PDA

View Full Version : I removed the very last traces of hendigo and dare i say this is hip? *pics*

jojo
June 22nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Well last year I was on a mission to remove hendigo from my hair, manged to remove the bulk of it with colour B4 but it was still red and patchy in areas. Today I had one last attempt to remove it but used a new product by Scott Cornwall called decolour restorer, it has no bleach, peroxide or ammonia and works by shattering rather than shrinking dye molecules. The rinsing time is a lot less and theres no buffer stage with it, just apply, leave an hour, rinse for 5 mins and then add a balm to correct the pH. My hair feels fantastic not a bit dry or damaged and it worked wonderfully, I even have my old fine highlights in the back, back!

The water actually turned an orangy/blue colour when rinsing. I seriously thought all the indigo had gone but some muct have been lurking, my siggi photo shows the colour my hair settled at, i just hope this doesnt darken.

its very close to my natural colour too, which makes me happy as now I can concentrate on growing and now getting paranoid about the colour anymore.

Anyway in May I trimmed to my siggi photo which put me back to waist but I was happy as my ends are better. I straightened to see if i had any visible growth and I can see lots, dare I call this hip or am i being too ambitious, im thinking maybe a few more months but hip or not I am at last at peace with my hairs length, colour and condition!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/nearlyhiphip.jpgtoday
and when i first hendigoed
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/34008_438368025782_549665782_6199046_2676926_n.jpg

thanks for looking!:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Avital88
June 22nd, 2012, 01:00 PM
ahh you look so pretty in the picture jojo!
And you must have been on holiday,you are so tanned,i also like the haircolor you have now, and it surely looks like hip to me.. Congrats !!

Valfreyja
June 22nd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Give it a few months more! You're so close, just leave it alone for a bit and it'll get there before you know it... Is the siggy pic the most recent? If so, I'm loving the colour you've settled on. Looks lovely. xx

bunzfan
June 22nd, 2012, 01:29 PM
I reckon your be even closer by next month but your nearly there :D

Madora
June 22nd, 2012, 01:40 PM
Very nice, jojo! I'd say you're just skimming hip. Congrats!

akilina
June 22nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Wow I envy that you are solid natural color!
Great pic :)

jojo
June 22nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
ahh you look so pretty in the picture jojo!
And you must have been on holiday,you are so tanned,i also like the haircolor you have now, and it surely looks like hip to me.. Congrats !!
thank you, I liked it dark but felt i needed to wear make up for it to look good if that makes sense! yes just come back from Mexico was fantastic just need to get the pounds off i gained :D

Give it a few months more! You're so close, just leave it alone for a bit and it'll get there before you know it... Is the siggy pic the most recent? If so, I'm loving the colour you've settled on. Looks lovely. xx
no my siggi is may's photo, my recent biggest one is my hair after all the hendigo has gone, its near enough my natural colour now no more dye for me!

I reckon your be even closer by next month but your nearly there :D
its such a pain getting there isnt it? not long hanging in!!!

jojo
June 22nd, 2012, 01:46 PM
Very nice, jojo! I'd say you're just skimming hip. Congrats!
aww thank you, thats really exciting never been this long ever!

Wow I envy that you are solid natural color!
Great pic :)
well as natural as what was lurking underneath, strange seeing old highlights, theres only a few but its proof the nasty hendigo has really gone, praying it wont re-oxygenate or whatever you call it does when it darkens! and thank you too

Roscata
June 22nd, 2012, 02:49 PM
Your hair looks great! It looks shinny and healthy, which is amazing after so many chemical processes to remove henndigo. Bravo! :D

spidermom
June 22nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
I would put you at skimming hip; close enough.
I'm glad you're happy with the color.

lapushka
June 22nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
Yep, I'd call that hip length. Congrats! :)

Othala
June 22nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
Scott Cornwall is a flippin' genius. The DeColour is such an improvement on Colour B4 and better than JoBaz IMO. Maybe that is why every Boots I try and the Boots online site is out of stock of it at the moment.

jillosity
June 22nd, 2012, 03:11 PM
really nice and I am excited to read about anyone successfully removing henndigo, since I'm attempting the same thing! Congratulations!

