PDA

View Full Version : Should I expect and adjustment period?

LaFlor
June 22nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
I decided to experiment with my hair to see if I could possibly switch to Suave Naturals instead of the heavy products I've been using.

I did a CWC wash lastnight, with suave coconut and suave clarifying shampoo, and I actually like the results I got. I was expecting a horribly dry mess, but it just looks like normal healthy hair. The last time I tried this was before I had chopped off the last of my perm damage, so the results are very different than I got before.

But I have to wonder, since the results were good this first wash, am I in for some kind of adjustment period later on?
Or should I expect to keep having the same results?

Amanah
June 22nd, 2012, 08:03 AM
My scalp tends to be dry, after awhile of using Suave Coconut I had to switch to a more moisturizing conditioner.

caadam
June 22nd, 2012, 08:16 AM
You might, and you might not. Every person adjusts differently, if at all sometimes. I know there are some people who can go from one method to the next without any kind transition period, and they're lucky. lol

LadyTheta
July 1st, 2012, 03:25 PM
My scalp tends to be dry, after awhile of using Suave Coconut I had to switch to a more moisturizing conditioner.
I just today bought a bottle of Suave Coconut Conditionerto use for CO wash of my hair.
I'll be interested to hear of others' reports on this product, especially those of us "2s", wurlies, with porous hair texture tending to be "dry" vs. oily also.

A question: since the ingredients read as containing "-nones" (not -cones) --- anyone know anything about "nones" -?? Same/similar to cones?
Many thanks for any info re: "-nones".

brave
July 1st, 2012, 03:33 PM
-nones tend to be so the product doesn't go bad. I think the suave conditioners have something like methalyptyeradachtylenone or something ridiculously long, right at the end, and they're preservatives.

LadyTheta
July 1st, 2012, 03:43 PM
-nones tend to be so the product doesn't go bad. I think the suave conditioners have something like methalyptyeradachtylenone or something ridiculously long, right at the end, and they're preservatives.
Thanks, brave!

catamonica
July 1st, 2012, 03:56 PM
I've used horse shampoo & Suave Aloe Vera. I put two capfuls of olive oil in my shampoo. My hair is dry. It helps. And I use oil & water in a spray bottle, wait eight
minutes, then shampoo. It really helps.

Sisgoldenhair65
July 1st, 2012, 04:50 PM
I use and LOVE Suave Naturals shampoo and conditioner!!!