PDA

View Full Version : Dye and lush henna--Help please

Tia2010
June 22nd, 2012, 12:56 AM
I have been considering getting some Lush Caca Brun and Noir to try.

I like my hair a deep chocolate brown verging on soft black but I like my red undertones... I like the warmth it gives me.

So I have a few questions for all those that have use Lush Henna's.

*If I decide to go back to conventional dyes... can I after using Lush Henna? Chances are I wont but I want to cover my bases. I don't want to destroy my hair!

*When the brun or noir fades am I left with the 'henna red' or does it all sort of fade out to what I had before I used it?

*I know henna is permanent, but I keep hearing that Lush fades out unlike other hennas..Is that true?

Finally here are a few pictures... This is my hair color after using Manic Panic (which faded very quickly) I like the black but it wasn't the color I was after. I wanted darker but still warm from my red.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/Tiablueeyez/Hair%20journey/4d42a754.jpg

This is my underlying red which you really can only see in the light. http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/Tiablueeyez/Hair%20journey/99d1d5d7.jpg when I put dark dye it over it you can't see the red ...until I hit the sun. Then you see it :)

So I am looking for a very dark but soft black without destroying all my red undertones...Will a Noir and brun mixed do that or am I out of my league here.

Avital88
June 22nd, 2012, 01:16 AM
hi there.

Yes you can dye over lush henna, and it fades more to a lighter brown with a red hue, but not to red at all!
I suggest you try Noir,because it fades so quick! Brun never gave me anything near a darker brown, more a boring brown. it fades pretty quick, 2 weeks at most to enjoy the deep color but wow does it give shine! Ive trie dmarron,brun and noir,but sticked to noir in the end.If i wasnt living with someone else now(where im not allowed to use any dyes in the bathroom) i would def.use it every 4 weeks then,its so good .
Good luck on your adventure :)

Tia2010
June 22nd, 2012, 11:56 AM
Thank you :)

I may just forget the brun and go with just the noir... I really like dark rich color but was worried it would cancel out all my red undertones leaving me too cool and blue toned. But if it fades I wont be as worried because if I hate it it will go away :)

And I like that I can dye over it if I eventually choose too. I was worried about that... Although I'm hoping I never go back to conventional dye. ;)

I have been going back and forth between should I use Lush or Elumen to get the color I wanted but I think I may start with Lush and see where it goes.

rbecks
June 22nd, 2012, 12:24 PM
You can always put some add ins to the noir to increase red or warm tones like espresso instead of water or paprika, cinnamon or other spices - it also helps the scent.