BrightEyes
June 22nd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Your hair is so beautiful, so shiny and silky. I really like your color too:)

jojo
June 22nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Your hair looks great! It looks shinny and healthy, which is amazing after so many chemical processes to remove henndigo. Bravo! :D thank you
there quite gentle treatments really never had no damage from them but there was a lot, the new decolour is way better, my hair feels like a born again virgin again

I would put you at skimming hip; close enough.
I'm glad you're happy with the color.:cheese: thanks spidey i appreciate your input

Yep, I'd call that hip length. Congrats! :):cheese: super excited, thank you so much

Scott Cornwall is a flippin' genius. The DeColour is such an improvement on Colour B4 and better than JoBaz IMO. Maybe that is why every Boots I try and the Boots online site is out of stock of it at the moment. i agree i liked colour b4 but it does dry your hair immediately after using, nothing a deep condition doesnt solve, i must have pretty resilient hair as i never got no damage from it, but the new decolour is amazing, i was worried it might damage though theres nothing hard core which could but you still worry right? as soon as you rinse its soft and it dries shiny. The colour stripper looks harsh to me but the one in the green box id highly recommend for those wanting to remove old dye without stripping the hair down to the wood! hope you manage to get some.

really nice and I am excited to read about anyone successfully removing henndigo, since I'm attempting the same thing! Congratulations! Good luck with your quest, i totally understand how frustrating it is, i liked the hendigo but i think it was a little too much for my colouring, i needed to wear make up or felt i did, now i feel my skin matches my hair. It took me a lot of attempts to get here and with colour before it took 3 attempts before it dented the henna, but then once you have cracked the coating it just gets lighter each time. I did have some re-darkening which annoyed me and my ends were harder to remove, but it does work. It was a year ago i started trying to remove it so its a long laborious process, I love decolour and the fact you even see the water go orangey blue and this is nearly 2 years after my last application is proof enough for me that it works. I hope you too get positive results if you decide to try this new product.

Your hair is so beautiful, so shiny and silky. I really like your color too:)
thank you so much, i feel like my real hair in touch, texture and colour has come home to me. Now i can let the greys mingle and concentrate on getting some serious length!

Lucky_Lucy
June 22nd, 2012, 05:08 PM
Congrats! Your hair looks beautiful, the colour is great and I would say it definitely looks like you're at hip(or extremely close to it)!

jacqueline101
June 22nd, 2012, 05:09 PM
Wow that product worked wonders. Your hair looks great and I would wait a month or so and see if you're at hip.

jojo
June 22nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Congrats! Your hair looks beautiful, the colour is great and I would say it definitely looks like you're at hip(or extremely close to it)!
ahh thank you, its a flys fart away getting good growth at the moment, long may it continue!

Wow that product worked wonders. Your hair looks great and I would wait a month or so and see if you're at hip.
thanks Jaqueline, your such a sweet girl, yes it has im so happy.

My new avatar shows my starting length on the right and my virgin colour, quite a good match. I hope my experience gives somebody else who is trying to rid of henna, hendigo or indigo the encouragement that miracles can and do happen!

Macaroni
June 22nd, 2012, 05:19 PM
Nice work and you are surely hip!

kdaniels8811
June 22nd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Hi, JoJo! Yes, that is hip! Wow! Your hair has really grown. It looks beaurtiful and I am glad you were able to remove the hendigo without damage. That is quite a feat! Congratulations on the awesome length! Hip, Hip, Hooray!

cheetahfast
June 22nd, 2012, 05:57 PM
I looks beautiful!!!
Now, I have no idea where hip is on myself, so I'm useless to others...

Lissandria
June 22nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
That is most definitely what I call hip- it looks well past the top of your hip bones. Some peoples idea of hip may be closer to what others call BCL/tailbone- but I reckon you're there! :)

I really like your natural blonde- tis a lovely colour. Thankyou for sharing re Scott Cornwall's Decolour. Now to find a store that will ship down here!

Congrats on hip and virgin hair :flower:

Sisgoldenhair65
June 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
Wow, hip AND virgin hair!! Congrats....looks beautiful!

Falcore
June 22nd, 2012, 10:11 PM
Your hair looks beautiful and so are you :)

Allychan
June 22nd, 2012, 10:19 PM
Wow I can't believe you managed to remove the colour with what looks like no damage! Mine'd be ripped to shreds if I attempted a smidgen of what you've done.

