PDA

View Full Version : Tea rinse results!

CurlyCurves
June 24th, 2012, 03:18 PM
**disclaimer** I did use ACV, and DCd at the same time, so it's possible I can't attribute the results to the tea rinse. However, I'm gonna take the risk and say it was the tea rinse :D

I done a tea rinse with chamomile tea, and loved the results! The strange thing was, my hair felt WEIRD after I rinsed it out. Like, it felt all dry and tangled. But then it dried, I touched my hair and I was like 'HOLY F, WHEN DID IT DRY THIS SOFT?!'. Okay, so I didn't say it, but I thought it. Then I rushed to the mirror to look, and the shine was incredible!

I will be trying another tea rinse (perhaps with green tea, this time?) when I DC again next Friday.

So this is what I used, in order;

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/8097_4231499306154_156955572_n.jpg

And the results! I was one happy puppy :cheese:
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/196128_4232009038897_1025112721_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/282991_4232015239052_2022872995_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/208876_4232019319154_990903881_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250795_4232235444557_299105830_n.jpg

^ by the way, that's a bit of facepeel still on my face :D

Shine so bright, it hurts my eyes :cool:

GenLove86
June 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM
very pretty curls!

~honeyflower~
June 24th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Wow! I want to try it now!

CurlyCurves
June 24th, 2012, 03:27 PM
very pretty curls!

Thank you! :)

CurlyCurves
June 24th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Wow! I want to try it now!

You should! I recommend trying it first with some sort of moisturising treatment, just in case it dries your hair out.

rock007junkie
June 24th, 2012, 03:30 PM
That's some crazy shine!!

Kizuna
June 24th, 2012, 03:51 PM
amazingly shiny curls! They look so perfect!

meishkamooshka
June 24th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Holy cow! Congrats on that megashine, and those are incredible curls!

CurlyCurves
June 24th, 2012, 04:06 PM
That's some crazy shine!!

I know, right? Need some sunglasses :cool:

CurlyCurves
June 24th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Holy cow! Congrats on that megashine, and those are incredible curls!

Thank you! :)

SwordWomanRiona
June 24th, 2012, 04:15 PM
BEAUTIFUL curls, and so much shine!! I'm glad the tea rinse worked for you, I love them too :)

CurlyCurves
June 24th, 2012, 04:24 PM
amazingly shiny curls! They look so perfect!

Haha, I wish love! Thanks :)

CurlyCurves
June 24th, 2012, 04:24 PM
BEAUTIFUL curls, and so much shine!! I'm glad the tea rinse worked for you, I love them too :)

Thank you sweetie! I will be trying another one next week and I will post results ;)

SwordWomanRiona
June 24th, 2012, 04:31 PM
'Will be looking forward to the results!!
I did a tea-rinse yesterday, too. I love how soft and shiny my hair feels, and how the tea takes away some of the grease from my roots.

meishkamooshka
June 24th, 2012, 05:02 PM
I'd love to try it with blonde hair. Would chamomile work with a lighter hair color, do you think?

secondrain
June 24th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Omg your hair is gorgeous and the shine is to die for! I'm a newbie just learning how to take care of my curls so thank you so much for the inspiration!

CurlyCurves
June 24th, 2012, 07:04 PM
'Will be looking forward to the results!!
I did a tea-rinse yesterday, too. I love how soft and shiny my hair feels, and how the tea takes away some of the grease from my roots.

Look out for 'em next Friday!

Which tea did you use?

However, today and yesterday (I done the tea rinse on Friday), after I co'wash, it still feels like I have conditioner in my hair. Like, it feels stiff? And like there's residue on it? And I'm pretty sure I rinsed it out properly.

Do you think this is related to the tea rinse?

I am going to have to clarify. I really DON'T want to use shampoo, though I do have a lower sulfate one, but I just hate using shampoo. I try to only do it once every few months.

I will use my ACV tomorrow and see if it solves the problem :)

CurlyCurves
June 24th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I'd love to try it with blonde hair. Would chamomile work with a lighter hair color, do you think?

