PDA

View Full Version : Photo Albums: Good news and bad news

Dianyla
March 16th, 2008, 05:16 AM
The good news is that I fixed photo uploading earlier this afternoon. Unfortunately we don't have a permanent fix to the software problem, but we have a reasonable workaround that should hold for some time. If you see the problem happen again, please notify a mod or an admin.

The bad news is that in the process of troubleshooting I mistakenly deleted a number of stored full-size photos. :doh:

This means that for many of your photo albums the thumbnail works, but when you click on it the full-size photo never shows up. The only solution for this is to delete the defunct image entry and upload it from scratch. Any comments associated with the old picture are not recoverable.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes. :oops:

If it makes you feel any better, I managed to nuke my own photo albums in the process. :silly:

Alley Cat
March 16th, 2008, 05:27 AM
I kept wondering why some pictures wouldn't load for me tonight , I was wondering if it was my computer so thanks for that anyway. :)
I lazily haven't got around to loading any pictures myself :shrug:

EdG
March 16th, 2008, 07:11 AM
No problem. I always keep a local copy of everything I upload. :)
Ed

Dianyla
March 16th, 2008, 07:19 AM
No problem. I always keep a local copy of everything I upload. :)
Ed
Egads! I would certainly hope so. :eek:

EdG
March 16th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Egads! I would certainly hope so. :eek:I re-uploaded my album. Took 2 minutes to fix. :)
Ed

Dianyla
March 16th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I re-uploaded my album. Took 2 minutes to fix. :)
Only 2 minutes? Sheesh.

It took me the better part of an hour to put mine all back up. Then again, I started getting distracted looking through photos. In the end I guess it's kind of handy because I found a few more that I wanted to upload, anyway. :shrug:

EdG
March 16th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Only 2 minutes? Sheesh.I have only 6 photos which I put in the same directory.

I have 30 years of experience in working with computers and not losing my data. :D

Thanks Dianyla for fixing the upload! :cheese:
Ed

Rae~
March 16th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the fix, anyway, Dianyla - at least, given the "newness" of this site version, it's a relatively short list of photos that require re-uploading. Not such a big deal at all, and MUCH better to have a fix, no matter how temporary. :)

:flowers:

harley mama
March 16th, 2008, 07:47 AM
I am just happy that the photo albums are working now!
Thanks for working so hard to get them back up Dianyla!
Off to check the albums out.

Dianyla
March 16th, 2008, 07:55 AM
I have 30 years of experience in working with computers and not losing my data. :D
*glances at age*

*raises brow*

Geeky from an early age, eh? :p

EdG
March 16th, 2008, 08:05 AM
*glances at age*

*raises brow*

Geeky from an early age, eh? :pYes, I first encountered a computer at age 13, which is old compared to today's kids. :D
Ed

Dianyla
March 16th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Yes, I first encountered a computer at age 13, which is old compared to today's kids. :D
Ed
But you were ahead of the times, then. :agree:

Nynaeve
March 27th, 2008, 10:01 PM
The good news is that I fixed photo uploading earlier this afternoon. Unfortunately we don't have a permanent fix to the software problem, but we have a reasonable workaround that should hold for some time. If you see the problem happen again, please notify a mod or an admin.

The bad news is that in the process of troubleshooting I mistakenly deleted a number of stored full-size photos. :doh:

This means that for many of your photo albums the thumbnail works, but when you click on it the full-size photo never shows up. The only solution for this is to delete the defunct image entry and upload it from scratch. Any comments associated with the old picture are not recoverable.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes. :oops:

If it makes you feel any better, I managed to nuke my own photo albums in the process. :silly:

Awwww.
I bet everyone has backups if they posted them, especially knowing it is such a new version of the site.

I have only 6 photos which I put in the same directory.

Thanks Dianyla for fixing the upload! :cheese:
Ed

Wow. 30 years with computers. You must know how to play around on many, many models. :)