I am the opposite to you, I look washed out if I go light so prefer the dark. Not black though, then I just look like a witch cackle! cackle! cackle!

MissAlyssa
June 22nd, 2012, 10:24 PM
Those are awesome results :) I really want to try that color remover now, but I'm in America =/

Rini
June 22nd, 2012, 10:53 PM
Well done jojo! I know what a pain removing henna is. I'm so glad you are happy with it now. It looks just lovely :inlove:

GlennaGirl
June 23rd, 2012, 12:01 AM
Jojo, you look so pretty! I'd call it hip.

CurlyMopTop
June 23rd, 2012, 08:33 AM
I'd say you're at hip, or pretty darn close to it! Very pretty Jojo! ;D

Debra83
June 23rd, 2012, 09:23 AM
LOVE the dark colour, but glad you are happy with the results!!! Good growing!!! :D

Othala
June 23rd, 2012, 12:46 PM
I used the Decolour today to try and remove some of my henndigo. followed the instructions to the letter but unfortunately my colour did not shift at all and I am left with a strong sulphuric smell on my head, LOL. This product is very gentle and has not irritated my scalp at all I am happy to report.

Strangely my hair quality seems to have improved considerably with this treatment. No idea why. The Part 3 sachet of Conclude Balm is an awesome deep conditioner so that may be why. The carton does come with instructions not to use Decolour to remove Henna and not to use Henna after using Decolour. I am taking a risk I know by ignoring these instructions/warnings.

I guess I will have to be satisfied with becoming a Henna red-head only gradually, one month at a time from my roots down.

BTW, I have seen this product work wonderfully on removing commercial hair dyes from my friends hair, so it is not a faulty product, it is just being used inappropriately by me.

Micayla47
June 23rd, 2012, 01:31 PM
jojo, you have beautiful hair and both colors are super flattering on you :)

jojo
June 23rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Nice work and you are surely hip! thank you

Hi, JoJo! Yes, that is hip! Wow! Your hair has really grown. It looks beaurtiful and I am glad you were able to remove the hendigo without damage. That is quite a feat! Congratulations on the awesome length! Hip, Hip, Hooray!
since stopping smoking its doubled its monthly growth, plus ive been using baby oil for a few months now and im positive its helped my hair retain the length and made it stronger

I looks beautiful!!!
Now, I have no idea where hip is on myself, so I'm useless to others...
im a bit like that, i can just feel the top of my hip bones where my hair falls but wasnt sure if hip length was classed as top of bone or below bit like BSL really i suppose!

That is most definitely what I call hip- it looks well past the top of your hip bones. Some peoples idea of hip may be closer to what others call BCL/tailbone- but I reckon you're there! :) theres not a lot of difference between my waist and hips, waist to hip has probably been the easiest to grow to, APL to bsl being the hardest!

I really like your natural blonde- tis a lovely colour. Thankyou for sharing re Scott Cornwall's Decolour. Now to find a store that will ship down here!

Congrats on hip and virgin hair :flower: if you go on his FB book page he mentions about international shipping, i wouldnt be surprised if you can get it on amazon soon. and thank you

Wow, hip AND virgin hair!! Congrats....looks beautiful!
thank you, im really please with it

Your hair looks beautiful and so are you :) aww thanks

Wow I can't believe you managed to remove the colour with what looks like no damage! Mine'd be ripped to shreds if I attempted a smidgen of what you've done.

I am the opposite to you, I look washed out if I go light so prefer the dark. Not black though, then I just look like a witch cackle! cackle! cackle!
I looked washed out without make up too, i think the ideal colour is the one you dont feel the need to wear make up with and im sure you look nothing like a witch silly!!!

Those are awesome results :) I really want to try that color remover now, but I'm in America =/
Scott cornwall does international shipping dunno how much postage would be, but if a few of you wanted in America, why not do a group buy to save on costs! its well worth it.

Well done jojo! I know what a pain removing henna is. I'm so glad you are happy with it now. It looks just lovely :inlove: oh isnt it just, its even took the colour off my silvers, now i can let them come through. I am lucky that i got it off, seemed a good idea at the time hendigoing but never again its a pig to get out. Id have been happy to stop with hendigo but after being diagnosed with hypothyroidism my greys came through fast and I didnt want white roots, now it just looks like ive natural highlights, there is some chemical highlights in the length which now show but they just blend the silvers in more, renegrey for me!