Chamomile tea rinses bring out the natural tones of your hair, and are supposed to be very good for blondes. Apparently, enhances the 'goldness' of your hair?

I did look for pics to see if I can find examples, but I couldn't find any :(

CurlyCurves
June 24th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Omg your hair is gorgeous and the shine is to die for! I'm a newbie just learning how to take care of my curls so thank you so much for the inspiration!

Thank you and you're VERY welcome! I see you're a 3b also, yay :D

meishkamooshka
June 24th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Chamomile tea rinses bring out the natural tones of your hair, and are supposed to be very good for blondes. Apparently, enhances the 'goldness' of your hair?

I did look for pics to see if I can find examples, but I couldn't find any :(

Thank you so much! Sorry for hijacking your thread, haha! :heart:

SwordWomanRiona
June 25th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Look out for 'em next Friday!

Which tea did you use?

However, today and yesterday (I done the tea rinse on Friday), after I co'wash, it still feels like I have conditioner in my hair. Like, it feels stiff? And like there's residue on it? And I'm pretty sure I rinsed it out properly.

I am going to have to clarify. I really DON'T want to use shampoo, though I do have a lower sulfate one, but I just hate using shampoo. I try to only do it once every few months.

I used to rinse with black tea, but I switched to red tea. I sometimes add some hibiscus+rosehip, too.

I never rinse the tea out, and never notice any stiffness, but that might be because my roots are very greasy...so my hair doesn't turn out dry or stiff after rinsing it with something that's astringent....
Maybe it's makes your hair a bit stiff because your hair is not as greasy-prone as is mine? Even if you rinsed it out? Maybe you can give it another go, and see what happens? If it's still stiff, it might be the tea...
ACV might solve the problem, though, as it'd moisturize your hair again.

GoblinTart
June 25th, 2012, 03:52 AM
*looks at curls, looks at your pics, looks at curls, back to pics* *Pouts* I want your curls!!!

rajini4eva
June 25th, 2012, 03:58 AM
Wow... Such a shine in your hair... I loved it...

ariesfairies
June 25th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Even if you're not sure it's the tea alone, at least assign this your new routine ! :)

I've been focusing on tea rinses alone lately, the concept fascinates me. Nice to see others actively on it too !

Jing
June 25th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Your texture is absolutely lovely! Also shiny, yes. Note to self: get back to tea rinses.

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I used to rinse with black tea, but I switched to red tea. I sometimes add some hibiscus+rosehip, too.

I never rinse the tea out, and never notice any stiffness, but that might be because my roots are very greasy...so my hair doesn't turn out dry or stiff after rinsing it with something that's astringent....
Maybe it's makes your hair a bit stiff because your hair is not as greasy-prone as is mine? Even if you rinsed it out? Maybe you can give it another go, and see what happens? If it's still stiff, it might be the tea...
ACV might solve the problem, though, as it'd moisturize your hair again.

I have a hibiscus tea also, might try that on Friday ..

It might be that. The only time my hair gets greasy is either when;

A) I flat iron it. It gets greasy as HELL within about two days :(

B) I add any sort of oil or heavy lotion to it.

I will give it another go. I used ACV today as well as a lower sulfate shampoo and it's back to normal, if a little dry (hence why I HATE shampoo).

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 08:29 AM
*looks at curls, looks at your pics, looks at curls, back to pics* *Pouts* I want your curls!!!

:D:D thank you!

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Wow... Such a shine in your hair... I loved it...

Thank you!

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Even if you're not sure it's the tea alone, at least assign this your new routine ! :)

I've been focusing on tea rinses alone lately, the concept fascinates me. Nice to see others actively on it too !

I will do! Trying different teas, and I always note the results, so I can find one that works for me, hopefully.

What tea rinses have you done? I see you're a 3a. I have some 3a also :)

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Your texture is absolutely lovely! Also shiny, yes. Note to self: get back to tea rinses.

Thank you!

