovely and not clumpy/oily at all.

AutumnLocks
August 3rd, 2012, 06:31 AM
I sure hope you have resisted the temptation to cut your hair. I'm sure if you do you will regret it. The last time I had a major haircut it was when I turned 40 and brokeup with a dirtbag of a guy I was dating. I did it as revenge. If I had let it alone and let it grow it would be to the floor by now!!

Amber_Maiden
August 3rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Your hair is so pretty!

spirals
August 3rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Your hair is so shiny in your albums. Own that. I am almost iii, but my hair falls skinny like that when wet. I think it's because 1/3 of it is coarse hairs. Maybe that's the case? (The fine/mediums just look fuller; it's sometimes an "optical delusion," as my mom says. :D ) I agree; clarify. Then maybe switch to shampoo bars or soap. My hairs are thicker now that I've stopped using any kind of detergent; I can feel a textural difference with my hands. If you acid rinse after, that makes the cuticle close up flat. So I would skip it and use a leave-in that isn't too heavy. I've never used a BBB, but the people who do say they get lots of volume. But yeah, I'm becoming a champion of soap/'poo bars.

catamonica
August 3rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
I read online that dehydrated minced onion or dehydrated chopped onion makes the hair thicker. I have tried both. I put a capful in my shampoo. My hair feels thicker. Try a new style.
Maybe, if you try braid waves at night, and have wavy hair in the morning, you will feel better about your hair. It's beautiful! Don't cut it. I wear braid waves when I wear it down. Hope this
helps.

dulce
August 3rd, 2012, 11:20 AM
I think your hair is gorgeous!Smooth,shiny,no frizz[ unlike mine]Hair does thin in some people as we age or go through stress or childbirth or other stuff.If you're worried get a medical for bloodwork for thyroid,anemia etc.But I think you're being too hard on yourself.That's easy to do here as we see all these superlong haired really thick haired ladies on this forum and we compare to ourselves. I just cut from hip back to waist as I was discouraged by my fairytail ends and I now regret it,I miss my length, so don't rush to cut and try not to compare yourself to others,thinner ,healthy ,shiny hair is beautiful too,remember that..

PetuniaBlossom
August 3rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Your hair looks beautiful, no frizz, silky straight. I hope you won't cut it. Even if you're upset with it right now, I think you'd miss it a lot if you cut it.

Madora
August 3rd, 2012, 04:31 PM
AspenSong, I think you're being a little severe on your hair.

The pictures in your album show healthy hair, hair that you've taken pains to treat kindly and correctly.

If I were you, however, I'd leave off the oiling..or use just a drop or two of mineral oil if you have to oil.

You also might want to look into using a 100% pure boar bristle brush which might help with a little volume...depending on the brush and how you use it.

A thing to take into consideration is that longer hair, whether fine or thick, tends to make "volume" hard to achieve unless you are willing to use artifice to help "pouf" the front to attain more height. Gravity works to quell volume on longer hair. Oh, sure, you can tease till the cows come home, but your hair will pay the price!

Considering the time and patience you've spent on attaining lovely hair, it would be a pity to just whack it off. You may just need a change of hair products to make it look less oily. Try wearing it up more often and learning other styles. Your hair is not the "sight" you think it is at all! Not by a long shot!

palebluelantern
August 3rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
AspenSong, I use a little tad of bentonite clay on my hands and I run it through my hair to create fullness. It really works!

amanda_the_tall
August 3rd, 2012, 04:48 PM
Aspensong i just wanted to say i *love* your hair. whenever i get discouraged because of my fine/thin hair, i see a picture of yours and get so encouraged because it's beautiful and so long. i never thought that i'd be able to grow my hair long, then i see yours and how healthy it looks, i'm almost envious. :D i looked through your albums (don't mean to be creepy lol) and your hair looks great in all the pictures. i'd probably go along with what some of the other posters are saying and maybe not oil for a day or two just to see if it helps with the "clumpy" ends. could it be the humidity is making it act differently than usual? when it gets up over 100 around here, my hair seems to fall flatter than usual. please don't cut it off, or at least make sure that's what you want, your hair (and you) are beautiful, don't let a "bad hair day" get you down.

here's some cheese: :cheese:
hope you feel better

spookyghost
August 3rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
I really like your hair. Please remember that many people dont see their own hair as others see it. Meaning alot of people are way too hard on how their hair looks. You look at your hair as yuck but other people dont see that at all.

