PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this?

Lucie159
June 22nd, 2012, 09:34 AM
I just wanted to know. I have really curly hair, and when I trim, I flat iron it first so that I can see how much I am trimming off. I know it sounds crazy, but when I trim when its wet and curly I feel like I am taking off too much. I know its crazy to damage my hair to trim off the damage, but its the only time I flat iron. ha.. then I soak the ends in oil and do my regular co the next day. Does anyone else do this?

DarkCurls
June 22nd, 2012, 09:39 AM
Well, I don't self-trim (yet, since I'm going for no trims at all in 2012; on January 1st, 2013 I will definitely self trim), but when I do, I doubt I'd straighten it beforehand... I hate the frying sensation I get when I straighten my hair, and I prefer my hair curly anyway.
I don't see what the difference (for you) is between doing it with your hair straight, and doing it with your hair wet? My hair is never 100% straight (unless under full blast during shower), but it's definitely straight-ish when it's wet, straight enough to trim easily?
I'd probably dry-trim, though, and curly. Because the good thing about curly hair is that it can be as uneven as it wants to, and no one will be able to tell. :p

kitschy
June 22nd, 2012, 09:39 AM
I don't do that, but I do trim my hair while it is wet. Even though they tell curlies not to do that because it bounces up so much when it dries, I've found that when it is BCL wet/waist length dry, after a 1/2" trim, it is 1/2" above BCL and almost waist length when it dries, it hardly matters.

lapushka
June 22nd, 2012, 10:44 AM
Maybe this will help. She's a member here, and cuts according to the curly girl method:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWuQ7lJrPb4&feature=plcp