And yes, note to you, DO TEA RINSES ;)

CurlyCurves
June 25th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Thank you so much! Sorry for hijacking your thread, haha! :heart:

Don't be silly! It's fine :)

ariesfairies
June 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I will do! Trying different teas, and I always note the results, so I can find one that works for me, hopefully.

What tea rinses have you done? I see you're a 3a. I have some 3a also :)

Whoa, yeah we do! :P
I've tried Black tea, Roobios tea, Rosemary, and one time this really crazy concoction of Roobios, Black, Chamomile and one other I cannot remember but its useless because it was absolutely terrible!! :laugh:

So far my favourite is Rosemary.
It's the only one I've tried twice because my friend grows it in her yard and dumps her trims on me and so I'll be doing it tomorrow night again. I was really hoping to try Chamomile next because not only your result was tempting, but I was curious as it's often recommended for blondes rather than brunettes.. I don't know whether I call curses to my frugality with using all my herbs, or that bush that grows like a weed - it's effecting my experiments! :doh:

But yeah, my main fascination with it is really because A. It's cheap to buy by the tea bag if I don't grow it, B. it usually smells nice, C. I like to get as natural and as basic with ingredients as I can get :) And to agree with you on another post - I also hate shampoo! Maybe it's a 3a thing ;)

Still want to test:
- Catnip (growing it in a pot myself)
- Chai
- Peppermint
- Whatever tea is still left in my cupboard
- ???

How about you? Is Chamomile your first or you got others to share? =P

bumblebums
June 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM

I remember having this issue when I experimented with tea rinses. I couldn't use them over extended periods of time because they left a residue that turned dull after a while. Tea with lemon works better for me, although lemon works just as well on its own.

meteor
June 25th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I remember having this issue when I experimented with tea rinses. I couldn't use them over extended periods of time because they left a residue that turned dull after a while. Tea with lemon works better for me, although lemon works just as well on its own.
I agree! I'm sure tea rinses must be a good thing, but I don't like the coated feel on my hair until my next wash. It's almost the same feeling as having hair covered with some heavy leave-in product.

CurlyCurves
September 12th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Whoa, yeah we do! :P
I've tried Black tea, Roobios tea, Rosemary, and one time this really crazy concoction of Roobios, Black, Chamomile and one other I cannot remember but its useless because it was absolutely terrible!! :laugh:

So far my favourite is Rosemary.
It's the only one I've tried twice because my friend grows it in her yard and dumps her trims on me and so I'll be doing it tomorrow night again. I was really hoping to try Chamomile next because not only your result was tempting, but I was curious as it's often recommended for blondes rather than brunettes.. I don't know whether I call curses to my frugality with using all my herbs, or that bush that grows like a weed - it's effecting my experiments! :doh:

But yeah, my main fascination with it is really because A. It's cheap to buy by the tea bag if I don't grow it, B. it usually smells nice, C. I like to get as natural and as basic with ingredients as I can get :) And to agree with you on another post - I also hate shampoo! Maybe it's a 3a thing ;)

Still want to test:
- Catnip (growing it in a pot myself)
- Chai
- Peppermint
- Whatever tea is still left in my cupboard
- ???

How about you? Is Chamomile your first or you got others to share? =P

Sorry for my late reply!

I have used;

- Green tea
- Vanilla Roiboos (sp?)
- Chai tea

And I'm sure I've used other teas, but I can't remember.

The green tea and roiboos were fine. Gave the same results.

But, OMG, the chai was a BIG mistake. It made my hair feel like straw the minute I poured it on. It took my hair several weeks to recover from that.

I wanna try catnip too! But I'm being a cheap arse and not buying it yet :P

And *high five* to the shampoo. I, like a crazy person, was clarifying weekly! Eek, I've dropped that from my routine now. It only needs to be done once in a while!

I used to do them every week and I didn't get this problem as long as I rinsed them out properly. However, I stopped doing them because I got lazy :P I can just about be bothered to do my weekly DC!