PDA

View Full Version : Green hair

Avital88
June 24th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Yes, Green hair..

Yesterday i Bleached over my hendigoed hair and now it is green:bow:

Luckily not all, but a very big chunk of the front of my hair is blond(ish) with a deep green hue.
It's awful!
Ok i think its actually kinda cool,but the people who are close to me think different.:cool:
This is what i did:

I bleached my hair first,then later i put a blond permanent dye on it(because i expected a color change that i wasnt gonna like from the beginning.)
Around 3 inches from my roots i started ,i wanted the ombre look.
It crossed my mind that it could turn green but i thought with the dye over it,it wouldnt be such a big deal as in that it would cover it and i would be safe, but it didnt..
So my question is, anyone had this before? and are there any tricks to solve this?
I thought maybe ketchup? where this idea came from i dont know, but red you solve with green so i figured the other way around could work too?Silver Shampoo?
I have a job interview tomorrow and i rather dont show up with green hair :)
Please help me!! Thanks

PolarCathy
June 24th, 2012, 02:17 PM
OMFG

Try henna over it and/or ask Jellybene!

Also

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=94905

Avital88
June 24th, 2012, 02:18 PM
OMFG

Try henna over it and/or ask Jellybene!

Also

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=94905

I could henna over it, but i dont want that color atm(its like my last option)
But thanks for the suggestion and the link,i will see that thread

cheetahfast
June 24th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Try a golden dye (deposit only), one evened out indigo green for me, now it blends in 100%!

jillosity
June 24th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I've been doing all sorts of strand tests myself since I'm trying to get rid of the henndigo, my findings are that Vitamin C + shampoo treatments might help, but also light auburn permanent color might as well, it cancelled out the green and left it a medium reddish brown.

Good luck!

lapushka
June 24th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I think the best thing is going back to the color it was before (if you no longer want to notice the green), that means henna, then hendigo.

I'm still here trying to wonder why you'd embark on something that you know could turn green the day before such an important event. :o

long&blonde
June 24th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I vote for light auburn permament color. What i'd personally use here would be 2 boxs of nice & easy by Clairol "Lightest golden brown". (They have a light golden brown too:but that's very dark:on me, it turned my blonde to your siggy picture shade) lightest golden brown has a reddish base, and is warm, not ashy. I think it would leave you with a pretty normal reddish chestnut brown color. No green for the interview. You could figure your next move from there. I don't know henna,and from all the "it's forever" dire warnings, i'd hesitate to correct anything with that. Permanent hair color, I know from experience, I've used as many as 3 different shades in a day. No big hair loss. Just in need of some conditioner and benign neglect when I was done! I'd buy 2 boxs of Nice & Easy drugstore lightest golden brown;will take 2 to cover all your hair & saturate, do full head application,leave on 45 minutes: done. Their enclosed conditioner is awesome too.

jojo
June 24th, 2012, 04:28 PM
i got a green cast the first time i used CB4 but it went with further treatments and using ketchup on my hair. I know in some cases it cannot be chemically dyed over but im thinking maybe henna would work in disguising it, indigo is known for turning green with bleach. Dont try bleaching further or it may melt your hair, id go for the henna solution. good luck!