PDA

View Full Version : BBB kills my neck:(

Zhennni(:
June 23rd, 2012, 09:38 AM
Ive recently started brushing daily as suggested by madora, I followed her instruction of brining all the hair in front like a curtain, brush then gently put it back in place. However I feel a lot of strain on my neck when I am brushing...am I doing something wrong? is this normal?

swearnsue
June 23rd, 2012, 09:44 AM
Not normal. You don't want to strain your neck!

caadam
June 23rd, 2012, 09:48 AM
Since your body isn't used to that kind of position and routine, it's going to respond by being a little strained and feeling uncomfortable. I say try different ways of BBBing. If you're brushing standing up, maybe help your body relax by sitting down and bending over. Don't bend your neck too much but bend over with all of your back so you're not putting all that extra tension in your neck. It'll take some adjusting.

My neck would get super sore when I first started BBBing daily. But eventually my neck started feeling better the more it got used to the action.

However, if you feel like it's just too uncomfortable, which is understandable, you can always BBB in a different way. Sometimes if I'm feeling lazy, I'll part my hair over both of my shoulders, comb it out, and BBB both sections individually. It does the same job.

Zhennni(:
June 23rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the suggestion! I might just try brushing standing up , not bending over

Madora
June 23rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Ive recently started brushing daily as suggested by madora, I followed her instruction of brining all the hair in front like a curtain, brush then gently put it back in place. However I feel a lot of strain on my neck when I am brushing...am I doing something wrong? is this normal?

By all means, Zhenni, if you feel a lot of strain on your neckwhen you brush, then boar bristle brushing standing erect would probably eliminate that pain.

There's nothing wrong about bbbing standing erect. You're still deriving the benefits of the brushing, provided you do it gently and slowly. Before I learned how to brush the "George Michael way" I brushed standing up too (parted my hair in the center and brushed each side 50 strokes).

Always be sure to detangle your hair before starting to brush! Good luck!