PDA

View Full Version : My first hair haul...and some other things

summerstarlet
June 23rd, 2012, 02:51 PM
Well now that I am getting close to MBL, I decided to buy some hair related items with some of the birthday money I got last week.

The first item I bought was hair butter from Etsy. I really like this so far, despite the fact that I only received it a few days ago. It's vanilla flavored with shea and jojoba oil and it smells divine. Like cake batter which is odd because I don't usually like super sweet things anyway (vanilla's about all I can take).

The second thing I got was a shampoo bar, now I didn't order this at all. It was given as a sample but it's a decent size about 4 oz, which I thought was nice. I don't use shampoo bars but the scent is lovely. It's a lemon rosemary bar so I wonder if the rosemary will help at all with growth. With these I also got some handmade soap samples which was very nice. They smell rather nice and they're very pretty.

The third item I got was perfume. I bought two roll on perfumes from D & R Apothecary and they smell better than I expected. I got a very peppery one called Dare To Be Sexy and a vanilla one (I'm sensing a pattern here). They work well and last all day I put some vanilla on this morning and it still smells sweet after 7 hours.
I also bought some samples from the Body Shop. Eye makeup remover, mattyifying day cream, and smoothing day cream were all among my purchases.
I spent the day with my mum so we went to the mall to get some of these items. I hope whoever read this enjoys :)

spidermom
June 23rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
It's always fun to receive a package in the mail; enjoy!

jacqueline101
June 23rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
Yes gifts and surprises are great.

prettykitty
June 23rd, 2012, 06:31 PM
I adore the scent of Vanilla!

MeowScat
June 24th, 2012, 01:34 AM
That's so cool that they send freebies. I've never ordered from Etsy but wanted to since I started lurking here last summer. I've heard so many LHCers rave about it.

Don't you have to sign up or become an Etsy member to order from there?

Enjoy your loot, I wanna shop for hair stuff now!

starry
June 24th, 2012, 01:48 AM
yeah you do have to sign up- its so amazing and so addictive. Ive got a shop on there too- with makeup-bath-body stuff sellers do often send freebies :)

MeowScat
June 24th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Thank you so much, Starry! I'm going to check it out and sign up. I've never really looked at that site since I thought I wouldn't be allowed to order anything from there.

I know there are a few sites that only allow professional hairstylists / business owners to buy from them. I'm so happy Etsy isn't one of them.

Thanks again!

(end hijack) :)