PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

MestizoGypsy
June 21st, 2012, 08:20 PM
First, many of you recommended using chelating shampoo to protect my hair from daily chlorine exposure- should I used it every day that I swim?

Second, I was wondering what some protective styles/oils are that y'all use at night might be. I sleep with a satin pillow case and usually some conditioner in the ends, but I still wake up with 'crunchy' feeling ends sometimes. Any oils, styles, or a combo of the two that anyone could recommend?

Thanks for the help everybody!

lmfbs
June 21st, 2012, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't use it every time, it's quite rough on your hair.

My fave oil is coconut oil, and I oil and braid every night. I wear my hair up most days so oil reasonably heavily, but my hair soaks it up by lunchtime. Hungry hungry hair.

jesis
June 21st, 2012, 08:31 PM
My hair used to hate coconut oil, but now I really like it. My suggestion to you is to put it on your hair pre-wash and then maybe a little bit while it's still damp (don't overdo it!) and let it dry. It shouldn't cause any crunchiness.

Camelia oil is my favorite, but it's hard to find unless you have it shipped, which can be costly.

Diamond.Eyes
June 21st, 2012, 08:52 PM
Before I go swimming, I get my hair soaking wet with diluted water, apply a sulfate-free conditioner all over, then put it into a single French braid. I think this style really helps prtoect hair from dirty and/or chlorine-rich water from soaking and potentially damaging the hair.

As far as my sleeping style goes, I apply coconut or Vatika oil to my ends, then lightly twist my hair before placing it inside of my silk sleep cap. I then sleep upon a silk pillow. I'm sure a satin sleep cap/pillow works just the same. :flower:

lmfbs
June 22nd, 2012, 04:44 AM
Before I go swimming, I get my hair soaking wet with diluted water, apply a sulfate-free conditioner all over, then put it into a single French braid. I think this style really helps prtoect hair from dirty and/or chlorine-rich water from soaking and potentially damaging the hair.

As far as my sleeping style goes, I apply coconut or Vatika oil to my ends, then lightly twist my hair before placing it inside of my silk sleep cap. I then sleep upon a silk pillow. I'm sure a satin sleep cap/pillow works just the same. :flower:

What's diluted water? What do you dilute it with? :poot: