PDA

View Full Version : 3 inches in 2 months?!?

Shadow Walker
June 22nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Hi everyone! Recently I've drastically been changing up my diet, and I've been trying hard to cut out all of the bad stuff like processed food and soda and stuff. I've been taking vitamin supplements every day along with whey protein, and my results have been amazing!

Here is a shot of my hair in February after I trimmed a couple inches off.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/665/130909.png

It's 4 months later now, but I've only been on the vitamins and whey for about 2 months. My growth from February to March, and March to April was a little less than a half inch each month, which is below my average. However, during this time I was doing small trims myself, and probably took close to an inch off. But after I started my new routine, here's the results:

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u465/LordDreadfire/120622-114639-1.jpg

Amazing, I've gone from hip to just shy of tailbone already! I may trim back to hip and maintain there for awhile because there's damage I'm not too fond of, even if you can't see it in the picture.

For those curious as to what I'm taking, here's the list:

1. Youngevity 'Beyond Tangy Tangerine'. This stuff is awesome, and is packed with all the vitamins, minerals, and trace elements your body needs.

2. Youngevity 'Ultimate EFA' (essential fatty acids)

3. Body Fortress whey protein

Also a few interesting notes, since I've been on the vitamins I've also dropped 10 pounds (it's not even marketed as weight loss!), my seasonal allergies are gone, and so is my asthma. This is definitely the healthiest I've ever been, and my hair growth is the proof!

akilina
June 22nd, 2012, 11:24 AM
Awesome. Yet another example of how being healthy and growing your hair from the INSIDE out always works (although probably unintentional on your part lol)

jacqueline101
June 22nd, 2012, 11:28 AM
There is the saying you're what you eat. I never believed it until now I've seen proof of it.

spidermom
June 22nd, 2012, 11:30 AM
I know how terrific that is because I get 3 inches in 2 months during summer and fall, then growth slows to a crawl for winter, picks up a bit in the spring.

ScarletRose
June 22nd, 2012, 11:51 AM
That's really awesome, Congrats!!! :hifive:

Calaelen
June 22nd, 2012, 11:56 AM
wow! that is some serious growth. I hope to get even a fraction of that with my new Whole 30 trial, and adding some good supplements. You have stunning hair btw!

Roscata
June 22nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Awesome growth! Congrats on reaching tailbone! :D

Ephemeral
June 22nd, 2012, 12:09 PM
I have serious hair envy! Great job...

letibear
June 22nd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Wow, awesome hair! Congrats on your growth, it looks great :D

swearnsue
June 22nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Your hair really grew! It looks thicker too.

leslissocool
June 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
YAY!!!! :happydance: looking great! Health is an amazing investment I am so glad your allergies are gone :cheer:

I also drink the body fortress, if you work out and drink it after it's got creatine and recovers your muscles faster. I don't get nearly as sore as I used to!

Honey_Bear89
June 22nd, 2012, 12:26 PM
Hair envy!!

meishkamooshka
June 22nd, 2012, 12:45 PM
Oh my goodness! Congratulations on the hair and on being healthier! Way to go! :thumbsup:

Carissamarie08
June 22nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Awesome growth , so jealous!

Tia2010
June 22nd, 2012, 12:51 PM
Amazing growth...I'm jealous! I think I better invest in some better vitamins!

Valfreyja
June 22nd, 2012, 01:16 PM
Um... I'd best start taking those vitamins again! Looking good.

Alva
June 22nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Looking great, awesome results :D

ozzy
June 22nd, 2012, 01:39 PM
beautifull hair!

Shadow Walker
June 22nd, 2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks everyone!

From my experience and research, the vitamin powders work best because your body absorbs it more efficiently in liquid form.

Lucky_Lucy
June 22nd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Congrats on the amazing growth!!
Diet must really make a difference and eating healthy food surely means healthier hair! Also supplements do help, but the ones you're taking seem to work like magic<3

NJoy
June 22nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Awesome progress! :cheese: Congrats!

NeenyOtaku
June 22nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
Awesome hair,looks sooo thick, very jell. I find my hair grows quicker with protein and vits.

Falcore
June 22nd, 2012, 10:59 PM
Wow! That is amazing growth!

I've been wanting to try whey protein but it's quite expensive; though I read you can actually make it yourself.. hmm it's tempting me after seeing your pics.

Congrats!

SurferB
June 22nd, 2012, 11:27 PM
Awesome dude!! Looks amazing! I also had over 2 inches this month due to a diet change! The warmer months, hair growths faster!

SurferB
June 22nd, 2012, 11:28 PM
Wow! That is amazing growth!

I've been wanting to try whey protein but it's quite expensive; though I read you can actually make it yourself.. hmm it's tempting me after seeing your pics.

Congrats!

Whey protein from grass fed, organic cows is only $13 at Whole Foods Market. That's where I get mine.

jojo
June 23rd, 2012, 04:26 PM
Well done you, whey protein has given me excellent growth too! you have had exceptional growth and im so pleased for you that your health conditions have improved too!

natural_shine
June 23rd, 2012, 04:33 PM
I like the dog! Can't see too well, beagle or basset? Very cool! Your hair growth is great too, surprizing, wow, you could almost feel it grow, right? lol. Congrats, both on the dog and hair.

ChasingRainbows
June 23rd, 2012, 11:56 PM
That's amazing! Thank you for sharing what supplements you take! I've been curious as to if I should start taking them, and you made me one step closer to trying them out. And congratulations on all the improvements in your health!

Bunnysaur
June 24th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Wow! Your hair looks great, and that is just :thud: growth!

Gilly
June 24th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Great hair growth Shadow!!!:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Phalaenopsis
June 24th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Okay, maybe stupid question but, do you also have to shave more then? When I get extra growth from something, most of the times it also means I suddenly have to pluck my eyebrows almost daily, because the growing is not only better on my head, but also on the rest of my body :p

Shadow Walker
June 24th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Okay, maybe stupid question but, do you also have to shave more then? When I get extra growth from something, most of the times it also means I suddenly have to pluck my eyebrows almost daily, because the growing is not only better on my head, but also on the rest of my body :p

Yes, I have had to shave my face more often than ususal, but I can deal with it. Also, your hair looks amazing! :thud:

Phalaenopsis
June 24th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Yes, I have had to shave my face more often than ususal, but I can deal with it. Also, your hair looks amazing! :thud:
Thank you, yours too! ^^