PDA

View Full Version : Random - If you've been to Ren Fest

AspenSong
June 22nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
And got your hair braided, how much did it cost?

I'm curious because I've been looking and I'm not finding anything to help me see how much it might cost - Hubby and I are possibly going to head down to the Colorado Ren Fest tomorrow and of course, all I want to do is get my hair braided. haha.
But I'm just not finding much on how much it might run and can't get ahold of the festival to ask about their booths, and I'd like to have a ballpark idea to see if I'll even be able to do it!

cindy58
June 22nd, 2012, 02:09 PM
I did mine a few years ago and it was about $24 I think.

Here's one of the pics:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1808&pictureid=21612

elfgirl
June 22nd, 2012, 02:13 PM
I got my hair braided at the Dickens Christmas Fair by the lady who also braids at the Northern California Rennaissance Faire. They generally have different rates, from what i recall, the most expensive was $75. Depending on the complexity and or intricacy of the design/braid patterns, the higher the cost. I think there was a circle/crown braid for $15, can't remember. It basically depends on what exactly you're looking for. I'd say talk to one of the people at the booths, tell them what you had in mind, and your budget, and they'd probably be able to work something out for you. :) Sometimes they have a "custom" braid, too, where you name a price, and then they come up with something. That's what I did.

In the case of my set of braids in my one album, I gave her a price of $60, I believe, and she said she'd come up with something unique and within the limits of the price.

I hope that makes sense! i just got back from lunch and am sleepy from food, so my mind is a little wonky, but I tried to get everything to sound clear :)

darklyndsea
June 22nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
$29, for a 5-strand dutch braid into a bun the last time I went.

Madora
June 22nd, 2012, 03:32 PM
I've never had my hair braided at a Ren Faire or a Dickens Faire. However, one year at our Dickens Faire the braider had a book of styles, with matching prices. Highest was $85.00 for something really complex.

Thing to remember, however, is that you sometimes need the thickness to carry off the style well. Length helps too. Not to say that you can't have a stunning 'do with shorter hair too.

It is just that some people (speaking generally here) gravitate to the really intricate style, when they don't have the hair to pull it off...and then are disappointed with the result after they forked over all that money.

saffy2yrs
June 22nd, 2012, 05:23 PM
I have gotten my hair braided a lot at fairs around CA, and prices range from 18-35 for me depending on the braider.