Jojo, you look so pretty! I'd call it hip.
aww thank you

I'd say you're at hip, or pretty darn close to it! Very pretty Jojo! ;D
thank you

LOVE the dark colour, but glad you are happy with the results!!! Good growing!!! :D
the dark was nice, iloved the shine but i did look like a ghost without make up, now i dont feel the need to wear make up apart from mascara that is, the sun has even bleached my eyelashes on the ends!

I used the Decolour today to try and remove some of my henndigo. followed the instructions to the letter but unfortunately my colour did not shift at all and I am left with a strong sulphuric smell on my head, LOL. This product is very gentle and has not irritated my scalp at all I am happy to report.

Strangely my hair quality seems to have improved considerably with this treatment. No idea why. The Part 3 sachet of Conclude Balm is an awesome deep conditioner so that may be why. The carton does come with instructions not to use Decolour to remove Henna and not to use Henna after using Decolour. I am taking a risk I know by ignoring these instructions/warnings.

I guess I will have to be satisfied with becoming a Henna red-head only gradually, one month at a time from my roots down.

BTW, I have seen this product work wonderfully on removing commercial hair dyes from my friends hair, so it is not a faulty product, it is just being used inappropriately by me.
You know what my hair feels even better too, its strange how that happens, dont give up you can use it as often as you want, it took me basically a year to fully get rid of it. I used it with a heat cap for 30 mins, only kept it on for the hour, the colour b4 i kept on for 3 hours a time and never got as good results as this. Regarding Scott cornwall saying dont use on henna, i think he is refering to ones with Metallic salts in, if you have used BAQ you will not have a problem, honey treatments help break down the henna too. My hair was very dark id used lush hendigo, i found henna faded on me but the indigo which id read faded fast stuck with me. Do a few more treatments and use heat to activate it more, it takes patience but im sure if i can get rid of it anybody can...good luck!

jojo, you have beautiful hair and both colors are super flattering on you :)
thank you so much

elbow chic
June 23rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
Ah, yes, the henndigo was really pretty but I can imagine it would wash a person out who didn't have the right coloring for it. Your hair looks awesome and so do you!!

Aredhel77
June 23rd, 2012, 02:26 PM
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread Jojo (specifically i.e whether or not it reoxidises - and I honestly hope it doesn't! :flower:) because I only had partial removal of Lush henndigo with Colour B4 - so if this version really works I may try it to see if I can get the last bit off my hair. So I'm vicariously living through you lol. I'm glad it looks to have turned out well. And great growth! :smile:

jojo
June 23rd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Ah, yes, the henndigo was really pretty but I can imagine it would wash a person out who didn't have the right coloring for it. Your hair looks awesome and so do you!!
i love dark hair as it give so much shine off, but the skin colour has to be right really, i did like it at the time but it wasnt long before i craved my own colour back.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread Jojo (specifically i.e whether or not it reoxidises - and I honestly hope it doesn't! :flower:) because I only had partial removal of Lush henndigo with Colour B4 - so if this version really works I may try it to see if I can get the last bit off my hair. So I'm vicariously living through you lol. I'm glad it looks to have turned out well. And great growth! :smile:
so far so good, no darkening at all..as yet! I am really hoping it stays this colour. Id say i removed 90% of the hendigo but it did end up slightly darker than my natural colour. The decolour in my opinion is much better, no long rinsing times, no dryness but still the smell yuk! as with CB4 its well worth a try but do use heat to help activate the decolour, it helps a lot! good luck!

winteriscoming
June 25th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Looks like hip to me! Congrats on your growth :)

snowcloud
June 25th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I like it.. Your natural hair color is clean

jojo
June 25th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Looks like hip to me! Congrats on your growth :)
thank you

I like it.. Your natural hair color is clean

thats a new one on me but thank you:D

Firefly
June 25th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I really like your natural hair color, Jojo. Very pretty! And yes, definitely I'd say your at hip now. BTW I've loved watching your hair journey since we are similar hair types. Gives me hope!

blondie9912
June 25th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I love your colour now, it really suits your complexion. Your natural colour will look great on you when it's grown out!

jojo
June 25th, 2012, 07:45 PM
^^ thanks well at least it will blend more than a dark brown, much happier with it! cheers!