PDA

View Full Version : I had a longhaired girl party....

Dorothy
June 24th, 2012, 06:31 PM
This weekend. I invited girls I've been chatting up at work RE hair over for some wine and apetizers, they brought their hair stuff - one had moroccan oil, which I think people here use - but for the most part their arsenals were conventional, which was fine. There was my old student the fabulous braider with highlighted BSL very thick blond hair, a former student with waist length curly brown not thick hair. and a current coworker w/red apl curly not thick hair. I showed them my coconut oil and some of my fancy hairtoys, got to teach each one a new bun, proved that indeed it's not just me that can't braid my hair, my hair is truly unbraidable. I, of course, had a wonderful time, talking hair to other long haired ladies in 3 dimensions and with wine, and they were all delighted as well. I had to share my joy at being able to spread the hair gospel in real life, only you ladies could appreciate how fun this was for me, so I thought I'd share. I think key to getting to have this experience is being able to be totally nonjudgmental about dye, heat, etc - oh maybe not totally nonjudgmental, I did tell them heat toys would trip my breakers, which is actually true. But I also knew I couldn't stand to watch them abuse their hair in my house!

I also wanted to suggest others try too, I had so much fun.

Lisabunny
June 24th, 2012, 06:36 PM
That sounds like so much fun! Thanks for the great idea :)

carrieavaught
June 24th, 2012, 06:39 PM
That does sound like fun. I may have to plan one in my area with my husband cause he can braid hair. (Although he jokes and says I don't have that problem lol) Its sounds very fun!

Sisgoldenhair65
June 24th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Awwww, sounds like soooo much fun!! Everytime I try to talk hair to anyone they are not interested at all. Wish I could've joined. Lol

white.chocolate
June 25th, 2012, 12:36 AM
That is a great idea! I wish I could join one...

white.chocolate
June 25th, 2012, 12:39 AM

Jing
June 25th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Awesomeness! This is why I need more local friends.

prettykitty
June 25th, 2012, 03:39 AM
That sounds fun! I do get to talk hair with the girls at work sometimes, but I end up having to hold my tongue when they say things like, "My hair looked all dry and crappy today, so I straightened it." Eeeeeek.

Oksana
June 25th, 2012, 04:17 AM

Awesomeness! This is why I need more local friends.

I agree, i think i have bored my friends to death with my hair talk :(

Mischamiu
June 25th, 2012, 04:29 AM
sounds amazing!! I would love to do that

PixxieStix
June 25th, 2012, 08:07 AM
I am so jealous, that sounds like it was sooooo much fun! So glad you got to do that.

IvanaGil
June 25th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Sounds awesome. All my friends aren't nearly as interested in long hair as I am. They think I'm obsessed. :( I need to find some long hairs in my area and hunt them down!

heidi w.
June 25th, 2012, 08:33 AM
LHC has a meets community forum just for announcing long hair gatherings and to report on them afterwards, and share pictures with a lot more security than Mane Forum has. It's a neat forum.

Long hair gatherings are a lot of fun. They're also a bit of work to plan, and to plan enough activity for the duration of time allowed. Kudos to you on all your effort, and I'm so glad you had a good time.

heidi w.

Amapola
June 25th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Wow - a long hair gathering? Sounds like a blast! I would do something like that in a heartbeat.

Changling
June 25th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I'm hoping my two younger sisters and I can do something like this when I visit home next week :)

jacqueline101
June 25th, 2012, 09:29 AM
It sounds like fun I don't have anyone to talk about hair.

carrieavaught
June 25th, 2012, 09:36 AM
That sounds fun! I do get to talk hair with the girls at work sometimes, but I end up having to hold my tongue when they say things like, "My hair looked all dry and crappy today, so I straightened it." Eeeeeek.
I may not know much about hair care, but why would she use heat on hair she felt was dry? That just dries it out more.

winteriscoming
June 25th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Oh that sounds so fun! I wish I knew people with long hair..

prettyhairisred
June 25th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I wish more of my friends had long hair!

Amber_Maiden
June 25th, 2012, 05:39 PM
That sounds like so much fun!!