That being said I really do understand how you feel because Im pretty down on my own hair. I keep telling myself what I just told you!:) That my hair probably looks better than I think it does. Some posters have mentioned that maybe you have a build up but you said that you only use a few drops of oil. And that you just clarified last week. Well my hair dresser swears I have some type of build up on my hair that she cant quite place. Not normal build up. She had me not oil for a month. I just used S&C and thats it and its still there. The weird thing about my hair is that it looks more damaged than anything. I dont think it looks oily or anything just damaged. Thats what I see. I have well water but I have lived with it and our water softener for over 15 years now so what the difference is now I dont know. My hair is also shedding more than usual.

Anyways I really didnt mean to hijack the thread but I kinda thought maybe we had a common problem in that we might have a build up of some kind and clarifying isnt working.

I have no idea if this is a stupid question but I wonder if I can send a hair strand in somewhere and have it tested to see if my hair has an odd build up on it and if so what is it. Plus it would be nice to know what my hair needs. I know the moisture and protein test but I still cant tell which one my hair falls under. I think my hair needs moisture but my hd swears it needs protein. And she said that maybe nothing is working for my hair, which it isnt, because of whatever build up I have going on isnt letting my treatments work.

Good luck to you. And I hope you dont cut it. Thats not ever an option for me.

Cania
August 3rd, 2012, 06:29 PM
Aspensong, I personally think your hair is beautiful. I looked in your albums and it's like silk, I'm very jealous.

I have very coarse, thick hair and actively go out of my way to make it look thinner and sleeker. Just to give you the flip side, I feel like chopping my hair off sometimes because it's so thick that it looks silly over hoods and the like, and I feel like it bulges out of the back of my head like a mane some days! It cannot be tamed when there is even a little moisture in the air! We women are never happy, are we? :P

Everyone has down days. I hope you have the opportunity to spend the next few days pampering yourself and your hair (or at least a little treat, if you're very busy) and feel right as rain soon enough.

embee
August 3rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
So I've looked at your album and your hair doesn't look like the pictures at the beginning of this thread. Those look like your hair is still damp and has had lots of conditioner or oil on.

My hair is fine/thin too, and straight. It tends to get stringy/clumpy when it's down. That's its nature. It is much worse if I use conditioner and I dare not oil - that's just a disaster for me, little rat tails of hair. My hair in a braid is like the tail end of a bullwhip, too pathetic.

Please remember - if your cut your hair you will then have fine, thin, *short* hair. Will that be an improvement? It wasn't for me.

The updo is my friend - my stringy/clumpy characteristic doesn't show, and an updo is different, easy, looks ok. Plus, it's cool in summer! ;)

Bonkers57
August 3rd, 2012, 07:01 PM
Your hair looks like mine, except longer and a different color. :) I always have to wear it up or back if I leave the house. I have bangs because I look better with them.

One might ask, "Then why not have short hair, if nobody (including yourself) sees it?" I answer, "Because it's a lot easier this way than when it was short. It took a lot more time to get ready when my hair was short. My hair is healthier now that I don't heat style or fry it with hair color and perms. But I will never, never have big poufy, lush locks. I'm okay with that (most of the time :p ) My current regime suits my lifestyle and my personality.

In a nutshell, please don't rush to cut it.

Venefica
August 3rd, 2012, 07:11 PM
Your hair is beautiful, yes it is not thick, but it do not need to be thick to be pretty. Your hair is shiny and looks healthy and it looks good on you.

islandboo
August 3rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
I am also curious to know if you have made peace with your hair yet. My hair is like yours in many ways and I have those days also where I wonder if I am being delusional by keeping it long when it is so thin and tapered. I usually just try to push through the negativity and keep plodding along with my microtrims in the hopes of getting a decent hemline someday but I certainly empathize with your frustration.

Rufflebutt
August 3rd, 2012, 10:52 PM
Try maintaining for a few months and see how you like it after a bit?

11eleven
August 4th, 2012, 12:02 AM
This looks like an accumulation of oil over time. Perhaps, if you coat your dry hair with conditioner (non-silicone) and leave it on for as long as you can stand (2 or more hours) and then do an ACV and then use clarifying shampoo that may help. I have had this happen to me before and that is what I did and it worked great. You may find that repeating this process again at the next wash will completely remove the remaining oil and voila! fresh, fluffy, silky hair. Good luck.

Othala
August 4th, 2012, 02:57 AM
I have just looked at your public photos and, with respect, I think you have hair dysmorphia (sp?).

Your hair is wonderful. It is what a lot of people would kill to have. It is like a fall of silk.

Lady, you have glorious long hair. I suggest you go eat some chocolate cake or whatever you need to snap yourself out of the blahs because I think your malaise is nothing to do you that lovely hair. Might you be projecting issues in other areas of your life onto your hair.

