PDA

View Full Version : A cute article about the hair in Brave...

faithsdaisy421
June 22nd, 2012, 02:17 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted... but I thought it was cute :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47914137#.T-TQNZEmaSo

DarkCurls
June 22nd, 2012, 03:09 PM
Very cute, and flattering for curlies. :D

KAggs
June 22nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Just saw the movie today, and it basically had LHC written all over it for me. xD

jacqueline101
June 22nd, 2012, 05:19 PM
That article is neat .

Lisabunny
June 22nd, 2012, 07:01 PM
A very cool article. I cannot wait to see the movie :)

Long_hair_bear
June 22nd, 2012, 07:25 PM
Omg the queen's hair in Brave was :thud: I want her hair. I saw the movie this evening. It was wonderful!

SlipJig
June 22nd, 2012, 07:48 PM
Makes you realize how much of a challenge hair is to animate! Interesting stuff.

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie, though I am sure to have mad redhead envy afterwards. Copper curls are so cute.

Bunnysaur
June 22nd, 2012, 07:57 PM
I can't wait to go see it! DF and I were going to go tonight, but the nearest theater is an hour away :( Hopefully this weekend!

elbow chic
June 22nd, 2012, 08:00 PM
Totally want to see that this week. My naturally curly-headed grandma is coming to town and her favorite great-grandchild is a curly girl too-- they'd eat it UPPPP. :laugh:

Dragon Faery
June 22nd, 2012, 08:27 PM
Awesome! LOVE the article, and am sooo excited to see the movie!!! :cheese:

GRU
June 22nd, 2012, 10:59 PM
"It is truly fascinating; curly hair defies physics in the way it moves and behaves."

Okay, so tell me something I DON'T already know! :lol:

brave
June 22nd, 2012, 11:19 PM
Movie was awesome, the hair was simply amazing. You can tell that at some points they were simply showing off what they could do in terms of realism.

ariesfairies
June 22nd, 2012, 11:26 PM
Knowing a little about 3D animations history with hair, I say well done for finally tackling long curly hair!
It was always progression with the teams - earliest movies started off with stuff like Toy Story and Finding Nemo with nearly no hair in the characters.. then we got more with hair ie. Madagascar (yes I know its Dreamworks!) but all their hair and fur was straight. Glad to see curly hair finally get rendered, kudos to the work teams!

CareBear
June 23rd, 2012, 04:04 PM
Saw it yesterday with Dh, and as we were leaving, I said something about the ladies on the hair forum being excited about the curly red hair, and he said, the Queens hair was really long and pretty. LOL! LHC brainwashing has moved from my head to his via pillow osmosis!
Liked the movie by the way, I thought they did a superb job animating the bear, as well as the horse behavior.

Nae
June 23rd, 2012, 07:21 PM
Yep, good movie for sure. I teared up a couple of times, I am going to admit it.

kpzra
June 23rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
I'm hoping this comes to a theater near me, it looks cute.

AddictedToKH
June 23rd, 2012, 08:47 PM
"It is truly fascinating; curly hair defies physics in the way it moves and behaves."

I was thinking the same thing! XD

It's very fascinating for me to read articles like this, being a film student; even though I'm not an animator, I've taken animating classes and the process of mimicking and exaggerating real movement in an unreal situation to make it seem real again... it's magical.

Also, it really amuses me to read that the team was fascinated by curly hair. Being naturally curly, I can't imagine what people find so interesting about it, lol.

Can't wait to see this movie. :)

PixxieStix
June 23rd, 2012, 10:17 PM
Omg the queen's hair in Brave was :thud: I want her hair. I saw the movie this evening. It was wonderful!

I know right?! The movie was wonderful, and the hair was just astounding!

MeowScat
June 23rd, 2012, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the link, that was an interesting article. I can't believe it took them 3 years just to do her hair and 2 months for one hair scene. Fascinating.

Now I really want to see this movie. Not for the story...but for the hair. Tee-Hee! :D

Kyla
June 23rd, 2012, 11:13 PM
I saw Brave last night! :D It was such a beautiful movie, and yeah, I could NOT stop staring at the curls in jealousy. The queen's hair was beautiful too, but I wish it had clearly shown the full length of it when it was down.

misspurdy06
June 24th, 2012, 12:10 AM
I saw this movie and it's the first movie to ever make me cry.

The scene at the end when Merida thinks she has lost her mother.

My boyfriend was really impressed with the animation of her hair and understood why I wanted to dye my hair red and perm it. lol

I am going to show him this article. And go see the movie again.

ChasingRainbows
June 24th, 2012, 12:28 AM
I think this article is one to go down in history for curlies. I love how interested they are in it! Can't wait to see the movie, even if the rest of my family isn't up for it! I'm draggin' em' there with me for sure!

woolyleprechaun
June 24th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Nice! Well spotted :)

Zesty
June 24th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Love the article! :) I really want to see this movie, but I don't know if we could find it playing in English here (and my German is limited to mostly numbers at this point...).

Changling
June 24th, 2012, 05:05 AM

OMG, GRU I thought of you and your siggy pic immediately when I saw the first ad for Brave!

Saw it yesterday with Dh, and as we were leaving, I said something about the ladies on the hair forum being excited about the curly red hair, and he said, the Queens hair was really long and pretty. LOL! LHC brainwashing has moved from my head to his via pillow osmosis!
Liked the movie by the way, I thought they did a superb job animating the bear, as well as the horse behavior.

My BF and I loved the horse! He behaved so naturally, it was really striking. I was thinking while watching it, this is a great movie for girls...and mothers...and hair-lovers...and horse-lovers...AND celts! There are so many awesome things about it.

Yep, good movie for sure. I teared up a couple of times, I am going to admit it.

Honestly thought I was going to cry right at the beginning, when the music started up. Because my mom's side is all Irish, and she plays celtic music at home all the time. I need to get back for a visit <3