PDA

View Full Version : Madora-George Michael Salon Coupon for hairstyling!

Vanilla
June 21st, 2012, 07:25 PM
Take a look at this link:

http://www.madoralonghairheaven.com/coupons.html

They have a free hair do for mid back length or longer, Tuesday through Friday through August this year. Just thought I'd share with everyone.

I'm not sure I would be able to go myself, but if I do, I'll be sure to share :). I don't even know if my hair is considered mid back length yet. It's about an inch and a half away from BSL.

Madora
June 21st, 2012, 08:12 PM
My goodness, I would SO be there, if I lived in NYC!!! I've never known them to do anything like this.

However, I wonder if there is a "catch"...ie. perhaps in conjunction with getting the GM treatment or some other service.

Vanilla
June 21st, 2012, 09:18 PM
My goodness, I would SO be there, if I lived in NYC!!! I've never known them to do anything like this.

However, I wonder if there is a "catch"...ie. perhaps in conjunction with getting the GM treatment or some other service.

I'll give them a call tomorrow to find out. I need to order some more pink creme shampoo anyways from them.

Are you planning on coming back to NYC this summer at all, Madora?

Freckled.Thing
June 21st, 2012, 09:41 PM
Hmmm, if I find my self on a day trip into the city sometime this summer I might just take advantage of this. I'm sure my family would think I was totally crazy though, so then again maybe not.

Madora
June 22nd, 2012, 07:02 AM
I'll give them a call tomorrow to find out. I need to order some more pink creme shampoo anyways from them.

Are you planning on coming back to NYC this summer at all, Madora?

How I wish, Vanilla! Thanks for checking out that offer. I'm wondering if the new proprietress is initiating new incentives to attract more long hairs into the salon.

Vanilla
June 22nd, 2012, 12:25 PM
Madora, I'm sad you won't be able to come to NYC to come back to the salon.

No other service is needed to get the updo. Yay! I'm booked for the end of July.

cheetahfast
June 22nd, 2012, 12:34 PM
Ooooo, Idk, of my hair is long enough...I'd love to go if it is though.
Sounds cool :).

Madora
June 22nd, 2012, 12:38 PM
Madora, I'm sad you won't be able to come to NYC to come back to the salon.

No other service is needed to get the updo. Yay! I'm booked for the end of July.

Oooohh!!! Yay is right! That sounds like one heck of a deal! If possible, please take some pics.

Also, you might ask whoever is in charge if they still do their long hair public exhibition show. This was a yearly affair when Dr. Michael was alive but I don't know if they continued the tradition after he passed away.

It was a by invitation only event (as far as I know) that featured Dr. Michael and several of his long haired clients. The late Mrs. Maria Matarazzo would demonstrate how to do updos on very long hair. I was lucky to see two of these shows and they were inspiring! I never saw so many manes of gorgeous hair in one place in my life!

Now that Maria is no longer with us, I wonder if they'd want to continue these shows...but it would be wonderful if they did.

Vanilla
June 22nd, 2012, 05:09 PM
Oooohh!!! Yay is right! That sounds like one heck of a deal! If possible, please take some pics.

Also, you might ask whoever is in charge if they still do their long hair public exhibition show. This was a yearly affair when Dr. Michael was alive but I don't know if they continued the tradition after he passed away.

It was a by invitation only event (as far as I know) that featured Dr. Michael and several of his long haired clients. The late Mrs. Maria Matarazzo would demonstrate how to do updos on very long hair. I was lucky to see two of these shows and they were inspiring! I never saw so many manes of gorgeous hair in one place in my life!

Now that Maria is no longer with us, I wonder if they'd want to continue these shows...but it would be wonderful if they did.

I will have to ask them to take pics and about the long hair show when I'm there. I didn't realize Maria had passed away; when did it happen?

Madora
June 22nd, 2012, 07:06 PM
I will have to ask them to take pics and about the long hair show when I'm there. I didn't realize Maria had passed away; when did it happen?

Maria passed away within the last month I believe.

GabrielleRose
June 22nd, 2012, 07:17 PM
I didn't know Maria passed away. :( She was so sweet and helpful when I would email her about the products, and she even gave me some advice with my hair care. I am deeply saddened by her passing. She had stunning hair, and I just saw a photo of her when she was younger, she is definitely a hair idol for me.

Vanilla
June 22nd, 2012, 09:59 PM
That is so sad :(. I hope her family is doing ok.

saffy2yrs
June 22nd, 2012, 10:04 PM
Hm, that would almost be worth spending money just to go get hair done...

but I have no time to take off work, and not enough money to go to New york from California

Vanilla
August 12th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Here are the pics of the style I got. Sorry it took so long to upload and show you guys.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/isk8r813/Iphone206.jpg

MeowScat
August 12th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Beautiful!!! That is one thick braid. I'm so jealous right now!

How was your experience there? Details! Details!

:)

Vanilla
August 12th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Thank you for the compliment :). My experience there was great, I had a really good time. I've had my hair cut there before, but they really did an amazing job with the braid. They are really sweet and the salon was quiet. We had some chats about Miss Maria and my DH, and it was nice to be able to have "girl time".

I wore the braid the next day even (it was a little fuzzy).

MeowScat
August 12th, 2012, 03:15 PM
A quiet salon actually exists? It's a miracle!

I want to go there so badly but I don't want to take the LIRR by myself. I'd have to find someone patient enough to hang out on the train and in the salon. Maybe Mom could go shopping....hmmm...

Please let us know how your experience is the next time you go. That place fascinates me to no end.

Vanilla
August 12th, 2012, 03:23 PM
A quiet salon actually exists? It's a miracle!

I want to go there so badly but I don't want to take the LIRR by myself. I'd have to find someone patient enough to hang out on the train and in the salon. Maybe Mom could go shopping....hmmm...

Please let us know how your experience is the next time you go. That place fascinates me to no end.

Sent you a PM.....:)

jojo
August 12th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Aww so wish I lived over there, sounds a terrific deal and I love your posh braid very chic!

Vanilla
August 12th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks jojo! They did an amazing job on the braid. I so wish I could do this one by myself, but there's no way :)

Madora
August 12th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Here are the pics of the style I got. Sorry it took so long to upload and show you guys.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/isk8r813/Iphone206.jpg

Vanilla, any chance of seeing your braided style in a larger format? I'd love to see the way they braided it. So glad you enjoyed your experience there!

Vanilla
August 12th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Madora,

Here's the larger format version. It was two french braids, starting with a right side part, ending in the single english braid:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/isk8r813/Iphone211.jpg

jojo
August 12th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Aww so wish I lived over there, sounds a terrific deal and I love your posh braid very chic!

Lostsoule77
August 12th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Vanilla that is gorgeous!

Vanilla
August 12th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Vanilla that is gorgeous!

Thanks so much :) They did such an amazing job. I need a tutorial on how to do two braids, I have a hard time with the sectioning part of the two braids, I'm not sure why.

Madora
August 12th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks very much, Vanilla! They did such a lovely job!

Vanilla
August 12th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks very much, Vanilla! They did such a lovely job!

No problem Madora, they did do such an amazing job :). I will have to keep their salon it in mind if I ever have another special event to attend.