Sorry if I am way off track, it is just that I am confused because a person with such lovely hair is feeling so down about it.

Toadstool
August 4th, 2012, 03:17 AM
I looked at your album and it does seem that in the pictures at the top of this thread your hair looks very wet and oily. I assumed you had just got out of the shower. Maybe you could start washing with sulfate shampoo?

I think you have LOVELY hair. Seriously. Mine is thick and coarse and I have always envied people with hair like yours.

If you really want it to look thicker, you could always bleach it. It would damage your hair but make it look thicker. It depends what you want out of hair.

Or have you tried braid waves?

Personally, I do think fine hair like yours looks great as it is. So I do wonder if it's just some "ideal" image of hair you have in your head that yours is failing to live up to.

Ambystoma
August 4th, 2012, 04:51 AM
I looked through your album and I agree with everyone here, your hair is beautiful - silky, smooth, and a lovely soft colour!

I know you said you had tried Cassia before, but sometimes it takes a few treatments to work so perhaps you could give it another go? My DH has 1a/extra F/i type hair, and after 2 big gloopy treatments (that he was very stoic about, the sweetheart) it honestly looked as though he had doubled his thickness!

For now though definitely clarify and cut back on the oil - I'm on the upper side of ii and after clarifying/normal washing I use 1 tiiiny scraping, about 2 drops worth of coconut oil through my hair then rinse with ACV and my mister these days has 2 drops of MO in about a cup of water/herb tea, which lasts a week.

bunzfan
August 4th, 2012, 06:32 AM
[QUOTE=AspenSong;2178470]@Spidermom - Honestly, it doesn't look much different. I had another recent photo on the computer, totally oil free....still like this. It just doesn't fluff out or fill out at all anymore. I know I can't expect much when my ponytail is under 2" and then it tapers and thins out down the length...[/QUOTE

I have fine hair to and recently i was getting jealous of the super thick hair we see a lot on here but then i thought just because i have fine hair doesn't mean i cant grow long hair and it look beautiful to, and its the same for you my hair looks very thin when oiled or wet its just the nature of fine hair . I really don't think it looks as bad as you think :)

jacqueline101
August 4th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I think its lovely.

Thinthondiel
August 4th, 2012, 07:48 AM
This looks like an accumulation of oil over time. Perhaps, if you coat your dry hair with conditioner (non-silicone) and leave it on for as long as you can stand (2 or more hours) and then do an ACV and then use clarifying shampoo that may help. I have had this happen to me before and that is what I did and it worked great. You may find that repeating this process again at the next wash will completely remove the remaining oil and voila! fresh, fluffy, silky hair. Good luck.

(emphasis mine)

I just wanted to say that ACV and other types of vinegar can, for some people (like me) cause limp, stringy/clumpy hair. So if this is the case for the OP, I would avoid using ACV.

AspenSong, I'm just wondering... why do you keep using oil if you think your hair looks thin and clumpy? I'm just asking because I think of oiling as something one does to make one's hair sleeker and less dry/puffy/frizzy (is there any other reason to use oil that I'm not aware of?). Whereas your hair looks a bit too sleek and seems to be in need of a bit more "puff". If it were me, I'd cut out the oil completely, at least until my hair went back to normal.

Babyfine
August 4th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I think your hair is lovely. I also have very fine hair and I only use oil on the nights before I shampoo the next day. My hair gets weighed down very easily.
My hair thinned somewhat between high school and age 30, as well.

ZenBird07
August 24th, 2012, 07:11 PM
You would miss it sorely. I had hair beyond classic by the time I hacked it ALL off, and despite the fact that I did it for noble reasons (My second born had a strand stuck down her throat, no hesitation -grabbed my shears and a pony holder and went to town), I still miss it. I still feel like something's missing. Kinda like leaving your house without your wedding bands on or forgetting to put cloths on. Something's amiss...Good luck to you friend :)

waywardgypsy
August 24th, 2012, 07:27 PM
...I think your malaise is nothing to do you that lovely hair. Might you be projecting issues in other areas of your life onto your hair.

I'm kinda leaning this way too... when I don't feel good about myself, my hair is usually the one to bear the brunt of my anger. I hate how it looks down, I hate how it looks up, I can't stand the way it is CONSTANTLY in my face.

Please don't cut it, because I think the the ladies who said before that it looks clumpy are right - it's build up. This is exactly the way my hair looks ANY time I oil (only mine's significantly shorter), or if I don't get everything rinsed well. My hair is i/ii and very fine... it just doesn't react well at all to heavy treatments. Try a good *full-length* clarifying with very light conditioner afterward.

PumpkinMom
August 24th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I have super fine hair and it's not nearly as long as yours. Sometimes I get really down about having fine/thin hair, but I think beauty is really in the eye of the beholder because I get tons of compliments on my hair (which always makes me want to keep growing it). Then I remind myself that I have to work with what I have and darn it, though it can be a pain it's pretty in it's own way that is unique to only me!

MissAlida
August 31st, 2012, 06:54 AM
:grouphug: Oh, I know how you feel. I have thin hair, but mine is curly, so I do get some volume on wash day and on the day after. But updos look tiny and awful. I recently wanted to cut it all into a pixie, because I was so frustrated with the thinning and shedding. And seeing all these thick braids here on LHC makes me feel even worse. But I didn't cut, and I'm glad I didn't. I decide to try henna instead, and I am so happy about it. Sometimes we just need a small change, you know? We feel like we should go all the way, but sometimes a small change, like cutting in bangs, or trying a new hairstyle/color might do the trick. Your hair looks very shiny and well cared for, but I can really understand why you're unhappy about it. I say wait and think about it. What dod you want? Do you really think that a short cut will make you happier? If not, try changing something about your hair. Just a small thing. :)

katfemme89
August 31st, 2012, 09:41 AM
Methinks that your clarifying shampoo isn't strong enough. You might need to break out the big boys... Baking Soda and maybe even a dab of dishwashing liquid!

I really think what has happened is that your hair is "too" healthy and has stopped absorbing the oil, because it has nowhere to go. So the oil that you continually put on just sits on top, weighing it down. My advice would be to stop the oil immediately and do the clarifying that I mentioned above.

I have super dry ends, but really healthy roots, and when I do a heavy oiling, the oil totally absorbs into my ends and just sits on the rest, making an oogy looking mess.

But I still think you have lovely hair. Just because your hair isn't BIG like us thick hairs doesn't mean your hair isn't absolutely lovely. It looks like a sheet of silk, for real. I'd love it if my coarse hair would look that silky.

Rocket22
September 1st, 2012, 09:46 AM
By your albums your hair is capable of looking fuller... I too have very very fine hair and sometimes it gets like this. I recently used baking soda to clairfy and that made a huge difference, I was back to fluffy! I also agree I do think this is just a bad picture. We all have them, I just take more and delete the bad ones :)

blondie9912
September 1st, 2012, 01:50 PM
I'm with Rocket! Also, you have a really pretty face and I think the long hair suits you very well :)

barbiemorena
September 1st, 2012, 06:38 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! I hope you didn't cut it in the meantime.

ratgirldjh
September 1st, 2012, 07:12 PM
I love your hair! Especially your pictures in your album and your profile picture.

Actually your hair picture in this thread reminds me of when I tried to use conditioner. After just a few washes my hair was much thinner looking and limper. I went back to my other methods (soap or clay or now eggs with a tiny bit of oil on the ends or before) and my hair is back to looking thicker.

Please don't cut your hair - try and figure out what is going on here! Because your other pictures are amazing!

ratgirldjh
September 1st, 2012, 07:16 PM
I'm kinda leaning this way too... when I don't feel good about myself, my hair is usually the one to bear the brunt of my anger. I hate how it looks down, I hate how it looks up, I can't stand the way it is CONSTANTLY in my face.

Please don't cut it, because I think the the ladies who said before that it looks clumpy are right - it's build up. This is exactly the way my hair looks ANY time I oil (only mine's significantly shorter), or if I don't get everything rinsed well. My hair is i/ii and very fine... it just doesn't react well at all to heavy treatments. Try a good *full-length* clarifying with very light conditioner afterward.

YES!!! I think build up too!!! And I also agree with the first part of this post! When i am not happy about anything - I take it out on my hair!!! :rolleyes:

Bookloverlori
September 1st, 2012, 07:25 PM
I have PCOS, which is a hormone thing, but one of the symptoms is thinning hair. I know what you mean about the part. I have curly hair and I have to constantly make sure it doesn't part funny in the back because parts show HUGE sections of my scalp. I intentionally cause a little frizz here and there so my hair puffs out in certain places.

I think your hair looks beautiful!

I'll never be able to reach that length. I'm heading for BSL and that's going to be hard enough for me. Any longer and I'll feel like my brother-in-law... bald on top and a long pony in the back. :paperbag:

I do take something called Retress, which is I found through other PCOS women. I've taken it for a couple of months now and my hair does feel thicker. I can see new growth around my hairline. I'm hoping it will make a difference in my overall volume. My pony is way less than 2 inches. :sad: